Have you seen Frank?

I'm a H'town resident and if you are also, you may know Frank. Frank is the older gentleman who drives the red-ish, Ranger pickup truck with the yellow wheels. Frank has traversed the town for quite some time picking up old scrap metals from your curbside for recycling.
I have not seen him for a month or more and wonder if anyone knows how he is doing? Thanks!

The last I spoke with him, about a month ago, he shared with me he was not well. His truck was also acting up again keeping him grounded. I have not seen him either...

Gosh. This makes me sad. I don't know Frank but how interesting that you two do and have concerns. Very nice. Sad, but heart warming.

mattnyd mattnyd
Nov '20

Please let’s find him. I don’t know him either but I am hoping for the best.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Nov '20

I should add he said he was considering trading in his truck for a car essentially ending his hobby of collecting scrap for folks. I always enjoyed chatting with him.

I just checked with one of Frank's neighbors, and apparently he had a stroke a couple weeks ago. He is recovering at a nearby facility. The neighbor keeps regular tabs with one of his relatives. As he lives near me, I first checked the parking lot where he lives, and when I saw his truck, I asked about him.

Hi,

Thanks for this information on Frank. So glad to hear he is hanging in. Let's hope and pray he gets back on his feet.

I know Frank pretty well. I bought some chairs off of him and his truck when I still lived in town. Im glad to see this post because I saw him a couple of months ago at the post office and we chatted for awhile. He was kind of quiet but I was happy to see him. Thanks for the information about him. He's a nice man. If anyone has an address, please share. I would send him a card.

Angela Angela
Nov '20

It looks to me like Frank's apartment curtains are down so I'm not feeling good about him coming home unless someone knows different. I wish I could stop by and visit with him or send a note to let him know he is missed.

I'm sure he knows he has friends and acquaintances thinking of him. As I said the last I spoke with him he shared what was going on. Respecting his privacy, I will say it was not the best of news. Lovely guy.

I spoke to Frank's sister and nephew a couple weeks ago as they were removing his furniture from his apartment. He is recovering from a stroke, and is in good spirits, however he can no longer live alone, so he will be residing at a care facility. They were very appreciative of everyone's concern for him. I also saw his truck being towed away earlier this week. I hope this will ease the minds of the kind people who are wondering about him.

Thanks, Paul. Thanks very much for the update. I really liked Frank, as you know, as he was my "buddy". Glad to here that he's in good spirits and recuperating. Blessings to you.

Angela Angela
Dec '20

Awe so sad he would stop ate our house and take all the junk my husband had. Good bless him sending prayers

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.