Vandalism at Lowe's Mountain avenue!!

Vandalism at Lowe's Mountain avenue!!

Haha! I bet you thought this was going to be another one of those let's piss and moan about something threads! LOL.

I just happened to notice this tree that Chewy the beaver has been working on. Very clean work. Surprisingly that is up probably 16 in or so from the ground. Industrious little fellow as he must stand and chew for quite some time. There's a second tree he's been tasting as well. Check it out it's opposite the main entrance along the roadway that circles the parking lot.

Leave it to beaver!

LV_momof3
Sep '21

What will it fall on?

Roywhite Roywhite
Sep '21

deaf ears

bflat4u bflat4u
Oct '21

That’s crazy! At Lowe’s???? Pardon my ignorance but there’s a body of water in that area? I had no idea there were urban (suburban?) beavers!

Consigliere
Oct '21

There's a large man-made retention basin (wet pond) directly adjacent to Lowe's as well as the Musconetcong River that comes within about 50-100 feet from Lowe's Garden Center.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '21

Call me bored but I had to drive over snd take a look. Cant be Kiev’s I’ve never noticed that pond Ianimal. Call me unobservant :)

Consigliere
Oct '21

Did those Spotted Lantern Bugs cause this?

Hackresident Hackresident
Oct '21

Hackresident, Spotted Lanternflies do not do any damage to trees, per se. The reason they are bad is because they secrete a substance that causes fungus to grow, and it's the fungus that damages fruit trees.

Hackresident

No, not Spotted Lanternflies. This is the work of a beaver or beavers. It seems as though they may have moved downstream form when they were in one of the other parks (Hatchery, maybe?) and started rebuilding by Lowes. With all the floods, perhaps their dam or lodge was damaged, broken up and moved downstream, so they relocated.

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Vandalism at Lowe's Mountain avenue!!
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.