Cardiac ablation

Has anyone had cardiac ablation for SVT? If so, did it correct the condition?

Wonderful One Wonderful One
Mar '21

Nobody replied so I offer:
I had a different condition and had 2 ablations to correct it. So if your looking for peace of mind it worked great and I question why I waited a long time to get it done.

Roywhite Roywhite
Mar '21

Thank you, Roy. I've been on meds for thirty years and have worked great; now after all these years, aren't working, so ablation being recommended. After reading about the procedure, I'm reluctant at 73. Glad you had success.

Mar '21

My husband had an ablation 3 years ago for Afib. So far so good. He is back to no physical restrictions. Went to Dr Sussman in Morristown. He is a Cardiologist/Electrophysiologist amazing Doc and excellent bedside manners...wonderful practice at Atlantic Health Cardiac Associates at Morristown Medical Center.

AbbyC
Mar '21

Thank you, Abby...that's exactly where I was recommended to go.

Mar '21

I also after many years found the meds no longer working as expected. Your MD will explain all the options and the procedure, trust him. For me the first day post op is a bit uncomfortable but well worth the quality of life. Good luck.

Roywhite Roywhite
Mar '21

I had an ablation done for WPW back in 1995 when the procedure was new. I had an extra electrical passageway that had been misdiagnosed since 1982. It wasn't until I had a seizure and my heart had to be shocked 3 times to get it back into beat that it was discovered what was really wrong with me. At that time I was told if I went 5 years without an issue I was cured. I had the same practice take care of me in Morristown .Best wishes!

magpie magpie
Mar '21

I too had an ablation done for A-fib three years ago by Dr. Jonathan Sussman as well.
I have also gone to Dr. Mahoney who is also in the practice. Would highly recommend both of them.

brooke
Mar '21

Thank you Brooke. I will make the appointment and get educated on the procedure.

Mar '21

I had Cardiac Ablation done by Dr Jonathan Sussman as well. I highly recommend him. Very smart doctor and excellent bed side manner. The procedure is about 4 to 5 hours long. However, it takes about a week to recover. Kept my Afib in check for 3 years.

Joe Easty Joe Easty
Mar '21

Joe, thanks for your comment. When you said procedure was 4-5 hours, how long afterwards did you have to remain perfectly still?

Mar '21

5hrs? Mine was about 15hrs. No joke my back hurt more than anything else. I had to keep the insertion points on upper legs still but not perfectly still, you Joe?
Obviously listen to your MD before us.

Never thought or realized so many have had similar procedure

Roywhite Roywhite
Mar '21

I had an ablation done by dr Sussman also. It was 5 years ago for Afib. He’s amazing. Do not be afraid- i was able to stop my meds bc the procedure was successful. Please message me if you’d like to talk about it more. I was 35 when I had it done- life changing!

Andrea Andrea
Mar '21

Well, I did it...made appointment with Dr. Sussman for next month. At least I will go to get educated.

Mar '21

You have to stay still for a couple of hours. Not long. You will be pretty out of it, so it should not be a big deal.

Joe Easty Joe Easty
Mar '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Cardiac ablation
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.