Local Student's Poetry Published in National Publication

Miss Samantha Testerman of Mitchell Road in Hackettstown has had her poetry entry in the National High School Poetry Contest accepted for publication. The poem entitled “of the city and of us as well” appeared in a recent edition of the American High School Poets “Of Love and Dedication” anthology.

"Of Love and Dedication" is a meaningful study of love and loyalty based poetry written by teenagers from all over the country. It explores how today's teens approach various types of love and loyalty issues. It is a quarterly publication and is published by the Live Poets Society of NJ in conjunction with JUST POETRY!!!, the National High School Poetry Quarterly Magazine.

Samantha is the daughter of Mary and Daniel Testerman and attends Hackettstown High School under the tutelage of Michael Vellucci.

Samantha has no specific college plans at this time.

Live Poet's Society Live Poet's Society
Sep '20

It would be no slur,
To say, good for her ;-)

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Sep '20

Great job! Congratulations!

Htown Htown
Sep '20

We need poetry more than ever during these times. Thank you for contributing your gift.

For reals For reals
Sep '20

Congratulations Samantha!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Sep '20

My daughter had her poetry and a short story published when she was in htown middle school 2 years ago. The short story was in a book associated with the “ stranger things” Netflix series ... it’s a great feeling !!
Congrats Samantha !!

H-Town Mama H-Town Mama
Sep '20

congrats samantha! so proud! love ya!

ZOLUCKY
Oct '20

What a great honor! I'd love to read it. How can I do so?

Jim KIng
Oct '20

Stranger Danger, I think that YOU are the dangerous one here. Congratulations, though, Samantha, you did well.

Mack Weldon
Oct '20

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mackenzie Weldon
Oct '20

Wonderful!!

Plant Based Retail
Nov '20

The Testerman's are very good people and I am so happy for Samantha.

What an honor!!!

FormerFootballDad FormerFootballDad
Nov '20

W O W Z A

zo zo
Nov '20

Great Accomplishment!! Congratulations to Samantha...

joyful joyful
Nov '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.