Reviews and Bashing Online

Hi
Wanted to know if anyone else is noticing people lately attending local parties, being gracious and appreciative to the host/hostess and their vendors and then bashing them behind their back once done and being rude and overly critical? What gives with this?
We have a neighbor next door in tears tonight when she spent over $1k and invited her guests to her pre-nup and the guests all said to her feedback that the food was amazing and everything was great and then bashed her hired vendors one by one behind her back online, she is so sad and embarrassed :(

Comment polite ones, please.

Hopefully her guests that enjoyed the food will post positive reviews so that the host might feel a bit better. It’s terrible that the others had to go online to share their negative comments.

The host is requesting online reviews? Or are these people doing it on their own Facebook accounts? Either way it sounds like her friends won’t be her friends for much longer. That’s terrible.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Aug '21

People are having parties for prenuptial agreements now?

ianimal ianimal
Aug '21

That's exactly what I was thinking ianimal. What the hell?!! That seems utterly ridiculous to me...

It sounds as if the vendors are upset at the negative feedback. She may be as well but to me it all sounds very peculiar.

Pre nup party, AKA engagement party right? Most times takes the place of a bridal shower, everybody can celebrate.

The anonymity of the internet leads people to bash much more. Sign your name to it and I bet they wouldn’t have so much to say.

Roywhite Roywhite
Aug '21

Here ya go guys

An internet translation

https://www.zola.com/expert-advice/a-guide-to-throwing-a-prenuptial-party

Bug3
Aug '21

I would guess that her guests believed they were being gracious to her (their host) and thought their reviews would be private/unknown. If so many people gave negative reviews it must have been a less than stellar caterer.

Green Trees Green Trees
Aug '21

Hi All.
We were there for awhile and the caterer was personable and excellent to us.
I guess it's the new wave to complain and not be grateful to others.
We are going to leave a stellar review and I guess our family will do the same.
The point here I guess is that in this tough time her guests thought it was OK to bash this person when they were invited and partook for FREE.
I think everyone should be more gracious and thankful.

Thoughts, anyone?

Bug3, interesting article indeed.

3wb the guests were just going on on their own accord. Not prompted.

AJMS -

People love to complain. I don’t know why. I guess it helps blow off steam.

Green Trees Green Trees
Aug '21

Needless to say, keep your circle small. You will never be able to please everyone. People these days feel entitled and above others. If they have so much to say, I would love to see them be the hired help and how the would "perform". Not to mention, I wouldn't invite them to the wedding - what for?! Lets see how much they have to say when they are no longer on the invite list. People SUCK!

Never Lost It
Aug '21

1000+@NeverLost it

Just thinking how lowbrow or cancel-culture it is to throw a "prenuptial" party for someone the person/couple decides to marry, spend the rest of their life, start a family, & love eachother so much that they need to write it out into a signed CONTRACT ...that everyone needs to know about?

I agree they may want to avoid *any or certain* problems during the marriage by running to that "disclaimer" in that contract (prenup). Which also may save them some face, money, and/or time using the prenup to settle the differences out of court rather than going through a Divorce.

But just not ok or disappoint people around them on how low scruples, lack of self-esteem, distaste, and disrespect the couple does to publish, advertise, take away the privacy of that thing. Otherwise, maybe just plain T.M.I. to let others know.

aol123@aol.com aol123@aol.com
Aug '21

Never Lost it, I also find that to be true, unfortunately. However, they're still a lot of good people in this world. Avoid the negative ones!

Joyce Joyce
Aug '21

Never Lost It. I agree, looks so easy for professionals but let us see a basher don an apron and do some hard working tasks, and see how well they perform.
I believe in "the glass is half-full" theory more than most.

Went to a party before COVID at an expensive country club and while the drinks were not bad the food was mediocre at best. Just kept this to ourselves and on multiple occasions told the host how wonderful it was. The real review is when the customers are not there in the future...

True IJay. But I guess the point I am making is that we are often quite critical of others more than ourselves. And our neighbor is not having a lot of income right now so I feel her guests should have been more gracious in general to her. That's all. Not do reviews behind her back, especially if they did not pay

People point fingers at other people/things, to make them feel better inside about whatever issue(s) they may be having. I am a firm believer of good attracts good and evil attracts evil. Why rain on someone else parade...let them be happy....and move on about your day/business.

If you see someone, give a compliment - even if its on something silly. You don't know what kind of day/life that person may be having. A small compliment could go a longgg way...especially with this crazy world we are living in these days.

Never Lost It
Aug '21

So very true!!! @ Never Lost It. Thank you for your comment...

joyful joyful
Aug '21

100% agree AJMS. Whether or not they were close friends doesn't matter, they were treated like close friends via the invite. Respect it.

And our neighbor is not having a lot of income right now so I feel her guests should have been more gracious in general to her.

Then what does she need a "prenup" party for? If you have no "income" or assets why have a prenup at all?

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Aug '21

Hi dodgeball
I guess if you don't have alot you are more inclined to protect what you have, no?
Just a mention.

Maybe the groom was protecting his assets from het

Bug3
Aug '21

So I work retail and I found this post interesting because I have noticed a change in people. I used to enjoy my job but people have been so awful lately over the smallest things that I dread almost all human interaction now. I never know what to expect when I'm approached by a customer, even the ones wearing a big smile because they are just so quick to turn on a dime. The people that leave review's like that will be the same ones complaining when it goes out of business

Animallove Animallove
Aug '21

Animallove, I agree. Not even speaking of the people on this forum, but just of the people I know in real life, the ones who have been complaining the loudest about understaffing are the same ones who are treating employees like garbage. Specifically restaurant workers. The amount of abuse has increased tenfold. No wonder no one wants those jobs anymore.

This is exactly why businesses are smaller , not taking on new customers and why nobody works !
The list goes from Doctors, vets, salons , groomers , food, mechanics ! Etc! Etc !
Not taking on new customers. Everyone is entitled.
People have off days, it’s impossible to please 100 percent . These surviving businesses are making a effort give them a break . What ever happened to if not happy with a service or product or person just don’t go back . Bashing and giving a bad review during these tough times is absolutely disgusting .

Bee, so true. Terrible actions indeed.
It's a whole new world out there for servers and not for the better.

I wonder also if anyone believes these nutty reviews? I read one the other day and it was like reading an angry novel- it went on for like 6 paragraphs! A disturbed individual.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Reviews and Bashing Online
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.