Venting 2021

So this year's rant.. I live in a condo and a neighbor has a gas grill on the second floor deck. These are illegal. I sent letters to the office and was told they called the resident and that was all they could do. When I moved in someone here yelled at me and sent me a copy of the "book of rules". Apparently gas grill tanks explode and can cause a fire. Welcome 2021..

Mmadone Mmadone
Jan '21

An H-town Life rant thread is my rant. Real ranters ron’t rant rere, Reggie :-(

Be great to really speak our minds, or lack thereof.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Jan '21

Propane anywhere within 5 feet of structure -including decks is against state fire codes -
do what you need to so this can be enforced - in multifamily dwellings

4catmom 4catmom
Jan '21

eh.....on propane ---- it depends....fyi --- 125 is bigger than those vertical tubes, it's a fat-boy vertical. Thank goodness since many of us propane bbq close to home....

Tanks under 125 gallons water capacity:
must be at least 10 feet from a window air conditioner
must be placed a minimum of 5 feet from a crawl space opening

Tanks 125-500 gallons water capacity:
must be placed a minimum of 10 feet from a building
must be at least 10 feet from a line of adjoining property

Tanks up to 2000 gallons water capacity:
must be placed a minimum of 25 feet from the building
no part of an underground tank of this size shall be less than 10 feet from a building or line of adjoining property

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Jan '21

Natural gas or electric grills are the only ones permitted on condo decks.
If association will not respond, contact the County Fire Marshall’s office. They’ll happily write a violation.
I believe it is $350 for a violation.

Stymie Stymie
Jan '21

I am real confuse. Can anyone make sense of this?

https://www.njcondoblog.com/insight/5-feet-or-10-feet-which-is-it-the-confusion-within-the-nj-fire-code-regarding-portable-propane-bbq-grills/

Jan '21

strangerdanger

Lawyerspeak, all the way on that blog, blah, blah blah, blah, blah blah blah.
Got bored about halfway through and saying get to the blanking point without the sidebars and clicked it off.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jan '21

Mmadone- contact someone on the Board and INSIST that they have the Mgt. Co. send out a warning. Don’t let them blow you off.
Squeaky wheel.
County Fire Marshal would LOVE to write a violation.
Had similar problem.
If in Warren County, depending on the Twp.,
Town won’t handle it they just do smoke
certifications.
They’ll refer you to the County.
And they take their job VERY seriously.

Stymie Stymie
Jan '21

Gee Phil, given your precision, figured that would be roght up your alley.

I have a cement floor open porch with roof with cathedral ceiling roof n wall more than 5 ft away. I’m sticking with the bbq there.

My 100lb range/generator tank is next to house and has been through umpteen inspections.

Like I said, very confusing.

Jan '21

Anybody else?....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.popsugar.com/family/milan-marie-singing-videos-48124423/amp

Roywhite Roywhite
January 28th

Stranger- 1,000 gal
House, condo or townhome?

100 lb. for stove and generator.

January 28th

Just fyi
End of month. A lot of cops out and about, speed traps, on patrol, etc.

Roywhite Roywhite
January 29th

C'mon! Two property owners that refuse to clear the snow from their sidewalks. 14 Mitchell on the corner of Shelley and Mitchell. 2 Seymour Terrace on the corner of Mitchell and Seymour. These property's connect making the entire block from Seymour Terrace to Shelley Drive a walking disaster! Both walks were only cleared after the large storm but NOTHING since. The last 4 snow events the sidewalks have been completely ignored by both property owners for some inexcusable reason.

This has created a very unsafe, dangerous situation. Not to mention a violation of law. It is also quite simply a clear message of having zero respect for neighbors.

Both parties are physically well equipped to clear the walkway as has typically been the norm for years.

Disgraceful and unacceptable.

Greg

Oh yeah, you mean the place with essentially zero line of sight in that direction when you're making a turn off of Mitchell also.

I've also seen that a lot of people still don't know that parking, when it's allowed, is only on the even house numbers side of the street. That goes for all around town.

Where is the police of the town?

People who go on vacation in the middle of a pandemic are _________.

perhaps people needing a vacation? Really depends on what you do and how you do it. However, it appears that Mexican cruise's are really out of style proving once again that you just can't keep immediately doing exactly what your kids tell you to do. They're kids.

February 19th

I know a lot of people going to Florida, Disney to be precise. People just don't care anymore. Once things started opening, people took it as the pandemic was over.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
February 19th

I hope the false assumption that the pandemic is over goes away - unless and until the virus is really gone.................a lot of unwise behavior out there

Like I said earlier, try to stop people in June is going to be virtually impossible...

Bothered , yup. I saw someone on Facebook that kept taking her kids all over to swim and having fun posting pics of groups - They now all have Covid. It's not over. People are getting too lacking now with protection, but were scared to death a year ago.

DogDayAfternoon
February 19th

My wife and I went on our honeymoon to Mexico back in September. It was very relaxed and enjoyable

The pandemic is far from over. Vacation at your own risk but remember there are others to consider if you use unsafe behavior. Our nation has performed worse than a bunch of toddlers regarding safe behavior and thinking of others.

For reals For reals
February 19th

+1 that.

February 19th

-1000 to that

Philliesman Philliesman
February 20th

If teachers are able to go out and buy their own groceries and go out to Walmart and target they can certainly go to school to teach kids in school. It's time to open the schools 5 days a week.

Open the schools and dock the pay of any teacher who doesn't show up.

It's time.

lonelyvoice
February 20th

We went on several vacations last year in the middle of the pandemic. We were in our RV and felt very safe. We’re completely self-contained and didn’t need to use any public facilities (restaurants, bathrooms, showers). We were isolated at the campsites and enjoyed the great outdoors hiking and relaxing. We plan on doing the same this year.....once the snow melts!

FarmerJake FarmerJake
February 20th

Forcing people to go to work in a pandemic without vaccines is unchristian.

Friendly Mc face Friendly Mc face
February 20th

"unchristian" REally?!

Walking Girl Walking Girl
February 20th

Hahahaha!!!!!!

Philliesman Philliesman
February 20th

Let’s attack a whole profession because we all are walking in their shoes, right? Classrooms are confined spaces whereas big box stores are not. And we are off to the races.

For reals For reals
February 20th

Open the U.S.A.

The kids are victims. Sheltered, bored, scared, confused, lonely. Not good.

I thought it was Chicago where the union doesn't want to open schools. I don't recall that happening here. Did I miss something? I think teachers want to go back to the classrooms.

I don't think it's unreasonable to prioritize vaccinating teachers. Open the schools. Open the country. Live your life.

Jim KIng
February 20th

Teachers I spoke to do want to go back as long as it’s safe. To trash them as lazy and enjoying working from home while homeschooling their own kids and managing family issues is just narrow-minded.

And kids want to go back, too! As long as it’s safe.

For reals For reals
February 20th

When I was young and of school age we were registering for the draft, watching the numbers being drawn on TV and getting shipped out.
JUST SUCK IT UP.
Closer to the end than to the beginning.

Hey Hunter's Brook residents...Shovel your sidewalks!

Disappointed that Sonny's wings are the size of a canary and you get nine. My little can eat that all by himself with the tiny size of them. LOL. I've never seen 'wings' that little, even Bette Midler's. (bad joke)

DogDayAfternoon
February 22nd

DDA- I damn near spit out my coffee on the canary wing line! LOL. On the flip side Marley's serves wings from seemingly Big Bird!.

Ugh! Snowing again!!! Please don't stick. I'm so sick of shoveling

Calico696 Calico696
February 22nd

DDA- Maybe they did a lot of flying. LOL

Oh Calico. I hear you & I agree.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
February 22nd

Greg, good to know. I'm sure they'd rather be full after eating wings rather than checking the bird cage for an escapee. ;)

DogDayAfternoon
February 22nd

How many DFU's can you put on a 2"vent ??

Here you go!

https://up.codes/s/vent-pipe-sizing

@Greg, very good!!
Just trying to have a little fun!!

I can't believe I'm living in a world that is reassigning the gender of a plastic potato....

Yea, Greg sad isn't it? I remember the sixties, they were fun. Just didn't realize what was coming.

Greg, LOL. The potato also has interchangeable parts, so it's even funnier. Just put the stache on 'Mrs.' Potato Head, I guess. It's laughable. How far are we going with this stuff?

DogDayAfternoon
February 27th

Until something is done to stop this nonsense it will continue to happen. RIP Mr. Potato Head.

What nonsense? They changed the brand to Potato Head. Gender neutral brand. Big deal. It's not British Petroleum either, it's BP. You can still buy by gender getting a Potato Head, named Mister Potato Head right on the box or a Potato Head, named Mrs. Potato Head right on the box too. Family sets will be gender neutral and show male/male, female/female right on the cover. Kids can use their imagination and be gender unrestricted. Can even invent a feminine potato head with a mustache like my Aunt Edna. Cool.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90607931/the-iconic-mr-potato-head-gets-a-21st-century-rebrand

What I am still upset about is the fake plastic potato body moving kids away from torturing vegetables. Where's the fun in fake plastic. We knew the joys of jabbing live root stock in the 50's. Why, I had to put on heavy clothes, grab my shovel, and dig up my own bodies in order to play Mr. Potato head when I was young. We learned the joys of having to kill in order to play back then when we did the things needing to be done to do it right :>)

February 27th

And WW just doesn’t cut it for Weight Watchers, nor Dunkin without the donuts! Next up: Bucks for Starbucks because it’s that overpriced! Wa for WaWa! Let’s have some fun here!

For reals For reals
February 27th

LOL, For reals. Saying WW takes twice as long as saying Weight Watchers, right? I think maybe they pay by the letter for advertising. LOL. Or Oprah had something to do with it since she owns a stake in it. Didn't like her as a spokesperson though, because she never seemed to lose weight.

DogDayAfternoon
February 27th

@DogDayAfternoon. Not a fan of Oprah at all. Respect her life story but it ends there. Another thread perhaps. Gotta get my "Dunkin" and then register at WW. LOL

For reals For reals
February 28th

LOL - For reals.

Just looking at an ad in classifieds for almost a 100 bucks a day for a doggy workout? I'm in the wrong business.

DogDayAfternoon
February 28th

Not for nothing, but that ad for a job at RDJ could scare off anyone. It might as well say 'Do it all Monday through Friday. Weekends'. I sure hope the main woman isn't gone. Her name escapes me, but very efficient and friendly. That ad is way too much to list for that little place. You can get hired at Microsoft with a smaller ad. ;)

DogDayAfternoon
March 9th

If cupboard is pronounced "cubbard" and clapboard is pronounced "clabbard", why isn't clipboard pronounced "clibbard"?

Why do you drive on a parkway and park in a driveway?

Rob Durana Rob Durana
2 weeks ago

Wish this was a country that you could get antibiotics over the counter and eliminate doc appointments that you know you don't need.

LookingLocallyfor LookingLocallyfor
2 weeks ago

There is no one antibiotic that is effective against all diseases. How would you know which one to buy and if it for sale or know what your specific issue is or it's needs? I don't think the doctor visit is onerous in time or trouble if it gets me the best solution for my issue.

MK

Absolutely correct and not only that, but most people just ask the doc for an antibiotic to kill the bug and get it over with. Overprescription due to patient insistence on them as well as some doctors just "throwing" an antibiotic at it when it wasn't indicated (or to shut up an overly insistent patient, has led to new "superbugs" which are resistant to all but the strongest antibiotics.

antibio, Theres a possible allergic reaction to some as well. Are they otc in other counties.

Roywhite Roywhite
2 weeks ago

This is offensive /s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hekDuCBxCc

callitlikeIseeit callitlikeIseeit
1 week ago

OMG it was a skit on SNL - what did you expect?

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
7 days ago

That’s hilarious! LOL

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
7 days ago

as a boomer- pretty damn funny

4catmom 4catmom
7 days ago

Edith Puthy, lol...

ianimal ianimal
7 days ago

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Venting 2021
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.