new allamuchy general store with new name, owners

Has anyone heard about the Allamuchy general store reopening with new owners, new concept, and new name?

908mom 908mom
Dec '21

I've driven by recently and seen no sign of any activity.........

4catmom 4catmom
Dec '21

Nope have not heard anything about it.

The food was fantastic before, and the 'theme' or concept was cool too, if that was all him it may be hard to recreate, but good luck to anyone who takes it on, looking forward to going back there the way it was!

itiswhatitis
Dec '21

I hope they put prices on their menu!

One would think that with it’s proximity to Panther Valley (thousands of households) and right by the Rte. 80 ramp, it’s a Goldmine waiting to happen.

Stymie Stymie
Dec '21

Hope the new owner(s) are a bit more personable.

Consigliere
Dec '21

Are they looking for a grumpy greeter?

Bug3
Dec '21

As of this morning it was up to be leased at $4000 a month. Anyone know how Dean is?

$4K??? Insane

See below

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/off/d/allamuchy-for-rent-turnkey-full/7406392386.html

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Dec '21

4K a month for rent you gotta sell a lot of French toast just to break even good luck !

The rent is higher as it is being sold fully equipped. So somebody looking to run a restaurant can just pay the $4K monthly without having to worry about buying anything else.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Dec '21

I don't see it stating lease to buy. It is a rental fully equipped at 4k plus a month.

So I’m guessing that with the two additional rental units in the building, the owner believes the total rental income should be around $7,500-$8,000 a month.
Sounds a little rich to me.

Stymie Stymie
Dec '21

Same reason the public house is Chester is sitting vacant for years now...

Don't overpay for rent that the greedy boomer wants. You will just spin your wheels and go broke.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Dec '21

I wish them luck and hope they find a tenant soon. I miss having breakfast there.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Dec '21

^^^agreed plus utilities / food cost and payroll. I’ll enjoy being a customer again but good luck!

Only there a couple of times over the years but the asking price, a nut/3x net, $4K/mo lease would, most likely, not be supported by the past business results or to be anticipated by any future ones.

New2this New2this
Dec '21

Agreed on all comments about the $4k/mo rent/lease. However, maybe if one of the "ALSO IN SAME BUILDING 3BR APARTMENT AVAILABLE AND 2 BR APARTMENT AVAILABLE" is included to the 4k (where the new deli-owner would live upstairs) that may be worth the "GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY-TURNKEY" to completely turn it around and serve the community for the food business in that rural area.

aol123@aol.com aol123@aol.com
Dec '21

I had a good breakfast there way before the virus hit . Such a shame!

Michael Michael
Dec '21

Went by today. There is a banner hanging up saying new owners calling the place Taste,opening soon.

David David
Dec '21

Past by the location twice today.
Once this AM at 9:30- two fellows entering- no sign.
This afternoon approx. 3:00.
Sign on side of building-“Coming soon TASTE”
( I believe it said ‘Taste’).
But definitely coming soon.

Stymie Stymie
Dec '21

Yay!! Glad to hear it..

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Dec '21

Seems like they are setting up to open in January! Same general store design inside. They're keeping the ice cream and deli cases. Open for breakfast and lunch and grab and go meals. Looking forward to supporting this new business in our area

908mom 908mom
Dec '21

Sounds great! Could always use another option for Breakfast/Lunch! Wonder how expensive the prices will be considering the price of the rent!

Looks like Taste is open or about to. Here’s the link to their website, with menu and hours

https://www.tastenj.biz/menus

Local Gal Local Gal
Jan '22

Looks good!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jan '22

Thanks for sharing the menu!

Menu? Prices?
Wow

Bug3
Jan '22

Looks like a great option! Let's all give them a bit of grace while they open :)

Alla
Jan '22

Will have to give it a try. I wish they would have used actual photos of the food they prepare instead of stock online photos, but certainly not a deal breaker.

I was curious: Comparison to IHOP cost of Pancakes updated December 2021:

Double Blueberry Pancakes $6.79
Original Buttermilk Pancakes $5.69
Harvest Grain 'N Nut Pancakes $6.99

I think the atmosphere at Allamuchy General Store might be different than IHOP. We will definitely give it a try.

Does anybody know if Dean has recovered? Hopefully he has.

Does anybody know the new owners? I'm guessing they're local. I don't know.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Jan '22

Very disappointed that they’re not offering any gluten-free options. That was one of the wonderful things about the Allamuchy General Store Café… They had excellent options for those of our family that have to follow a GF diet.

Really missing having a great breakfast and lunch place right around the corner from us.

Jules Jules
Jan '22

Aren't the omelettes and breakfast skillets all gluten-free?

ianimal ianimal
Jan '22

ianimal

Good point. Not only are omelets gluten free, but they also have salads that are gluten free and I suspect any burger can be served without the bun

Local Gal Local Gal
Jan '22

Nine dollars for two M and M pancakes? $2.25 for toast? A little expensive, it seems, but IF food and service are good, then that makes all the difference.

DogDayAfternoon
Jan '22

They have to figure out a way to pay that $4K a month in rent!

It's $9 for three M&M pancakes, not two.

The Flemington Diner charges $10 for M&M pancakes and $3 for toast.

Key City Diner charges $9.19 for chocolate chip pancakes and $3.69 for toast.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '22

ianimal, yes, of course those are gluten-free but it’s such a nice thing to be able to eat toast or a sandwich or burger on bread or a roll. I think the prices are fair and we don’t mind paying more for any gluten-free baked goods.

Jules Jules
Jan '22

Good luck to the new owners. Great location and great setting. Bring a positive attitude and good food and you will be fine

Michigan Michigan
Jan '22

Went to Taste to have breakfast today and found a sign on the front door- “effective 1/3/23 closes until further notice”. However, on their Facebook page they say they are closed the month of January for renovations?

Is “closed for renovations” another way of saying “out of business” in this case? Great place- hope I am wrong.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Jan '23

When you want your creditors to think all is well then it's "renovation" time. LOL. They just renovated when they opened not long ago. Who knows. Lets hope it opens back up .

Just drove by there, doesn't look like any renovations taking place.....

According to their Facebook page, they are to reopen in the next two weeks. They state it was a vacation and equipment repair for the closure. Who knows.

I hope they fixed their heat....it's freezing in there during winter

htownlifer htownlifer
Jan '23

i saw a sign on the store that said closed till further notice.what happened

It's for rent on Facebook- stating 'sudden medical emergency'-

Yet- the terms of rental-

5 year lease

$4,000 a month

$24,000 advance payment up front!!

PLUS- security deposit

PLUS- tenant pays real estate tax

PLUS- Tenant Pays Electric, Gas, Maintenance, Soda Fountain, Cable/Internet, Garbage, Snow Removal & Landscaping

Ad brags about the awards, and the food...as if that carries over. It's not like the employees are part of the deal.

Good luck with that 'Robbin Gulino' (listed in the ad)- I bet it's going to sit for a loooong time.

LOL, terms looks very very expensive!

LMAO! There is no way on this green earth that place has or will ever generate the kind or income that would allow a reasonable profit after all of those and the other ancillary expenses are satisfied. If the books are cooked to show even half of that it is pure fiction.....

How much to just buy the building???

(possibly very dated but) Zestimate has it about $300k. listed 2 bed, 1 bath (?)

So only if the store owner not only operates, but also lives on the premises, ( 2 for 1), that's the only condition would make the posted offer sensible (affordable or financially worth restarting that business, in that area) to me.

aol123@aol.com aol123@aol.com
May '23

The rent terms don't include the apartment- they have that 'available separate'.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: new allamuchy general store with new name, owners
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.