Lawyer recommendation

Looking for any recommendations for a divorce lawyer in the areas. Thank you in advance.

Anonymous Anonymous
Oct '20

And I’m looking for recommendations for a lawyer to do a will.

happiest girl
Oct '20

I have a friend looking for a Real-estate Lawyer.

Mr 4paws Mr 4paws
Oct '20

Hg: unless complex, quicken, met life or legal zoom ez and cheap. There’s a top ten list of sw packages but that’s three of the top. Met Life just bought it’s way in by purchasing a market leader. .

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Oct '20

SD —- what would define complex.

happiest girl
Oct '20

For a Will, I highly recommend Katherine Ingrassia. She’s a partner with Lavery, Selvaggi, Abromitis and Cohen. For real estate, Denise Magnusen in Long Valley, she’s practices alone. Both are excellent - very thorough and reasonable fees.

Friend Friend
Oct '20

Friend - The term "reasonable fees" means different things to different people. What are you considering "reasonable"?

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '20

Hg; think they describe on the sites or on the top ten article. Really depends on your assets and where they will go. House, possessions, equal divisions to a few kids — no biggee. Business, lots of debts, federal/state tax, beneficiaries outside immediate family, trusts, more complex. Basically we will start with spouse, that’s ez, then pick an executor, and divide assets equally, amongst kids, ez again if you trust executor (one kid). In NJ, probate is basically self-serve, many states are. Ten years ago, PA was not and you had to have a lawyer to get through probate.

In either case, wills were pretty simple. Division of property, household goods, really depends on beneficiaries. Best case, they just choose, otherwise they sell and split the stuff. You can specify certain things making it more complex, but not our style. Good luck, doung mine soon.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Oct '20

Fifteen months ago, I paid the real estate attorney I recommended above $1,250 for the package of legal fees required to represent me in the purchase of a home. During the inspection negotiations, we had some back and forth with the seller, but nothing considered above and beyond, so the base fee remained as quoted. Before choosing her, I had called around to three real estate attorneys in total and was quoted $1,800 and $2,200 by the others. IMO, that made $1,250 “reasonable” to/for me.
I’ve not paid for Will services with the other attorney I recommended, but I’ve had two friends describe her Will prep fee as reasonable. I didn’t ask how much they paid. I have dealt directly with that attorney to see firsthand the thoroughness I mentioned, not her fee.
As with anything on a forum, when you ask for advice, you get another’s personal opinion to take with a grain of salt and use, or not.

Friend Friend
Oct '20

Friend - Thanks for the info.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '20

Finally made it to the pc: here's some ideas:

https://www.thebalance.com/best-online-will-makers-4580500

https://www.consumersadvocate.org/last-will-and-testament

https://www.toptenreviews.com/best-will-software

Met Life bought Willing, one of the top ten. Their site might provide some clues as to whether online SW is right for you.

Quicken = NOLO = very lawyered up.

Legal Zoom is probably the pioneer in the field of online legal form fillers.

Met Life, being Met Life, suffers from being somewhat confused with a myriad of different websites that all look alike with great difficulty transporting from one to another, but here's a nice place to start for some background info on online and wills, in general. Good place to punk around and see what you can see. They will even let you fill one out for free to see how close to simple you get. (of course to use it you must pay, but you can get the feel for it). https://www.metlife.com/financial-wellness-content-hub/financial-wellness/tips-successful-estate-planning/?cid=ef1i3&utm_id=ef1i3&utm_source=acousticcampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ris_ris_3q20_MetLife&utm_content=customer-communication_IIA_email&promoid=ef1i3

As much as I love Met Life, I will probably go Quicken or Legal Zoom. Willing was a bit down the list for top ten. But ..... you never know, still thinking, still feeling alive!!!!

Good luck

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Oct '20

Anonymous,
If your my husband who was found cheating, you better be looking for a good divorce lawyer.

Back to the topic at hand... a lawyer recommendation.

Nicole Lenar right in town. She is also the Hackettstown Municipal Court Judge.

hackettresident
Oct '20

Is anyone familiar with James E. Demartino from Belvidere, as far as Estate Planning for Seniors? Any other suggestions relatively local to Hackettstown area would be appreciated. Thanks

justwondering justwondering
Jun '22

Einhorn Law Firm in Denville.
Real Estate, Family, Matrimonial, Trusts and Estates.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Lawyer recommendation
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.