Google chrome book problems

Purchased one 6 weeks ago.. alll of a sudden it won't connect to the internet.. has anyone else bought one and has this problem? I did the power wash and it still not want to connect

WiFi on?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BICRIld8lN0

Sacks cousin
6 days ago

yes - my cell phone connects, my desk top computer connects - just not the chrome book

my chrome book is a lenovo

I have Lenovo internet connection problems all the time, but it's not a Chromebook.

DogDayAfternoon
6 days ago

i have never had a chromebook but i fix many laptop computers. i would try plugging the chromebook directly into the modem with the wire (if it has the port). If the internet works after that then there is a good chance that the internal wifi chip has gone bad.

as i said before i never had or used a chromebook but if the internal wifi chip is bad you should be able to use an external wifi dongle, they are very cheap on amazon. i bought 4 of them (2 dif brands) for $7 each and free shipping if the order is at least $25. i used them on an old tower pc and 2 laptops that the wifi chip went bad and they get a better signal than the internal ones.....get 1 with an external antenna (the antenna is optional so u can use it without it). they are very tiny and dont bulge out to far without the antenna attached.

hope this helps you :)

Stuck in PA Stuck in PA
3 days ago

Doesn't :Lenovo have support?

I keep a maintenance contract on mine and they have been pretty good about backing it up. Matter of fact, I just got a fantastic 17-inch gaming machine for a 35-month old display issue on a much smaller 36-month supported laptop because they couldn't find the part. Gave me a free years support on the replacement too which is pretty funny since I couldn't have gotten an extension on my old machine. So I am quite happy with their support, once you find it.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
2 days ago

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Google chrome book problems
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.