Lost Dog Port Murray area

Lost Dog Port Murray area

BLACK Flat Coated Retriever.
Shadow has been missing since the evening of July 8th 2021 and last seen near Old Turnpike Road and Cleveland Avenue in Port Murray New Jersey. He is a 6 year old black Flat-Coated Retriever. He is friendly and chipped. If you see him please call 908-325-5353.

I saw a sign in a persons front yard for 'Found Dog' around that same time period on Musconetcong river rd between Changewater and New Hampton - river side, I read it heading towards 31..

Can't promise it is him- sign didn't give any details.

Good luck.

Thank you. I had went on that road last weekend but probably turned onto changewatwe before I hit it. Will try again. Thank you

Went by around 7 and took it to rt 31. Didn't see it so hopefully the pup was hooked up with his owner. Did I run into you last weekend? 2 hikers I was at trailhead on the cornfields doing the poster? That's when it was mentioned about the sign but I had not gone far enough that day afterward.

Thanks again.

I have been following this Lost Dog on Facebook. I guess the dog that was heard barking wasn't yours? I'll keep you in my prayers. Did you call the professional groups, like Hound Hunters, to assist you?

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Jul '21

Try contacting hound hunters organization is very successful locating lost pets call fast time is critical

Doggy lover
Jul '21

according to a Facebook Hackettstown Community page this dog seems to have gotten home......accurate??

4catmom 4catmom
Jul '21

Different dog. The most recent post about a dog that got home was a small brown dog in Hackettstown. Not the one that was barking in the Point Mountain/Penwell area of Port Murray.

Jul '21

Re: Lost Dog Port Murray area

Shadow was last seen on Friday, July 23rd in Lebanon Twp. on video. Please keep an eye out for this beautiful flat-coated retriever. Please do not chase him. You can try to lure him with food. Please call his owner asap if you see him: 908-325-5353.

MaryLynn Schiavi MaryLynn Schiavi
Jul '21

Sorry. This sighting has not been confirmed.

Jul '21

Hi all. if you are hiking the Point Mountain area, I got this from Hound Hunters

Me
Should we just hike and don't call out? Or call out for him?

Hound Hunters of New Jersey, Inc. sent Today at 6:19 PM
I would not call out. This will alert him that you're coming long before you see him. It could make him run the other direction before having a chance to see him. One never knows the mental state of a lost dog. While he may respond to your voice because you are his owner, he may not respond to a stranger's voice. Any loud noise alerts him from a distance that Something is coming and he should get away from danger. I would err on the side of caution and not call out to him and not make loud noises towards him. Bringing dogs is a great idea.

Any updates?

Jeanne D Jeanne D
Aug '21

Not found yet. Looking for new sighting. The dog we had seen on trail cam alone that we thought was shadow had the owner show up 10 minutes later on the day we had enabled the trap on Fri 7/30

My children go to camp bernie and according to overnight counselors they can hear the dog barking every night and they have spotted him on the property. I do not know how true that is but when my son had asked if he can bring dog food to help bring him out of the woods they told him it wasn’t their responsibility which made him very upset. He is so worried about this dog and begs me to look for him on the ride home after I drop them off to camp every morning. I really hope you find him soon! <3

Washingtonmama
Aug '21

Thank you.. I'll look around in the area. That is upsetting as they should at least notify me. They were given fliers and it was supposed to be distributed internally via social media to be on the look out. Perhaps they didn't get a good look. But I will check with them and search outside their property if I can't get permission to be on their grounds.

@Washingtonmama is it possible for you to contact me. I don't see an email envelope next to your post. Thank you

YJ:

Contact the Police Dept., and ask them to contact Camp Bernie. They should assist you on the property looking for your dog.

and/or contact: Animal Control.

Good Luck!!

Hackresident Hackresident
Aug '21

I am helping Yeong look for Shadow. I contacted Lebanon Twp animal control and a Lost Dog Report has also been filed with Animalcontrolsolutions.org. I also contacted Camp Bernie and spoke to the executive director who assured me that no one has spotted Shadow. She said they do hear dogs barking at night, but they could be neighbors dogs, they have no way of knowing if anyone of them is Shadow.

Aug '21

Any updates?

Someone posted a found lab on McKinley Avenue in Washington today. It's on the Washington Community page on FB. Dog looked brown, not black, but it's worth checking out.

Aug '21

Trying to get access to the page was the dog brought into their pd or shelter?

Called their aco and txt. Called pd too, but pd don't handle animals if they are bought in. I think they use common sense. Let me call them

I'm the mean time can someone post a screen shot of the post? Hopefully there is a pic

Ok got a photo sent and aco got back. It's not shadow.

Someone posted on FB today (08/30) that Shadow was found over the weekend. Is that true? Hoping.

Aug '21

Shadow is still missing as of today, Tuesday, Sept 7.

Sep '21

Was this dog ever found? Really hoping so :(

Thecatsmeow Thecatsmeow
Feb '22

I believe he was found if I recall correctly.

I have never seen that he was found. I have been following on FB pretty closely. It would be wonderful news if that were true, but I don't think it is.

Feb '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.