Boxing Fans- Two Geezers Get It On Tonight

I'm watching the undercard now. Intrigued to see two of the greats- "Iron" Mike Tyson Vs Roy "Captain Hook" Jones Jr. At 54 for Mike and 51 for Roy the bout should be interesting.

The jokes write themselves with a fight of this nature.

Who will win? Depends...

I'll let myself out...

Greg

Are they both bald guys with head tattoos (I know Tyson has facial ones, not sure about top of the head), or both meet one or the other of the definitions listed in the Urban dictionary? The 1st of which, I don't think they'd be slobs, since they both have abs and I don't think they both live in an apartment with a number followed by a letter! The 2nd definition I wouldn't know, and isn't my business, LOL.

...or did you mean Geezers, rather than Geisers;-)

Personally, Tyson is one of the only people to put out the legendary "Butterbean", which was no small feat. As long as he doesn't use ears in his training, maybe he can stifle the urge to sample Jones' during the match...

Phil D. Phil D.
Nov '20

LOL. No not a lot of hair in the ring... Iron Mike showed he still has it.

I never looked at the title after I posted. I spoke the text. Usually I or the wizard in the computer catch wrong or misspelled words.

and SNOOP! That was the best part!

icicle icicle
Nov '20

Greg

Just the fact that two "older" guys could get out there and last 8 (shorter) rounds was interesting enough for an exhibition bout. At least Tyson said he could have and should have done better and vowed to return again. Snoop kinda said it best "This $hit look like two my Uncles getting it on at the BBQ";-)

Gotta love the voice to speech capability on the phone. One of my friends uses it and more than half the time the results are pretty funny and sometimes nearly undecipherable.

Phil D. Phil D.
Nov '20

LOL Snoop was fun to hear for sure. That Uncles comment was very funny.

I agree two guys at that age doing what they did was quire a feat. I will say Roy Jones was really gassed at the end.

Its funny speaking of old I have an longtime friend who wanted to reignite a band he was in from the early 1980's. I would tease him saying he should name the band the Wheezing Geezers! I made labels and stuck them to his amp and guitar case. LOL. He didn't like that name for some reason!!

Greg,

Maybe instead of "Wheezing Geezers", you should have suggested "Geezing Wheezers";-D

If they still have the skills, then I'd have sid have fun and go for it! I mean, one of the two bands that played at my Senior Prom in '75 ended up with an Epic contract and had some Billboard action. They formed in '69, and still play at least some of the Mid-Atlantic Coastal circuit! That puts them pretty much in their 70's and still having fun to crowds that enjoy them! I'd love to see them live again some day, just like I'm sure many Tyson and Jones fans wanted to see them in action again.

Phil D. Phil D.
Nov '20

All in all it was an entertaining fight. I know a lot of people complaining that Roy was holding the whole fight but he was obviously in inferior shape to Tyson and, had he not held, it would have been ugly. Someone forgot to tell Tyson it was an “exhibition” but luckily the ref knew and allowed more holding than they normally would. I was afraid Roy was going to hurt. Luckily both men exited the ring with what they came in with physically. Can’t say the same for Nate Robinson.

Consigliere
Nov '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.