Low Cost Dental Insurance to cover dentures for Seniors

Does anyone know of any dental insurance coverage for low income Seniors over 65 that would include dentures or implants? Any local dentists who would take this type of insurance?

Wendy Wendy
Dec '20

Take vacation and go to Mexico for cheap dental work.

callitlikeIseeit callitlikeIseeit
Dec '20

Just keep in mind, most plans have a 1 yr waiting period on major work like crowns/dentures/implants. Most plans also have a yearly max they will pay out which you can definitely hit with work like that.

Check out Delta Dental. Not the cheapest but see if it will cover your needs. Implants take nearly a year from start to finish.

tmb6123 tmb6123
Dec '20

There is a discount program called Aetna Open Access... You can check it out on line. If you elect to join, it saves you $$ on most procedures. Totally depends on the procedure. It's worth it if you have nothing.

Mmadone Mmadone
Dec '20

I use MetLife Takealong Denist; $47 a month, covers about 80% most things, some free checkups and cleanings per year. Same price as when I had the corporate version.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Dec '20

I have Aetna Dental Access too. Cost me about $120.00 annual bill, but I saved $750.00 on my dental visits and a crown last February. They have a list of dentists that participate in their plan and I went to Dr. Liebes in H'town. I haven't been since the COVID started, so I don't know if he is still in the plan. You can check it out on-line.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Dec '20

Here's an older thread with some more suggestions . Good luck !

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/864408#t864432

97XBAM 97XBAM
Dec '20

Try the dental school in Newark. They have a clinic there. NORWESCAP dental clinic in Hackettstown may help as well

I believe Rutgers also has a Dental School.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Dec '20

The dental school in Newark is Rutgers .Went to them for one year and four months after it took 2 and a half months just to get the initial appointment in 2015 .They did an estimated 6K of dental work for slightly less than 2K , but if you are on Medicaid everything is paid in full by Medicaid - seemingly a good deal until you realize your income has to be poverty level , so not so good . With the pandemic I would forego them anyway since the waiting list is probably double or triple the wait combined with the two week school shutdowns in winter and summer . And I lucked out with an experienced dentist from Canada looking to get U.S. certified , you might end up with some no-nothing rookie right out of high school .

I would start with the one year dental discount plan from Aetna or comparable and apply for a Care Credit card which allows as much as 18 months interest free payback . Once again good luck !

https://sdm.rutgers.edu/patients/directions.html

97XBAM 97XBAM
Dec '20

Local dentist West Morris Dental, 908-979-9779, sent this email today. Passing it along for those that may not have dental insurance.

"We are now offering our Smile and Save Membership plan for patients without dental coverage.

Members receive their recommended two annual comprehensive checkups, cleanings, and necessary x-rays for free with their paid membership. Members also receive 15% off most dental services. The yearly fee for an adult is $349 and $299 for children 13 and younger. That's a savings of $211 for an adult and $234 for a child's annual preventative care. There are no maximums, deductibles, or waiting periods.

Please call the office if you or someone you know would like more information about our SMILE and SAVE program. Our team is happy to give you all the details."

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
May '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Low Cost Dental Insurance to cover dentures for Seniors
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.