Google Maps Help

I'm having trouble accessing the Google maps website from my Mac. I get this error message:

We are sorry, but you do not have access to Google Maps. Please contact your Organization Administrator for access.

Any ideas? Who the heck is the Organization Administrator of my house? LMAO

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '21

download the google map app from the apple app store

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '21

Strange. Is the Mac in any way work related/owned or is it your personal computer?

Searching for that error shows that some people are having similar issues within Google Workspace / G Suite but that’s a business app.

Could be a privacy setting in Safari (or other add on) blocking a secure connection and Google just blocks you.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Apr '21

I just started getting the same message tonight on my PC

Re: Google Maps Help

I had the same problem. Go to Settings on your mac. Click on Security & Privacy. You will now see Enable location services on the menu. To make a change click on the bottom left corner that says "Click the lock to make changes (unlock)" Then select Google Chrome from the list. Now click on the lock to make the changes permanently.

HANDE Y HANDE Y
Apr '21

4catmom - I don't have a smart phone. This is a laptop issue, so an app is useless.

I was able to access the website by using Google Chrome instead of Firefox.

Thanks.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '21

I don’t have a Mac but had the same problem and I’m an admin of our google account for work. It’s not a computer type issue. We only have 10-15 on the account. I logged in as Admin and changed to permission to allow access for all for google maps. Not sure when this changed because I didn’t change it and it was never a problem before. My guess is that it was an update that did it.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
Apr '21

It worked when I "logged out" of all my Google Accounts.

Carolyn
Apr '21

I have a HP desktop Googlemaps is working fine

Jimt1058
Apr '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Google Maps Help
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.