Black cat sighting

If anyone is missing a black cat I have seen one twice this week on E Prospect and sixth street. Looks to be just about full grown and kinda fluffy.

Pumpkin43 Pumpkin43
Jan '21

Re: Black cat sighting

If it’s this one I have been feeding it since October.. I’ve been posting on Hackettstown Forum hoping it has an owner.

Funcats Funcats
Jan '21

This cat has been hanging around our neighborhood since at least last summer. Not sure if he is a stray.

colette colette
Jan '21

Funcats, that does look like him. I hope he has some kind of shelter for the winter.

Pumpkin43 Pumpkin43
Jan '21

I have a shelter set up for him.. a tote filled with blankets and straw it’s under my table which is covered with a tarp.

Funcats Funcats
Jan '21

Funcats, so kind of you to put out a shelter but just keep it filled with straw. Blankets stay wet.

worried worried
Jan '21

Worried.. I have 2 light blankets with straw in the tote which is all closed up I put a large amount of straw also under the table for him/her to keep dry while it eats

Funcats Funcats
Jan '21

So now I have this cat in my house trying to give it shelter and a good life I need to bring iit to a vet..I certainly am not made of money.. If anyone is willing to help with a vet bill I can give this cat a good home.

Funcats Funcats
Jan '21

Hackettstown animal hospital isn't too expensive for the initial visit and they're good people. Just call and ask. It's the shots and stuff that start adding up but there's free clinics and stuff for things like that or even certificates you can get online. Can you tell if it's been neutered? I'd love to help but things are tight atm

Person23 Person23
Jan '21

Funcats,

Contact St. Hubert's in Ledgewood (or Netcong) and tell them you found a stray cat. Ask them if they are connected to any vet's office that can give you a discount to examine the cat, etc., and you will decide to keep the cat.

i know some vets are connected to very inexpensive spaying and neutering, etc.

Hackresident Hackresident
Feb '21

Funcats, email me via the link here. I can maybe help.

worried worried
Feb '21

Thank you for advice on the Animal Hospital and St. Huberts.. I will contact them.

Funcats Funcats
Feb '21

PUMPKIN, I know someone who lived in Stanhope but moved to Ledgewood, and lost their cat in early Dec. Perhaps it tried to hike back via 6th sense and found it's way to Htown. Maybe not the FUNCATS cat. This one is declawed .
I will check out the Prospect and 6th street area. Thanks.

Bert
Feb '21

Hey, ya never know....i will keep my eyes open as well

Pumpkin43 Pumpkin43
Feb '21

The cat I have is not declawed.

Funcats Funcats
Feb '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.