Apple Picking

Looking forward to the fall season after this crazy summer. Does anyone know if there are any apple orchards open yet? Thanks.

lsricc lsricc
Sep '20

Tranquility Farm has its orchard opened now - first year

4catmom 4catmom
Sep '20

Riamede in Chester

How does the crop look so far after the cold spring?

Get them soon before the lanternflies do.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Sep '20

Mackey's in White twp.

Went to Long Meadow farm in Hope 2 weekends ago. Macintosh was good this year.

Seriously?
Sep '20

Tranquility’s honey crisp and gala are amazing

Thanks everyone. We went to Tranquility Farms and had a great time!

lsricc lsricc
Sep '20

Riamede! Open 7 days a week 9 - 4:30

https://www.riamedefarm.com/whats-ripe

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Sep '20

melick's in Califon u pick

tangerine tangerine
Sep '20

It seems that all orchards are now charging entry fee for apple picking.

I like Longmeadow Farm
565 Hope Rd, Hope, NJ 07844

A few miles from Rt 80 Hope exit - towards Blairstown.

Open on Saturday and Sunday, now .

Real, old fashion, apple picking and farm market. Pumpkin field to really pick your own. Might not be ripe yet. Transport to the field is free, as is parking.

So much fun and no added fees.

Is anyone else noticing a increased fee at farms? 2.99 fee per person used to be free last year at Melick’s to pick apples...Orts farm hayride to pick pumpkins 3 dollars fee per person used to be 1 dollar last year... Alstede farm prices range from 6.99 to 19.99 for different activities... I understand the farms are trying to make a profit or break even in this already difficult times but increase costs that much for ppl already struggling as well can make it difficult for a fun family day at a farm...

TownMom5
Sep '20

TownMom5

True. I can understand trying to account for more protections needed for employees and extra cleaning needed but if you depend on that to make up for it being a slow year, you also have to be wary of overpricing your business. There is such a thing as pricing yourself right OUT of business. Sometimes families will choose activities somewhere else, rather than overspend for the experience they were originally hoping for.

Of course while I'm not saying anyone local is doing this, price gouging because you figure people will now pay anything to get out is not only immoral and counterproductiove. It leaves people with a bad taste in their mouth about your business AND that spreads by word of mouth to many more people than a good experience usually does.

Phil D. Phil D.
Sep '20

Race Farm 87 Belcher Rd. Tractor and wagon take you to Apples available. No charge for ride. You pay for what you pick. Picnic area available.

Gail C Gail C
Sep '20

Thank you Gail G! We will look into that farm!

TownMom5
Sep '20

Donaldson's farm is not charging an entry fee for apple picking. The only fee associated with Apple Picking is a 50 cent per bag fee which in comparison to other farms is pretty decent.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.