Memorial Day Motor Madness Car Show

Will it be happening this year?

Wonderful One Wonderful One
May '21

I don't believe so sadly. The Rotary usually presents it I believe. I would contact them to be sure but it's not on their calendar.

https://www.hackettstownrotary.org/

I can't imagine why other than the idiotic restrictions (in my opinion) still in place outdoors or indoors for that matter.

Just as I did in late October last fall I just attended the Carlisle car show on April 23rd a few weeks back. There was easily 30,000 people there that day if not more spread over 82 acres. It was very crowded as it has been for the last 35 years I have been attending. I saw maybe 150 people wearing masks. It was perfectly fine.

Mars did not want to do it so finding a place was the issue

Sandy Tomlinson
May '21

Maybe the property owner which provides the parking lot and property access does not want to be held responsible if a super spreader event occurs ... it is called risk management... just my 2 cents

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
May '21

I thought they were about to lift most restrictions on outdoor events later this month

Bug3
May '21

The problem is it takes months to plan an event like this or a parade, so while it's great that the restrictions are lifted right before it was scheduled to take place, at the time planning was starting, the restrictions made it impossible to hold the event. Same with the Memorial Day parade, at the time they were to start planning it the restrictions at the time prevented it from happening. Now that restrictions have been lifted there is no time to properly plan these events.

Jim L. Jim L.
May '21

JimL, absolutely.

Wonderful One Wonderful One
May '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic is unavailable for comments.