Diner

Ok, my husband and I and many of her friends who grow up in this area are trying to figure out the timeline of the diner on East Avenue and Fr..46. It started as Bonanza, I know it’s some point it was Stardust diner and definitely the blue mist diner. But I know I’m missing a different name in between somewhere? Can somebody verify the timeline of that diner?

Kelleo22 Kelleo22
Nov '20

I think it was 4 Oaks at one time.

thehazguy thehazguy
Nov '20

Way back when it was a nursery,

Sport
Nov '20

Re: Diner

Here's the nursery.

wondering wondering
Nov '20

Oh WOW!! That is awesome!! I remember Bonanza, and definitely Stardust as well as the Blue Mist. I just know it was something before Blue Mist...

kelleo22 kelleo22
Nov '20

Thanks for posting that picture. Fascinating how places change over time.

Hopeful Hopeful
Nov '20

Right Hazeguy.
Four Oaks was the name back in the 70's. I fought the fire that destroyed it. I can't recall what year. I thing Bonanza was after it was rebuilt.

There used to be an Italian Restaurant there back in the 80's, but I don't remember the name

what was the name of that night club back in the early 80's in h-town?

Jimmy Jamm Jimmy Jamm
Mar '21

The Nook.

The Nook a great place back then.

I'm fairly sure that the nursery was owned and run by Ed Chesney...fairly sure, that is...

New2this New2this
Mar '21

At one time, I think there was a Robert Hall clothing store there.

I don't think it was ever the Nook. If I remember correctly, the Nook was where Minebrook country club is. But I do remember a Robert Hall somewhere in the area of the diner. It could have been in that location, but I think it was where the electrical store is.

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Mar '21

I don't know how Ed Chesney's nursery got into this diner post but both Ed and his brother Bob owned Hackettstown Nursery which was located on top of the mountain off Russeling Rd . I worked there. Maybe they started out where the diner was. I don't remember.

The Robert Hall was a stand alone building where the Honda (I believe) dealership is now

thehazguy thehazguy
Mar '21

Thehazguy is correct about the location of Robert Hall. Parental unit is correct that The Nook was at Minebrook.

4of4
Mar '21

I didn't mean to indicate the Nook was located there. Jimmy Jamm was asking about a nightclub that was located in town back in the 80's.

Robert Hall then became a supply house correct? I can't pull the name from the cobwebs... Graybar maybe?

Speaking of The Nook what was the name of the bar where SOS Stoves is now in Mansfield, Rt 57?

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Mar '21

No..the nook was by the golf course..just over the bridge past the trailer park...on what used to be called rt24

Bug3
Mar '21

Robert Hall was not where the Honda dealership is but rather where the vacant Hyundai dealership was.

Richie
Mar '21

And I believe the Blue Mist Diner was called the Stardust Diner before Blue Mist.

Richie
Mar '21

On the Edge: Restaurant called 'Lemon Wedge" or something lemony/

Greg, supply house after RH is what I can remember today it became.

thehazguy thehazguy
Mar '21

Where was the Colorado Mining Company located? It was a restaurant on Rt. 57 somewhere. I thought it was in the SOS location, but I'm probably wrong. It changed ownership and names a few times. Colorado Mining Company is the only one I remember.

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Mar '21

ON THE EDGE the place on Rt 57 was called "the library" Wonderful place.

There are LEMONS around but don't think they are affiliated with anything we are talking about at the moment.

Bernie Bernie
Mar '21

Four Oaks diner was a good place

EVV I think there was a bar called The Olive Or Twist where Panevino is.

Walker Walker
Mar '21

SOS stove was a restaurant called Uncle Albee's and before that the Colorado Mining Company.

Enzo's Pasta grill was Panevinos and before that the Mansfield inn.

The Hyundai dealership was Graybar and before that Robert Hall's.

The main Hyundai building was the Blue Mist and before that Bonanza and the Four Oaks Diner.

Barnacle Bill
Mar '21

Barnacle Bill SOS Stove was called the Library BEFORE The Colorado Mining Company. Perhaps I have lived in this area longer than you?

I remember ROBERT HALL when I was a little girl. That was located before Graybar followed by the car dealers.

Bernie Bernie
Mar '21

And I still maintain that there was a restaurant with 'lemon' in the name where the SOS is now. Lemon Twist sounds like the rite name. Heck, I ate there.
I believe *Enzo's Pasta Grill succeeded Pane Vino.
* BTW - Enzo's is my favorite local Italian restaurant.

It was called Olive or Twist.

auntiel auntiel
Mar '21

Great name!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Diner
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.