Security Camera Recco's

Hi, we need to get a new security camera installed and be able to see our house from our Android (S8 and S20).

Can someone recommend a good security camera for under 100 or so? One that is compatible with Android app as well.

I'm a fan of Wyze. I got it on special for $20, and another $10 for an SD card, and you'll be in good shape.

Route 46 Route 46
Sep '21

I have 3 active Wyze cameras, one outside all weather, two inside. The app is easy to use and install, works with Alexa or Google home to view on those devices too. They constantly record to cards (micro SD) and you can review history easily through the app we have on our phones (one android, one IPhone). The are many other choices but I got mine as special sales so went that way. Total investment for the 3 cameras was under $100.

You want the Wyze model 3, much better at night.

https://wyze.com/wyze-cam.html

Not In NJ Anymore Not In NJ Anymore
Sep '21

The Model 3 only takes a 32GB or less card, the others have no limit.

I have 6 V2 and 8 V3 cameras , 32 gb has 2 days of video enough 4 me. On Facebook Wyze folks have 200 plus gb with no problem on the V3. I got my 1st Wyze in 2018.

Sep '21

Re: Security Camera Recco's

V3 at night, no exterior lighting

Sep '21

Also, the good thing about Wyze is the cloud monitoring / storage is optional. The bad, there does not seem to be an option to monitor your Wyze camera's on or from your PC. Wyze does not have a website for monitoring your cameras. Also they do not have an app that works on your PC. Seems the only way to View / Monitor your Wyze camera's is on a phone or tablet.

Wyze Man Wyze Man
Sep '21

Not in NJ , wow, great clear picture! Impressive :)

PS Just looked up V3, they have it for $35 on EBay, thank you.

AJMS,

Same location during the day. Amazon has them for the same price as well as from WYZE. If you need more info let me know.

Sep '21

Any other recommendations? Blink? Nest?
Someone stole from outside our house last night.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Oct '21

I have Nest. A door bell camera and a IQ outdoor. The cameras are expensive. I pay yearly for the cloud storage. But I like that my cameras are all hard wired and I dont have to deal with flash memory or batteries. I also like facial recognition and alerts on my iPhone. Ie when the kids get home from school I get a screen pop on my iPhone with their name. I’ve had mine for several years. I installed them and haven’t touched them since. I highly recommend if you can stomach the price.

Sacks cousin
Oct '21

Windows 11 will soon get an update that allows Android apps on your PC. I will be trying the Wyze and let you know if successful when the update comes out.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.