2020 Thunderstorm Thread

Another chance for t-storms this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '20

Re: 2020 Thunderstorm Thread

Crap. "The end of the known world". "Humanz bite"! "I'm safe behind the washer..."

The big boomer is definitely a humanz thing. What exactly do they NOT understand???

Sugar Sugar
Jun '20

Does anyone else feel like the weather people seriously don’t know what they’re doing?
They went from 30% chance of rain, then 80% chance of rain then back down to 10% chance all with a matter of hours.
It’s like they guess and then quickly change it when they know they are wrong.
When I was younger, if they said it was gonna rain, it rained!
Hard to trust and plan anything.

LivingLifeLovingLife LivingLifeLovingLife
Jun '20

This one seems to be consistently pretty accurate: https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/nj/hackettstown

4catmom 4catmom
Jun '20

Agreed 4cat. I really like their app.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jun '20

Used to be good until they sold to IBM, quality went down.

Oh thank you!!! I will check it out for sure

LivingLifeLovingLife LivingLifeLovingLife
Jun '20

Re: 2020 Thunderstorm Thread

Batten down the hatches!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Nov '20

At 5:39 I got a severe thunderstorm watch until 11pm alert

At 6:47 I got a severe thunderstorm warning until 8pm alert from Hopatcong, 3 minutes before I got another one from Hackettstown.

Phil D. Phil D.
Nov '20

I think I just saw 4 Horsemen run down the street....

Sugar Sugar
Nov '20

Electricity out on Ridge Road, Indy. Anybody else down?

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Nov '20

Lots of outages. No etr’s that I can see.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Nov '20

Still down on Ridge. Extra crews have arrived per JCPL. Tree damage is what's indicated. I guess wires must be down also. Estimated restoration tonight at 8:30p.m. All I can say is I hope so. As always "time will tell." Electricity went down at about 7:00p.m. Sunday night.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Nov '20

250 still out in Warren, etr to be done with most is 2pm tomorrow so good to be today. Yours is a bigger one, higher priority.

Nov '20

Sorry to hear that, Mrs. Pipes. Hopefully you will have electric very soon...and also heat as it is going to be a cold night. If you need us for anything (or even a warm bed) please let me know...

joyful joyful
Nov '20

Down to 200 out for WC. 50% tween Hope, Lopatcong, and Hardwick; rest of townships mostly 5-10 out. we look pretty good except if you are still out up here, most by 11pm; the last by 2-3 pm tomorrow so I am so sorry if you are one of these last ones.

Nov '20

Down to 160 at 7 o’clock. That’s probably the end of the day, bought from 450 to 160 in a day is is pretty good progress. So sorry for the folks still out hand I figure a few more will come up before midnight. Did Ridge Road come back yet?

Nov '20

Hi Stranger,

Yes, it did come back about 1/2 hour or so ago. About 2 hours prior to coming back JCP&L called and left a message saying, "we think we solved your electricity problem." They left a number to call IF it had not come back. It hadn't. But, about 2 hours later it Did come back. We are thankful. Thank you for asking.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Nov '20

Yes, Strangerdanger.. just heard....they are OK now...

joyful joyful
Nov '20

Only 9 out as of 9 am so should be over soon. 7 locations around the county.

Nov '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.