Best place for chicken and tuna salad?

I was wondering where you get your favorite chicken (and tuna) salad from. Thanks in advance for your help!

My kitchen.

Arctic Foods in Washington had excellent chicken salad.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
May '21

Dollar down the best chicken salad you have ever had at an nj deli is probably turkey salad. Turkey is cheaper and no one ever noticed.

Ser positivo Ser positivo
May '21

RAMBOS Deli Main Street, Califon
Best Chicken Salad

Chubby Chubby
May '21

Arctic Foods does have a great chicken salad. Tuna, I make at home.

Wow, Rambos is still open? It survived the Covid year?

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
May '21

Do you know of anyone having chicken salad with craisons in it, and the other things (celery, etc.).

I know that the Deli in Newton had that 2 years ago near the circle/court house made it that way, too. I hope they still have it ~ I might take a ride up there. LOL

MansfieldVillager MansfieldVillager
May '21

Artctic food has salad with craisins as well as plain

Sport
May '21

Where in Washington - near what? On Main Street? what side of Rt. 57 if you are going westbound? Thanks!

May '21

Does anyone in Hackettstown or Mansfield have Craison Chicken Salad.? Now I'm hungry!! LOL.

May '21

Honestly, Aldi's chicken salads are an Aldi "Cult" favorite. They have plain & Cranberry Almond.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
May '21

LMGTFY
http://www.arcticfoods.com/contact-us

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
May '21

ShopRite in Mansfield often has tuna salad they make fresh....it is very good...

zentravl zentravl
May '21

Re: Best place for chicken and tuna salad?

I made chicken salad for the first time ever last week. Easy and delicious. I did cook my own chicken, but you can buy cubed.
https://www.lemontreedwelling.com/bacon-cheddar-ranch-chicken-salad/

Artic chicken salad disappointed me. Okay, but expensive, I thought. I bought it, hoping for chicken salad as good as at Hawke Point. Nope.

maja2 maja2
May '21

I will say this thread did have me recall a very good chicken salad from many years ago,

The Cheeseblock in Succasunna was a wonderful specialty food store, now sadly long gone. In the later years it was owned by a man named Greg. Great guy. He had worked there for years prior to owning it. However it was originally owned and operated by a gentleman named Quam. He was very innovative with his foods and his choices for sale in the shop were wide ranging and excellent. This brings me to one of his many wonderful items he prepared daily. His chicken salad was simply out of this world. I can taste it now in my mind, 35 plus years later.

Speaking of Roxbury, there used to be a place called RB's Deli on US-46 in Kenvil that made the most massive chicken salad club sandwiches. No joke, it was just as tall as it was long and wide... a perfect cube.

ianimal ianimal
May '21

Shop Rite has great chicken salad, but it has yogurt in it. if sensitive to dairy, this will be an issue.

May '21

Back in HS I dated a guy that worked at the Cheeseblock (when it was next to Hahn's bakery). Haven't thought about him in years!! Thanks for the memories Greg.

RB's Deli is still in Kenvil, I've passed the place hundreds of times, but have never been inside. I will have to stop there and try it.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
May '21

Schooley's Mountain General Store has good chicken salad, as well as tuna.
Not too expensive.

Joyce Joyce
May '21

Hayek’s in Newton hands down!!

That or check out Tony’s in Mansfield

Htownlifer Htownlifer
May '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Best place for chicken and tuna salad?
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.