Dr. Hewitt from Tranquility Vet

I called Tranquility Veterinary Friday to make an appointment for my cat with Dr Michelle Hewitt and was told that Friday was her last day. When I asked where she was going they would not tell me. Does anyone know if she is going to another clinic? I have been taking my pets to her for years and am so upset about this. Thanks.

BethD BethD
Jan '21

I spoke with her 2 weeks ago. She's going to another office but not sure where. Don't think will be too far. Hoping to hear from her but will also keep googling her name.

Oh no! She's the only vet I will use. I hope she will be in or near Hackettstown.

happiest girl
Jan '21

Just googled her and looks like she moved to Black River Veterinary in Chester. A little far but I will be calling tomorrow

BethD BethD
Jan '21

Has anyone used other vets at Tranquility?

Local Gal Local Gal
Jan '21

LG - I've had some pets with health problems, and have worked with just about all of their Vets at some point. Most of my experiences were with Dr. Hewitt and Dr. Krotje, both of which are great. I also had Dr. Christensen once or twice, and he was solid as well.

Route 46
Jan '21

Thanks Rte 46. According to their current web site Dr Christensen is the only name I recognize. There’s a Dr Andrea Antonelli, Dr Sarah Jones and Dr Parameshwara Rao Kirapari.

Local Gal Local Gal
Jan '21

Local Gal - I can recommend Dr Christensen & Dr Jones.

Hatcherymom
Jan '21

BethD. I use Dr. Hewitt as well but didn't see anything about Black River Vet. Please keep us informed as to the results of your findings!

Allie Allie
Jan '21

I know for a fact that the Amazing Dr. Michele Hewitt will be working at the Black River Vet in Chester. I have been using Dr. Hewitt for many many years. She is the only vet that I will take my fur babies to. I live in Panther Valley and will be taking my babies there. It's just a few minutes further than Tranquility.

Annuniz Annuniz
Jan '21

I have also been with Tranquility Vet for many years. My 12 yr old cat has been in Dr. Hewitt’s care and was seen by her on Dr.’s last day there. A second surgery is needed - I was able to schedule it at Black River Vet; just give them a call.

We personally see Dr. Christensen. He was so compassionate and willing to try everything when our first cat got sick. He offered us every avenue available to try and get her better, and he was there when we unfortunately had to put her to sleep. He never rushed us, never made us feel stupid for our questions, and truely understood the desire to do everything to save a beloved pet. Cannot recommend him enough!

Catlover
Jan '21

Oh no!!! We were just there....she has been our Vet for years......she is wonderful.

greg.exit@yahoo.com
Jan '21

4 paws up (and MY 2 thumbs) for Dr. Michelle Hewitt. She was "my only" over at Tranquility for years. Really phenomenal woman who always bent over backwards for myself and my animal family.
I would follow her to Black River in a heartbeat.
Love to you, Doctor.

Angela Angela
Jan '21

I can recommend Dr. Christensen wholeheartedly. Pretty much I echo what others have already said about him. I think if you give him a chance you won't regret it!

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Jan '21

I'm gonna miss you, Michelle Hewitt. Amazing she was always so great

marc p franco marc p franco
Jan '21

Used TV over 25 years. I can recommend Dr, Christensen. Sorry to hear about Dr. Hewit.

Mary-Ellen Flynn Mary-Ellen Flynn
Jan '21

It was my understanding, from speaking with Dr. Hewitt, that 3 vets left. Dr. Hewitt, Dr. Krotje and not sure of the other one, unless it was a technician. But she said 3 of us are leaving.

Dr. Hewitt had been there 23 years, Dr. Krotje was there over 30 years - so I would be curious to find out WHY they left after all these years? There was also a new manager replacing the previous one, just a few months ago. And, when I asked if she could recommend someone still at Tranquility - she said Dr. Krotje which our cat had seen in the beginning, to which she said, BUT, her last day is Thursday. (This was a week ago), That is the ONLY vet she could recommend and Dr. Christensen is a co-owner btw.

Resident101 Resident101
Jan '21

Dr. Christensen has been wonderful for all of our pets.. caring and competent, he's wonderful.

rleaf rleaf
Jan '21

I really enjoyed meeting Dr. Hewitt as we recently switched to Tranquility this past year. The first time she saw my dog she was so nice , compassionate and made me think how happy I was we found a vet who seems to really care. I’ve gone many t times since with our older dog and usually last minute which is why I assumed we always had a different vet. Everyone has been nice but no one seems as involved or compassionate as Dr. Hewitt. She is personable and made me feel like I could ask anything. She even emailed me to check in on our dog which really meant a lot. Sorry to see her go

Christen Christen
Jan '21

She moved to Black River Veterinary Hospital in Chester. I love her too and am transferring my records there.

Karen Lynch Karen Lynch
Jan '21

Upon making an appointment today for my dog .. we’ve now been working with Dr, Jones but was told her last day will be Friday. What a shame!

Christen Christen
Jan '21

Dr Jones is leaving too?? Geesh, we’ve seen pretty much all the docs there, but Hewitt and Jones were our favorites.

Greenmom Greenmom
Jan '21

There have been many changes at Tranquility. They have lost so many good people. We have switched and are following Dr. Hewitt to Black River. She is a tremendous Vet. She was instrumental in saving our dog's life several years ago and we will never forget that. She is such a loving and caring individual and Vet. Frank F.

Frank Feci Frank Feci
Jan '21

Transferred several of our cats to Tranquility a few months ago after our prior vet clinic went corporate (VCA) and the vets all left. I really liked Dr. Jones. Does anyone know where she's going?

Michele Masone Michele Masone
Feb '21

I remember Dr. Christensen when my boys went to the Boys Scout. He's a friendly and caring person (to the least to say) as I last spoke to him when my pet had to move on.
I'm happy since I moved in this area to have an equipped Vet with such professional and compassionate doctors. Particularly a treasure meeting and later in need of Dr. Christensen's services.

aol123@aol.com aol123@aol.com
Feb '21

My family has been with Tranquility Vet since 1998, and have had nothing but great experiences with all of the vets. Through the years, we've often worked with Dr. Hewitt, and trusted, respected and truly appreciated her care of our pets, through good times and bad. We will certainly miss her, but am confident in the remaining vets there. Dr. Christiansen has been beyond phenomenal throughout the years, and is truly one of the most compassionate people I have ever met. My plan, and one I would suggest, is continue to give them a chance. Dr. Hewitt will surely be missed, but there is full staffing filled with individuals that love pets and want to continue to support our community. Give them time, they've done nothing to warrant running from them.

TownFriend TownFriend
Feb '21

I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Jones. As far as I know she is going out on maternity leave, not leaving the practice. Dr. Christensen has been great and we have to give the new people s chance.

Long Time Customer Long Time Customer
Feb '21

I have followed Dr. Hewitt to Black River Vet Hospital. There she is able to come to your car to talk with you and get your pet - and then to return your pet and talk again........
I was surprised to hear that my pets' records, requested over a week ago, had not arrived...

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '21

I will never complain about the care my animals received from TVC, but once they were purchased by VPP the atmosphere began to change. First the telephone auto attendant, next the vet tech leading you into the exam room, than calling one day after being a client for 30 years and hearing I would need to take my pet to another facility as they were booked for the day and finally not having my records transferred to Black River and learning others who requested a record change were confronted with the same issue. Let an insider share the reasons for the exodus—

AnnaS AnnaS
Feb '21

I am a former employee of Tranquility. Things are different now because they are owned by corporate. Dr. Hewitt is at Black River in Chester. She is worth the ride. She is one of the top docs around. She goes above and beyond for her patients and clients and she knows her stuff. I take the ride myself because she's worth it.

BassetMaMa BassetMaMa
Feb '21

BassetMaMa - wondering if I call and say I'm coming to pick up my records, whether I'll get them - I'm one who called and mine were not sent..........

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '21

4catmom - they are overwhelmed there and short staffed. There are so many records to be sent and it's very time consuming. If you say you have an appointment, they can put you on the top of the list.

BassetMaMa BassetMaMa
Feb '21

The wait times at Tranquility Vet are really outrageous. No in person visits either where you can interact with the vet and explain or physically show something wrong with your pet - which is ridiculous in itself. But then to show up at a specific time - even was told our pet would be the FIRST appointment at 7:45 am and, like an idiot, we are there - waiting (while the office still has the answering machine on) - for about 25 minutes before someone comes out to get her. And, recently had a scheduled time to pickup our pet and pull into an overcrowded parking lot with no spaces available and wait an HOUR to get our pet. This is not a one-off thing - this has been happening on every visit.

Not to mention the price increases.

Now that I realize its owned by VPP, which likes to gobble up vet clinics, whose only goal is PROFIT, I think I may just transfer to Black River and Hewitt unless they plan to sell out to VPP too.

Resident101 Resident101
Feb '21

Tranquility Vet is not the same since being taken over by corporate co, VPP, as is evidenced by some comments by former employees who dealt with the change of ownership. Just went to Black River to see Dr. Hewitt. For special reasons, she met us by our car. She spent as much time with us as needed during our visit. They were so busy but were so efficient and appointments were on time. Vet techs just kept coming out to the designated parking spaces to pick up the pets. The owner (a Vet) was returning several pets back to the cars. They have 17 designated parking spaces. We are so committed to Dr. Hewitt that we were going wherever she ended up and she landed in a great place.

Frank Feci Frank Feci
Feb '21

Right there with you Frank Feci. She came to our car - talked about the kitties, took them - returned to again talk about them............now if I can just get the records to Black River.....

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '21

It is my understanding that Dr Christianson is now 50 % owner of TVC. info comes directly from VPP. I believe VPP has a goal for a practice to bring in as many “new” clients as possible. Too bad one can’t post comments on TVC’s Facebook page, but that is controlled by VPP. I doubt TVC will ever return to the good old days. Happens often with corporate take overs.

AnnaS AnnaS
Feb '21

AnnaS - Dr. C is not 50% owner. He owns a very, very little percentage. Yep, sucks when corporate takes over. It will never be the same. I'm a former employee.

BassetMaMa BassetMaMa
Mar '21

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is VPP?

Mr 4paws Mr 4paws
Mar '21

VPP is a nationwide conglomerate. 68 hospitals in 20 states and counting...........
Big Brother...........

Jim KIng
Mar '21

https://www.vetpartners.com/

I guess this is VPP

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Dr. Hewitt from Tranquility Vet
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.