Does anyone know if you can recycle old power tools ?

Hello All,

Thought that I would check with the H'town community for this as I have had no luck myself.
Does anyone know if you can recycle old power tools?
I have an old drill, jigsaw, and sander (plug in models, not cordless) as well as an old cordless drill, that no longer work.
I thought that I would try and have them recycled rather than just throwing them out.
Home depot will accept the battery from the cordless drill, but nothing else, and I have "googled" without any success.

Just thought I would try, thanks

Craigslist or classifieds here. Otherwise garbage.

Sacks cousin
Sep '20

Green Vision in Randolph on Route 10. It is a program that trains individuals with autism to disassemble “anything with a plug” in order to recycle it. Their website is GVINC.ORG.
The items you described would be free although there is a charge for anything containing Freon. It’s a little bit out of the way but it’s an excellent program.

Quiet one Quiet one
Sep '20

where do you live, i will take the tools and batteries

Nick Russo Nick Russo
Sep '20

Give Dan a call at Get a Grip and More in Washington and see if he is interested in taking them off of your hands.

https://getagripandmore.com/

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '20

Abilities in Washington has a similar program as the one in Randolph. But when we checked into them during the lockdown, they weren’t accepting anything. Maybe now they will?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Sep '20

I second Green Visions and Abilities. I’ve seen these individuals in action. Great program.

For reals For reals
Sep '20

Hello All,

Just FYI, Green visions does accept these tools, and cordless / battery operated tools for recycling. You can just drop them off at their facility, there is a bin outside.

Thank you for your offer Nick, I had already dropped the tools off this morning.

Thank you for your help and feedback.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.