Great Meadows power outage 5/2021

Anybody else in Great Meadows lose power on this beautiful sunny day with no wind or rain?

Bug3
May '21

Here we go again. Loss of power due to JCP&L equipment failure. Just when things seem to be operating very well out goes the power!

Zipp
May '21

At 2:50 JCP&L sent me a folllow up text:

JCP&L:
Updated Est Restore Time: 05/02 06:30 PM

Cause: Equipment Damage
Crew Status: Additional Crews Requested

PandaPandaKoala PandaPandaKoala
May '21

4:51pm - power is back - for me at least

PandaPandaKoala PandaPandaKoala
May '21

We can expect many more this summer. It was stated to us in Kenwood section
at the other evenings failure, that it was equipment failure also......
JCPL ..... take out the cardboard and duct tape; "Time for a new pair of shoes!"

Embryodad Embryodad
May '21

And my DVR menu had just returned in full about 2 weeks ago .JCP&L will need another Hurricane Sandy to knock it's old outdated equipment halfway into the modern age .

97XBAM 97XBAM
May '21

Power out in Great Meadows tonight 7/8/21 after the latest small storm. Thank You JCP&L! Restoration time not even announced. The usual service from an incompetent JCP&L.

doss
Jul '21

doss, in case you don't know, they are very busy and get priority sections up first. I know we all get annoyed, but their employees try their best in storms and it's hard work to get to every spot and get everyone up and running.

DogDayAfternoon
Jul '21

It was only an hour and 10 minute outage where I live - not bad . What was worse was the power blipping on and off on Tuesday for about a minute like a disco celebration .That's what will kill the power supply in your electronics and why I preach double surge protect your computer and entertainment equipment .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jul '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Great Meadows power outage 5/2021
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.