Regis Philbin passes away...

One of my favorite TV personalities. Hosting the View and also Who Wants to Be a Millionaire...Regis Philbin has passed away at the age of 88..one month shy of 89 years old.

joyful joyful
Jul '20

very sad......

I'll never forget when he guest starred on How I Met Your Mother joining the gang's search for the perfect NYC hamburger. Or the time he just popped up on Letterman throwing ping pong balls at the audience . His comedic talent was often overlooked IMO . He also holds the Guinness World Record for the most hours on U.S. tv . He will be missed .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eM1jtorKD8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regis_Philbin

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jul '20

God bless this strange little man. Always cheery.

I too searched nyc for the perfect burger. Found it but never tried it. Always got sidetracked by Brooklyn Diner.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Jul '20

Always sad when someone passes but the 89 years he had were pretty good ones. RIP.

Consigliere
Jul '20

Remember his appearance on an episode of Seinfeld?

Always wore his fandom for the Yankees and Notre Dame on his sleeve. He was a funny guy ... his schtick worked for a long, long time RIP

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '20

Jeopardy's "Vault" series of repeats showed him tonight with Carol Burnett and Donna Mills. He wasn't first but came back to second from last half way through. Still entertaining the entire time.

Always brought joy and laughter whenever he was on. I became aware of him before he came to NYC and was hosting the Good Morning LA show for years with Sarah Purcell. What a long and consistent career...RIP!

friendly mcface friendly mcface
Jul '20

went to an airing of live with Regis and Kathy lee years ago. during the commercial breaks Kathy lee would leave the set and Regis would stay there with the audience answering questions and just talking to the audience until they got ready to start the live broadcast again after the commercial was over and then Kathy lee would come back out and sit down. he seemed like a very nice guy. RIP!

PARK FAN PARK FAN
Jul '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.