Lost father’s WWII dog tag

Lost father’s WWII dog tag

Hi all. I am a new poster. Somewhere between Panther Valley, Greene’s Beans coffee, Rite Aid and Quick Check on Bilby I lost my father’s dog tag that was on a leather cord with metal clasp. It is a dark grey larger circle with the name Francis Gabrielle Baron and a date of 1945 on it. USNR. I’m devastated that it must have e dropped somewhere. Please contact me if you come across it. Thank you so much. Kathryn

Kathryn Kathryn
Oct '20

If you really run into a snag, there's lots of places to buy replacements. HOWEVER, if there's a way to replace it right or better, Bill Beigel will know. This guy's business is WWII data and he really is a good guy. Knows it all, how to do it, and if money involved, pretty sure you can't do better. I am using him for some research on my Dad's WWII journey and he is using a scalpel to carve out just what I need without charging me for anything more. Nor did the team push me in any sort of salesy way.
First time I ever spent $$$ on genealogy, don't think I would ever spend it anywhere else for anything, but Bill's team gets right to the point so their offer was extremely low cost and targeted.

If you need to replace, I would ask their advice which I am betting you get for free. https://www.ww2research.com/

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Oct '20

Thank you kindly for this information. Hoping the original turns up, but this is great to know. Thank you!

Kathryn Kathryn
Oct '20

Anyone with metal detectors? I know this must be of tremendous sentimental value to you. Keep us posted. If I go out walking, I will surely look and keep my eyes peeled. So sorry that you cannot find it.

DogDayAfternoon
Oct '20

Are you on facebook? There are a lot of Hackettstown pages that you can post this on that could spread the word quickly!

kelleo22 kelleo22
Oct '20

I have seen it posted in a few places on Facebook. The post also details various other places it could be. Hopefully someone finds it and it is returned.

I believe that a very kind Panther Valley neighbor posted for me on several forums. I was only familiar for this one. ;). I am so very grateful for everyone keeping an eye out and suggestions. It is most welcome. Yes, very sentimental to me.

Kathryn Kathryn
Oct '20

Did you find your dads dog tags?

Jesse132 Jesse132
Oct '20

No still lost!!

Kathryn Kathryn
Oct '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.