Alex Trebek, Host of Jeopardy..passed away today...R.I.P.

Just heard this very sad news that Alex Trebek has passed away this morning at the age of 80 at home. R.I.P. Alex...

joyful joyful
Nov '20

Irreplaceable and one of a kind. Rest In Peace Alex and thank you for letting me escape the daily grind by watching your show on arrival home from some long days. You made the day a little easier.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Nov '20

What is RIP Alex!!!

Towny Towny
Nov '20

Question: What TV game show host died on November 8, 2020?
Answer: Alex Trebeck

RIP

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '20

Love the show Jeopardy. Alex Trebek fought pancreatic cancer and carried on until the end with grace and intelligence. He was a real class act and will be missed.

Chickadee Chickadee
Nov '20

I’ll take sadness for $500. He was priceless.

For reals For reals
Nov '20

We watch faithfully, every night so this is a very sad day in our house. He fought a very hard fight. May He Rest in Peace.

Bessie Bessie
Nov '20

Jeopardy works in reverse -

Answer: November 8, 2020

Question: What is the day Jeopardy will never be the same?

GC, love your post! It is so true.
I've watched the show forever. Loved Alex and like others have stated, he was a class act. He will be sorely missed!
Also, I just finished is book, "The Answer Is". A must read for anyone who watched and admired him.

Joyce Joyce
Nov '20

There's a special "20/20" program on tonite @ 10pm (ABC) about him.

happiest girl
Nov '20

Pre Alex there was Art Fleming who also did a stellar job.
Hopefully, they’re prepared to hand this off to the next steward.

Stymie Stymie
Nov '20

RIP Alex. You lived a life of grace and dignity right to the very end.

I hope that when I am gone, they say that I had 1/100th the courage and grace of Alex Trebek. The man is a true legend and the way in which he faced his mortality should be a lesson to all of us.

thomasnj thomasnj
Nov '20

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ken Jennings become the next Jeopardy! host...

ianimal ianimal
Nov '20

Alex made Jeopardy special. I will certainly miss him and all his wit and charm.

Ken wouldn't be surprising, he's entertaining and certainly knowledgeable. But of former contestants I think the one with the best voice for the job would be Frank Spangenburg.

The show's easiest move makes the most financial sense - Sajak hosts Jeopardy, Vanna takes over Wheel.

But my dark horse best host would be scientist Neil deGrasse Tyson. He has the knowledge, voice, and personality for the job.

Trebek said most likely a woman. And he mentioned Laura Coates.

happiest girl
Nov '20

Jeff Probst did a great job with the music version.

Roywhite Roywhite
Nov '20

Pat Sajak hosting Jeopardy, lol thanks for the good laugh.

I would go with his daughter
Alex Trebek's oldest daughter Nicky is the only one to follow him into the family business. It turns out Nicky did not have to go far — she works as a production assistant on Jeopardy

GC agreed! Neil would be an excellent choice!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Nov '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.