Recent Experiences Flying Out of Newark?

I’m flying out of Newark on Monday morning (10:00 AM with American Airlines) and was wondering how things are running these days with security lines and getting to the gate. I do have TSA pre-check which has helped in the past. I am just bringing a carry-on bag.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Jun '21

@D-ManPV.
I had to fly to Buffalo about a month ago. There was definitely a tick up in the amount of passengers that were in the airport. Having pre-TSA is definitely an advantage. The lines for the “non-TSA” were much longer than they were during the height of the pandemic. I’m sure by now that things have increased even further. The airport was definitely clean as well as all of the planes (I flew United)
With regards to air traffic, looks like things are starting to return to pre-COVID. Safe travels.

TheSoundGuy TheSoundGuy
Jun '21

Flew out late April on a Wednesday. Not too long in lines for TSA maybe 15-20 minutes.

Jimt1058
Jun '21

I agree with TheSoundGuy; that has been my experience as well. Haven't flown in nearly 6 weeks so things may have changed.

Rob Durana Rob Durana
Jun '21

Can't speak for Newark but flew Jetblue out of JFK the first week of May and while there was definitely an increase in passengers and lines, we still managed to get through the regular TSA line in less than 10 mins for an 8am flight.

But a lot has changed since then so I would expect there to be some lines especially for a 10am flight. Do recommend checking the website https://www.newarkairport.com/ for the security and customs wait times list as they are usually pretty accurate and updated often. Safe travels!

localtownie2
Jun '21

Left out of Newark last Sunday (May 30th) morning. 9:30 am flight and arrived at 8:00 am and there was a 45 minute wait on regular TSA line. I couldn’t believe how long and crowded it was at that time on Sunday during Memorial Day weekend.

kb2755 kb2755
Jun '21

I do PreCheck and was through TSA in under 5 minutes, but had water in my travel bottle so they made me go through again, second pass was also under 5 minutes.

Agust Agust
Jun '21

No problems at the airport today. Arrived about 8:00 AM and was through security in 10 minutes. It didn’t matter that I had pre-check as the lines weren’t long (Terminal A).

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Jun '21

Terminal C is where the TSA lines are..45 minute wait

Bug3
Jun '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Recent Experiences Flying Out of Newark?
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.