2021 MLB Season

Play Ball !!!!!

Too bad we can't do the annual get-together... anyone wanna Zoom? I can run MLB.tv on my computer and share my screen, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '21

Two years in a row. Sad. I can't zoom, have a new job that I'd like to keep.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '21

BoSox/O's postponed due to rain; Mets/Nats postponed due to corona... and so it begins.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '21

I thought it would be smoother going. Not the case right off the bat.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '21

Sanchez homers!

Which is higher this year for him HRs or PB + Es?

Roywhite Roywhite
Apr '21

Happy Sidd Finch Day, Metsman...

ianimal ianimal
Apr '21

Raise the Jolly Roger!!!! The Buccos are practically halfway to matching their win total from 2020, lol

ianimal ianimal
Apr '21

Watching John Means today was like watching McNally 50 years ago, except that Mac would have gone nine. Only 161 more games to go (we hope)

People compared McNally to Whitey Ford ... now they will be compared when they pitch at that magical corn field in Iowa ... may they both rest in peace.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '21

Mancini's recovery from colon cancer is a great feel-good story. Back in 1997 Eric Davis had a similar comeback in Birdland... that was a good O's year until the playoffs.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '21

I watched the whole Sox/O's game today... what I took away from it is not to fear starting any pitcher against either team in DFS or season long Fantasy Baseball. Both offenses are pretty bad (although the sample size is admittedly minuscule).

ianimal ianimal
Apr '21

The Dark Knight is pitching in Baltimore now ... hey, the guy's going to be great, the next Tom Seaver (somehow I don't think Metsman sees any humor in this post).

Will the Batman sign be shining over the harbor in the sky on the nights he pitches?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '21

Lord knows that Charm City could use a Caped Crusader... or twelve.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '21

Pretty confident that Mancini and Santander will put up numbers. Franco and Galvis hit a ton for the Lehigh Valley IronPigs a few years back ... the O's roster looks like they have been scouring the scrap heap for some players who may (they hope) make comebacks, or finally achieve "their potential."

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '21

Andy,

You can have Harvey... He was a drama queen for the Mets... Terry Collins should have pulled him in that World Series game... I like the Mets chances this year. We'll see what happens. If they're gonna keep cancelling/postponing games over Covid then this will be a long season...

Metsman Metsman
Apr '21

Wheeler pitched a gem for Philly ... where's R.A. Dickey these days? Dillon Gee?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '21

Both retired.

Metsman Metsman
Apr '21

Break up the O’s!

Roywhite Roywhite
Apr '21

A Subway Series looks to be a real possibility this season, although the Dodgers will have something to say about that.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '21

The Dodgers may be making a lot of cross country trips back and forth to New York for the playoffs and then the World Series ... lot of frequent flyer miles.

So, who will get the All Star game now? Will it be the franchise that's gone the longest time without one?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '21

As everyone in Baltimore (baseball fans anyway) was saying back in 1989 ... why not?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '21

I see DeGrom is throwing harder. Hate to say it, but should the Mets schedule the TJ surgery for July?

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '21

Jacob deGrom has already had TJ surgery , he won't be the problem . New billionaire owner with the same crappy Wilpon bullpen is what will keep them down .

https://www.mlb.com/news/top-10-tommy-john-surgery-success-stories-c295719048

97XBAM 97XBAM
Apr '21

Season(s) heatin’ up…

Sanchez demoted to back up.
2 hrs < 3 E + 0 PB

Roywhite Roywhite
Apr '21

Yanks with a no-no.
Kluber was dealin wicked breakers all nite.

6th no hitter in mlb this yr.

Roywhite Roywhite
May '21

Six no-hitter this year and May isnt over yet what a joke. I read about them wanting to move the mound back, I think they need to

Hadenough Hadenough
May '21

The league screwed the pooch by deadening the baseball and raising the seams, which gives pitchers higher spin rates on their pitches. Apparently, they wanted to reduce the number of home runs that were hit in recent years... they've done that, but the pendulum swung way too far in favor of the pitchers. Maybe as the weather warms up, it will come back the other way a little.

ianimal ianimal
May '21

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vsPs7jNHuCo

Roywhite Roywhite
May '21

Another (combo) no-no last night.

Sanchez on fire last few weeks.

13 HR > 5 E + 3 PB.
(With 26 WP)

Roywhite Roywhite
Jun '21

Der-rek Je-ter
Clap 5x
Repeat.

Roywhite Roywhite
Sep '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: 2021 MLB Season
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.