TS Isaias Where are the weather experts?

I’m missing the predictions from the HL Experts. Bryan, hoping you would pop in with the NC prediction.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '20

I was just thinking the same thing! I’d love to hear your insights.

Moira
Aug '20

Here is the NWS briefing: https://www.weather.gov/media/phi/current_briefing.pdf

OP, I much prefer the experts here. Everyone knows the NWS doesn’t know what they’re doing, lol.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '20

My hair is a good indicator of weather. My frizz says rain!

For reals For reals
Aug '20

Rain
Wind
Power out

thomasnj thomasnj
Aug '20

The Liberty Thinker was usually pretty good with his forecasts. Bryan left the area, as you know. No skin in the game for him anymore in taking weather guesses 600 miles north.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Aug '20

EPAWA is a great source. In my experience, they are pretty accurate.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Aug '20

I have found this to be pretty accurate: https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/nj/hackettstown

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '20

The post by OP is very good - I tend to follow winter weather - we are lucky this storm is not packing more wind but we will be seeing some heavy rain from noonish till later afternoon

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Aug '20

Well, I'm always willing to tell you what I know about nothing I know.....

It's a moving target as the track shifts here and there a tad, and a tad matters.

Right now: looks like we get brushed by the eastern wall, the center is just west of us, maybe as close as Allentown or closer. All heck starts breaking loose at 11:30 with a rain decrease about 1, then another heavy band and over by 3:30.

Winds pick up at 11, peak at 2, start falling off at 3 --- sustained under 30, gusts 35-40.

That's right now, but radar is the key to where it's moving and even the slightest track shift can change everything. Thus far, has been trending less and lower, but that can change in a heartbeat.

It's a fast mover, probably can be a fast changer too.

Yes, I don't have a clue about weather :>)

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Aug '20

Weather Underground is terrible since IBM acquired. Dark Sky is quite good, but for severe weather, the National Weather Service is the Gold standard. If you check we may get winds up to 58 to 73 mph and Tornado threats. Could be the biggest impact since Sandy, but nothing sustained like Sandy.

We.....or the coast iJay?

That's the "potential," they also say 55 gusts expected for belevidere and blairstown, elsewhere they quote 50-60 inland winds.

best to keep an eye on radar to see if track shift. As of 10am, still looks like we are on the Eastern wall, getting some banding, but major part still hits around 11-11.30. However, looks like it slides a little East, just after passing us. If it can do that then, it can do it earlier ----- so, like I said --- radar seems to be our best bet for guessing right now.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Aug '20

iJay - I have followed it for months and found it extremely accurate including the hourly predictions

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '20

This was looking like a huge rain threat at first. It still is although the bullseye shifted a little west into PA. But the wind threat really increased since you are closer to the east side now. The storm strength also increased a bit more than expected overnight and the fast movement will keep the winds strong even up there.

Bottom line:
2-4" of rain in a short period of time (locally someone could be 5")
winds 30-40 mph with widespread gusts 50-60 mph.
elevated tornado threat

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Aug '20

Without getting into details, I found errors in it. Submitted multiple emails to support and nothing resolved. Dark Sky is better IMHO so no going back; free for your PC but $3.99 for the iPhone and worth every penny. If it I look at it now it shows maximum gusts going into the low 40s.

BTW, we are under a Tornado Watch.

Thank you Bryan!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Aug '20

Possible tornado in Doylestown, PA.

https://www.wfmz.com/news/area/southeastern-pa/roof-ripped-off-day-care-cars-overturned-after-possible-tornado-in-doylestown/article_305b6352-d674-11ea-983e-47905cbdb01b.html

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '20

Wow, hope my friends and family in the Doylestown area are ok. To think, the family members moved from "The Windy City" to there just last year!

Phil D. Phil D.
Aug '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.