Dental Care During Pandemic

I have been dealing with a toothache/gum ache for a while now, but due to my age, I've put off seeing a dentist during this pandemic. Does anyone have any experience or advice right now?

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Nov '20

No worries.
Call and make an appointment.
They have new protocol in place to insure a safe visit.

Stymie Stymie
Nov '20

Agreed, the dentists are extremely aware of the issues and do a great job. They always were one of the strongest believes in PPE to begin with.

Don't put dental care off. If you need to go, just do it.

I would totally do it. I was skeptical, too but when I got to the office I felt safe by their protocols. You might want to call your dentist for extra assurance. Also, have not heard of anyone getting covid from the dentist or doctor. Good luck.

For reals For reals
Nov '20

I waited myself as long as I could to get a broken tooth pulled and one added on to my partial denture . You wear a mask and they take your temperature upon arriving - other than that it's just business as usual with PPE added .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Nov '20

Thanks everybody. You have put my mind at ease (a bit, lol). I'm not fond of going to the dentist in normal times. Lifetime fear.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Nov '20

A couple adders....

Check with your dentist on their protocols and any new equipment in place. Should suffice and will make you feel better.

Try for first appointment if being more cautious.

Once this wave hits the beach, I’m going in and obviously am very cautious and agree with all said here. My guy has put a lot of new protocols in place.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Nov '20

Had all my dental problems caused by a bad dentist (and myself by using hard bristle brushes by literally brushing the enamel off my teeth) taken care of at the Rutgers Dental Center in Newark over an 18 month period at a fraction of the cost . Luckily I got an experienced Canadian dentist studying for his U.S. licence .

Now I floss before brushing and use an Oral B battery powered toothbrush with soft round brushes which really get the plaque below the gums - the brushes are expensive in stores , but much cheaper on ebay if you order way ahead of time allowing for a 6-8 week delivery . I brush twice a day with Sensodyne restoring toothpaste and rinse once a day with ACT restoring mouthwash . Dental hygienist told me to keep on doing what you're doing . I wish I knew all this 30 years ago .

https://www.amazon.com/Braun-Braun-Oral-Advance-Power-Toothbrush/dp/B0036TH5VO/ref=psdc_3778351_t1_B004EFXO28

97XBAM 97XBAM
Nov '20

On the plus side 97XBAM, those Sensodyne toothpaste tubes are manufactured just down the road in Washington.

No problem going to the dentist. Trust me, they don't want the virus either, and are very careful!

maja2 maja2
Nov '20

In the words of a former president, "I feel your pain".

I'm not sure if you are looking for a dentist or if you have one already but recently; I went to Dr. Deehan In Hackettstown and was impressed with the care they took during this virus.

God bless you and put your trust in Him.

I too would see no issue going to the dentist at this point. Remember ignore your teeth and they'll go away! LOL

Who is the dentist? Stranger Danger ?

If you get desperate, there is always the string tied to a door handle and tied to an annoying tooth. Slam the door and the tooth will pop out. It's free and safe. I read yesterday that one of the many side effects of the Covid is teeth that are falling out. We have to be patient until the vaccine is ready. January 21st will be here soon and today is black Friday.

Robert J Rowe Robert J Rowe
Nov '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.