Montclair State University Commute

Hi, does anyone have experience with taking the train from town to the university? I saw on their website that there is a train that runs from the campus, thanks in advance.

Pumpkin43 Pumpkin43
Jul '20

My son lived here and commuted. The Hackettstown train does not run much, sometimes he would go from Dover. The trains are great it is getting there that is the problem. Watch out for the local ones, they make lots of stops!!! He was able to do really well there.

Mmadone Mmadone
Jul '20

Traffic probably won’t be bad this fall considering the amount of people who have been told they will
Be working from home through at least the end of the year

Nosila Nosila
Jul '20

I would suggest checking the njtransit schedule for the Montclair line so you won't have to transfer and then try to build the class schedule around that. The station in Montclair is on the campus, so it makes the train a really good resource if you can time it right; the downside is that the train runs infrequently, so if you miss it, there is a lot of downtime. For first year students, it's normal to have last priority for class choices, so making a schedule which fits the train is a challenge. On the positive side, there is a discount for students (check the Montclair website) and the ~ 1 hour ride each way leaves a lot of time to keep up with reading and homework.

Good luck!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.