Jersey corn

Any of our local farms have jersey corn yet? No mention on ort or alstede website.

Scott Scott
Jul '20

Ort and Donaldson's have South Jersey...

Annie moss
Jul '20

Where is the great CORN TRUCK?

Greg A
Jul '20

You can get south jersey corn at Weis or Shoprite. Weis at 10 for $2, Shoprite at 5 for $2. That's 20c an ear at Weis.
Another example of Weis having better prices than Shoprite on some things, something I have mentioned before.

happiest girl
Jul '20

Tranquility has posted that they have corn.

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Jul '20

Thanks. Just got ours from Ort. Most of the farms do mention it on facebook but not their website. Looks yummy. Big ears.

Scott Scott
Jul '20

Hi Scott, where exactly is Ort Farms? Chester? and how much per ear?

Adair J Moore Sattel Adair J Moore Sattel
Jul '20

Where is the great CORN TRUCK?

Second that motion :) :)|

The BEST

Jul '20

Has anyone noticed the prices for corn? Wow! $15.50/dozen at a local farm stand. South Jersey farms selling it for as much as $16.00/dozen.
Why?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jul '20

I suspect high prices are at least partially due to bad spring weather. And like most businesses, they have extra COVID-related costs. But $15-$16/dozen seems exceedingly high!

Route 46
Jul '20

had some from donaldsons yesterday - it was good and sweet -

4catmom 4catmom
Jul '20

If you're in the Flanders area, you can always check out Ashley Farm's stand! One of the perks of working at Flanders Tool years ago was that during corn season they would get a supply of corn from Ashley Farms each week and distribute it to us employees. The corn was always great!

They're actually open 'til 5pm today and have propane refills and flower bunches, as well as the normal farm stand fare, including "Florida" corn right now, with their own to come soon. Their rating are from 4.5 - 5 on the websites I've seen too.

https://www.facebook.com/ashleyfarmsnj/

http://www.ashleyfarmsonline.com/index.php/contact/

Only drawback is no online orders, phone or stop in only, but then again a quick call to check on what's available, prices, etc. and you can get there in 15-20 min from Hackettstown if it's something you can't get closer in.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jul '20

Just looked at Donaldsons and their web site said their local corn is available July 20th

Local Gal Local Gal
Jul '20

Tranquility Farms! Great corn! Even better ice cream!

Ziggy Ziggy
Jul '20

Ort is in Long Valley near Restaurant Row. The corn wasnt cheap at 4 for $5 but it was worth it. We got corn from Weis the other day and it was not good. Shop Rite has had good corn.

Scott Scott
Jul '20

Best's had corn from a Belvidere farm - $1 an ear.

Kate S
Jul '20

Went to Tranquility yesterday and talked to the attendant.
Corn is 1/2 white and 1/2 yellow and is from South Jersey.
They just got it in yesterday.
It is 99 cents an ear.
Exceedingly fresh.
It's located on the middle stand when you walk in.

There is also a cute display with dog barrettes and some bandanas that are all $4 apeice

Jul '20

if my memory serves me well... the great corn truck comes around at the end of july every summer!

gram of 3 gram of 3
Jul '20

Donaldson’s corn . 75 each from FL good

Copygirl Copygirl
Jul '20

Oh how I miss nj corn and tomatoes! We moved from great Meadows in April of 2019 to Port Orange, Florida. They have decent corn late May into July however it's not as sweet or good as jersey corn. Same goes for the tomatoes and peaches. Best farms always had great peaches. I don't miss the cold and snow! Stay happy and healthy everyone.

Helen O'Keefe Helen O'Keefe
Jul '20

Tranquility Farms is now advertising "Our own sweet corn"

Bemused Bemused
Jul '20

Had Ort’s own sweet corn last night. $0.99/ear. Deliciously sweet!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jul '20

$.99 an ear...now I feel old!! I remember "a dollar a dozen!"

Re: Jersey corn

Our sweet corn trucks will be at our usual spots on 517, 22 and 31 starting tomorrow, July 28.

farmerswife farmerswife
Jul '20

Yippee!

Stymie Stymie
Jul '20

Yay!! Good news.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '20

see you there, great corn!

SCARE CROW SCARE CROW
Jul '20

Does anyone know where about the Sweet Corn truck location is on Rt. 31?

luvlife
Aug '20

In Hampton in the parking lot of Hampton Liquors.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '20

Thanks Calico

luvlife
Aug '20

My pleasure. Enjoy the corn!

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '20

Donaldsons today at 3:00pm 8/2 was 9 and change a dozen.

Embryodad Embryodad
Aug '20

.80 an ear at Donaldsons today.

Sport
Aug '20

Less at tranquility farms. And delicious !

Ziggy Ziggy
Aug '20

We had our first Donaldson's corn this season here in SC and it was great as usual.

Had white corn from the Martin’s farm on Cat Swamp road...great! They have an abundance of fresh veggies!

Fishfry Fishfry
Aug '20

Fishfry -- never heard of that farm. How are their prices on everything.

happiest girl
Aug '20

We had corn from Tranquility tonight... best we have had in many years!!

Happiest girl—prices for corn are reasonable $.60 or $.70/ear. Zucchini, eggplant, cucumbers are very large but I don’t remember pricing. Very nice people running the farm.

Fishfry Fishfry
Aug '20

Thanks Fishfry, I'll make a visit.

happiest girl
Aug '20

I think next week we'll try Tranquility. We've been really enjoying the corn from Ort, but we tried the corn truck yesterday and unfortunately it was disappointing.

In addition to those, so far this summer we've had Best's, Ashley, and Donaldson's.

Glad to hear Donaldson's has lowered their prices a bit. It was $1 an ear when I got it two weeks ago, and way higher than anyone else around.

Tracy Tracy
Aug '20

Also disappointed by corn from the truck--- Tranquility has been awfully good tho

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '20

One place wanted 4.50 per pound for a jersey tomato.

Did Martin Shkreli buy out that place?

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Aug '20

Corn and the timing.

https://youtu.be/LGJ6D3KNJ9E?t=2111

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Aug '20

The white corn from the truck was really good @ 15 for $8...

Bug3
Aug '20

Tranquility's corn has been fabulous! I like Donaldson's but I dislike that they are always pushing corn when you are purchasing items there. I don't always want to buy corn!

Been going to Donaldsons for many years but their pricing has gone over the top. I bought 1 large tomato It was $6.47. 1 garlic $3.00. It was good, as all their produce is, but almost $10?
Dodgeballs video says it all about corn. It has to be kept cold from the moment it’s picked.

Indie Indie
Aug '20

Be sure you ask for a punch card at tranquility. When it’s full you get a discount.

They also have a separate punch card for their ice cream stand

Ziggy Ziggy
Aug '20

dodgeball's video explains a lot. The corn truck corn is sitting out in the sun all day and it was definitely starchy.

Tracy Tracy
Aug '20

I bought first from Best's and wasn't overly impressed although it was OK.

I got from Kucharsky's next (ie "corn truck") and found it inconsistent. There were 2 of 9 ears (although I bought 7 I was given 9) that were large kernel kind of clunkers. One was small but super good, the others still tasty. But I bought first thing in the morning when the umbrella still kept it out of the sun. Then I only boiled it for like 3 mins to make sure I didn't over do it. Their white tends to be much better than the first round of bicolor.

I'll probably get some Tranquility next while waiting on the white.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.