Amazon Army

Amazon Army

I was driving this morning on Waterloo Road and got stuck driving in between an army of Amazon trucks!

Has anyone seen the crazy uptick in Amazon trucks on the road lately in our area? I know there’s the warehouse in the ITC center and that they are always out, but this morning was something else! Not complaining, just an observation. Love Amazon. Hah!

Nothing to see here, move along. Love me some Amazon prime.

Forcefed4door Forcefed4door
Jul '21

If you catch it at the right time, you see something fairly similar when all the UPS trucks leave in the morning.

Between the Amazon Trucks, US Mail Trucks, UPS Trucks, FedEx Trucks and Landscaping Rigs parking wherever the hell they want, we’re looking at a rash of head on accidents just waiting to occur.

Stymie Stymie
Jul '21

Amazon trucks are parked at the old Intercounty Paving on Willow Grove St. so they travel Waterloo Rd through the trade center to get to their hub. That’s why there’s so many lined up at once at a time. I’ve gotten caught in it trying to get through Waterloo too.

Calmuself
Jul '21

Stymie- is that true?

If more people are ordering online means less people going out to pick up random stuff

Nosila
Jul '21

Their blocking of the lane forces drivers to pass them, either by dancing on the center line or crossing into the oncoming traffic lane-on interior, residential roads.
Recipe for collisions.

Stymie Stymie
Jul '21

Amazon is doing God's work, delivering us the needed distractions that keep us from realizing how pathetic our lives are.

And cat food.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Jul '21

I like Amazon and cat food is good too

Sacks cousin
Jul '21

I don’t like cat food but if u don’t know how to drive; don’t.

Roywhite Roywhite
Jul '21

Get your pet supplies from chewy … but Amazon is good for lots of other stuff!

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Jul '21

If you don't know how to drive around an Amazon truck buy a Tesla and let it drive for you.

callitlikeIseeit callitlikeIseeit
Jul '21

Thank you for your advice.
So far so good.
As the situation continues to worsen, its only a matter of time until someone collides as a result.
God forbid that they find a parking spot 50 feet away from the drop or they pull into a driveway.
Landscapers with their trailers are different— they’ll take up most of both lanes and not give a $hi£

Stymie Stymie
Jul '21

Boomers need to get driver retesting after age 60. That might help a bit. No one that knows how to drive is afraid of an Amazon truck.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Jul '21

dodgebaal

The problem is that too many of the people driving Amazon trucks don't seem to have had any driving training. I'm not just talking about auxiliary training, as in how to handle the van properly, but basic driver's ed.! I've seem them driving along the shoulder against traffic while taking up half a lane, of course parking against the flow of traffic, not signalling, you name it. FedEx at least has supervisors tht drive with them off and on to make sure they're properly following protocol and I'm guessing UPS does too.

Does Amazon have the same AND driver training programs, or are they just set loose willy-nilly as independent contractors? You seem to be critiquing "Boomers", rather than the fact that a lot of the Amazon drivers seem to be driving like schist. I haven't heard Stymie say they were afraid of them, and neither am I, but rather he's bringing attention to their lack of focus on driving properly, forcing others to have to avoid them.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jul '21

I’ve seen an Amazon truck get up on 2 wheels. Just the left side and rock that for about a quarter mile. Awesome.

Sacks cousin
Jul '21

Phil, he is always putting down boomers for one reason or another. Probably a fear of aging (how is that going for you dodgebaal) or dislike of parents or other family members. Grow up and hopefully one day you too will be older and wiser.

justwondering justwondering
Jul '21

If they scare you, don’t drive near them?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jul '21

Umm
Great idea but its closer to avoiding a drunk driver...they drive like complete idiots

Bug3
Jul '21

Wow. Just stay home then.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jul '21

Would love to..but I have a job

Bug3
Jul '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Amazon Army
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.