Best cigars in Hackettstown?

Who has the ripest humidor and the nicest cigars in Hackettstown? Too many stores don’t pay attention to temp and humidity.

Mervin Mervin
Sep '21

I only know of Bottle King or ShopRite liquors.

What kind of cigars do you like? Boutique, main stream, mix if both?

Bhavik Bhavik
Sep '21

Liquor Store up by Sonny’s Pizza on 517 has the best selection, but the pricing is freakin’ CRAZY.
SKY HIGH which is to bad. Obscene.
In a pinch, I’ll grab one from Bottle King or Shoprite Liquors off of Main St.
It’s definitely a Sellers market out here.

Stymie Stymie
Sep '21

Forget the liquor store on 517 by sonnys. Go to the speedy mart deli in the same strip mall. Way better selection and better prices.

Consigliere
Sep '21

Second that consigliere. Cigars international in Nazareth is a good stop. There’s just no bargains anymore. Not even JR samplers.

Masks Fortheugly Masks Fortheugly
Sep '21

Thank you consigliere.
Will give them a look see.

Stymie Stymie
Sep '21

Also Famous Smoke Shop in Easton and also online.

Steve Steve
Sep '21

I’d like to stay as local as possible.
I like to buy them as needed, preferably one or two at a time.
Try to limit my smoking to 1-2 a month.
Unhealthy, but most enjoyable.
Trip to J&R once in a while to smoke inside when it’s gets colder.

Stymie Stymie
Sep '21

I’m not sure what classifies as boutique/mainstream…but proper branded cigars, no flavoured crap. Partagas , Punch, El Rey Del Mundo, Oliva etc are the sorta things I like.

Mervin Mervin
Sep '21

Re: Best cigars in Hackettstown?

The cigar shop on the main strip in New Hope is excellent.

My only complaint would be that they don't have cheap cutters... who wants to spend $40 on a fancy one after spending $50 on a couple of nice sticks?

ianimal ianimal
Sep '21

Cutter, shmutter. Just bite it! :)

Consigliere
Sep '21

Anyone interested in opening a private cigar smoking club for members only? It's really unfortunate that Hackettstown doesn't have one. I'm a avid cigar smoker and like to unwind at the end of the day, or even on the weekend and smoke a few cigars. I've been thinking about this for a while now. I'm really serious about renting a store front intown, so I'd like to see how many members we would be able to muster up. I hate driving down to JR although it's a nice place we could have a peace of heaven in Hackettstown , so who's with me?

Luis,

I would be interested in a private cigar club. The closest one I can think of is in Fairfield. It's a nice place but a little too far to travel to. My former boss use to hold vender meetings there, they had a access control system which allowed the members to come and go as they please.

Wildland Wildland
Sep '21

I don’t smoke enough to make it cost effective.
But good luck!

Stymie Stymie
Sep '21

"I'm really serious about renting a store front in town, so I'd like to see how many members we would be able to muster up."

Here's a start on what you need to do to meet an exemption to NJ Smoke Free Air Act.

https://www.njgasp.org/legislation-litigation/the-new-jersey-smoke-free-air-act-exemptions/

Although (I'm not a lawyer) it's not clear if they allow ANY exemptions for cigar lounges unless the business has already existed prior to December 31,2004. (See the "Location" requirement in the link).

There was an Assembly Bill introduced in 2016 to allow new exemptions. Not sure if it was successful or got adopted:

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2016/Bills/A2500/2057_I1.HTM

Good Luck!

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '21

Luis I very interested I’m from the great Meadows area and a avid cigar smoker. Would love to only have to travel to Hackettstown and I feel this would be a huge success

Voice of the valley Voice of the valley
Sep '21

I’d certainly support a local cigar lounge. I’d be good for at least a $25 stick per week. Add a little BYOC (bring your own cognac) and that would be a fantastic time.

Consigliere
Sep '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Best cigars in Hackettstown?
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.