Fireworks 2020

Hi does anyone know if fireworks works will be taken place this year.

If so any good places near by to see great fireworks

New2town
Jun '20

According to news released yesterday, fireworks have a green light.

From NJ.com:
Outdoor special events, including legal firework displays, are permitted as soon as Monday as long as crowds are limited to 100 people, according to the governor. The limit on outside gatherings could increase to 250 people on June 22 and 500 people on July 3 if the downward trends in the state’s COVID-19 outbreak continues, Murphy said about a week ago.

Washington’s fire works and parade were cancelled weeks ago.

Spring fever Spring fever
Jun '20

Mt Lake's community day was postponed until September 12th

OP on the phone
Jun '20

Washington's fireworks may still happen, Spring! :)
I think they're trying to work something out.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jun '20

Thank you 3wbdwnj !! Please let us know if you hear they are back on for sure! I wish they could keep the parade back on the schedule too!

Jun '20

Watch the fireworks on tv. Keep yer germs to yerself!

embryodad embryodad
Jun '20

Any firework confirmations that they are back on near or in Warren County NJ? Please help.

https://www.nj.com/news/2020/06/most-july-4th-fireworks-doused-by-coronavirus-concerns-but-several-nj-towns-are-holding-displays.html

ianimal ianimal
Jun '20

Any new information on any fireworks being held this weekend?

Just on phone with mom in Washington, fire trucks, emergency squad from Washington and local towns drove down street with sirens (not speeding). Lasted a couple minutes. Looks like they are driving around the town in place of a parade.

htwnnjresident
Jul '20

They did a great job. It made for a nice parade like atmosphere, but it wasn’t “ a parade”!
They were all “ testing their equipment”, as many waved them on from front yards. ; )

Jul '20

Someone lit the dumpster in Oak Hill on fire, there was fire!!!

Mmadone Mmadone
Jul '20

Mmadone

There must have been "works" too then, considering that the firefighters must have responded with their equipment and worked to put it out.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jul '20

Firework complaints on the scanner are way up this year.

OP

I'll bet! Apparently Hopatcong had the Yacht Club fireworks this year, but I found out too late, but my old hood there, was a hotbed of fireworks already. I'm sure it will be worse this year. I was bummed that they stopped their display that was at the fields by Hopatcong High, since that was almost in my backyard. My dog was glad though... .

I wonder if Dover has plans, since they always had a large setup at the Middle School right on Rt. 46. We could always see it from my ex's Mom's backyard.

The NJ.com website didn't show anything for them at all, whether it's being held or was cancelled.

Edit: Just checked their facebook page. Down on June 26th there's a post that fireworks will start at 9:30 PM which will be after a Class of 2020 High School Graduation celebration (of sorts). They state that they won't be held at Hamilton Field, but to stay in yards and look to the North, so I'm guessing they possibly may have this staged from the High School parking lot or thereabouts.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jul '20

Hi, any confirmed fireworks location near hackettstown NJ?

Gabriel T Gabriel T
Jul '20

Seems to be fireworks going off in every backyard in town.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Jul '20

Those things are expensive, right?

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Jul '20

Expensive is in the eye of the beholder, but yes, and the higher you shoot, the more it costs.

I had a box in the garage but saw so much burn-out in the fields that I passed.

Seemed to end pretty early round here which I surmised it was targeting the kids, versus teen or adult parties. A good thing IMO.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Jul '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.