Verizon 5g in Hackettstown

Can anybody get a 5g signal on a Verizon cell phone in Hackettstown...5g works great in Mount Olive and Belvedere

Bug3
Nov '20

If you look at the coverage map, there are gaps in coverage that are being filled in almost daily as the light each cell up. 6 weeks ago there was nothing for 5g in Warren county.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Dec '20

A link to the coverage map

https://www.verizon.com/coverage-map/

maja2 maja2
Dec '20

The map shows hackettstown has 5g..thus the question

Bug3
Dec '20

If you zoom in on the map you will see some of Hackettstown does and some does not.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Dec '20

why would anyone want 5G do some research- the further away 5G is the better for everyone.

humanonearth humanonearth
Dec '20

I am in what is supposed to be 5g..but alas

Bug3
Dec '20

@Humanonearth, why?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Dec '20

Wait, 5G in Hackettstown? Where is my aluminum hat? The radiation will kill me if I don't do something about it. Even seeing all the disproving evidence about cell phone usage there are still people who believe the evils of 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G and satellite dishes. Next thing you will tell me is the national election was rigged but only in certain states and not everywhere.

I have yet to see it even though Verizon’s map says it should be available. I see it going towards Washington on 57, going towards Mount Olive on 46, and heading towards 80 near Mattars on 517. But nowhere in town. The service in LTE isn’t even great in oak hill.

You guys are getting fixed cellular 5g mixed up with cell phone 5g...the fixed cellular has the antenna on the telephone pole in front of your house...alot of places coming before hackettstown gets it in 2060

Bug3
Dec '20

Bug3, there is no difference. The antenna in front of a house still has to connect to a 5G tower reasonably close for it to work. The antenna in front of a house is just a local pass through to the 5G cellular network not a separate and distinct network.

Here's a good site to keep you up to date on Verizon and other carriers expanding to 5G:

https://www.telecompetitor.com/tag/5g/

See its other topic tabs on:
Mobile
Rural Broadband
& etc.

aol123@aol.com aol123@aol.com
Dec '20

Mk

No it doesn't
The antenna in front of the house connects via fiber to the central office...basically its going to be wireless fios ( like public wifi)...the 5g cell phone service is a completly different network..still the cell towers have to connect to the verizon central office...all carriers

Bug3
Dec '20

Humanonearth....hahaha thanks for the laugh. Curious, what are your thoughts on windmills?

englishe30 englishe30
Dec '20

I would be happy with any bit of service at my house, let alone 5g. Can't believe cell serivce issues are still a thing.

englishe30 englishe30
Dec '20

Bug3, Hackettstown doesn't have fiber yet. Are they running a special line just for that? Not likely.

Fiber to the home does not exist but there is fiber in Hackettstown. Every single one of those cell towers has fiber running to it.

PaulyWalnutz PaulyWalnutz
Dec '20

Mk
Hacketrstown has plenty of fiber...just not fios to the home...basically 5g cell service is the same as 4glte..just a different icon...

Bug3
Dec '20

Bug3, if you need fiber from your house to a central office for your 5G you are SOL in Hackettstown as there is no fiber running to homes

MK
No kidding
They have to install it..along with antennas on telephone poles...should be here around 2060 or so

Bug3
Dec '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.