Local Outdoor Picnic Tables

Anyone know of a place in town that has a few outdoor tables a small group can sit at
Thanks!

rose eskow rose eskow
May '20

Stephen’s State Park pavilion.

Stymie Stymie
May '20

As far as I know, the majority, if not all picnic areas at parks, lakes etc. have been declared off limits due to covid. All of the picnic tables at the parks near me and at Oxford Lake have been overturned and encircled with caution tape. The grills have caution tape too. I'm not sure what the reasoning behind this is.

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

Where is the pavilion at Stephens'?

rose eskow rose eskow
May '20

Stymie -- what's your source?

Rose -- Alumni Field & Riverfront Park have now opened their fields.
You and your friends could bring chairs and sit social distancing or wearing masks.

happiest girl
May '20

Either walk parallel to the river ( against the flow) to the end and it would be up to the right- uphill.
Or enter the park from the second entrance and it would be up to the left.

Stymie Stymie
May '20

Schooley's Mt. Park has some picnic tables.

Hackresident Hackresident
May '20

Mt. Lake, in Liberty Township, has picnic tables.

Bring chairs that you would for a 4th of July concert, plus maybe a little vino...

There are signs posted at Stephen's State park that state no picnicking, no use of grills for right now. I just feel grateful to able to get out and walk there.

hktownie hktownie
Jun '20

Saxton Falls...along the river trail. There are 2 tables...no grills.

The Hipster The Hipster
Jun '20

Just because places HAVE tables, that doesn't necessarily mean that you are allowed to sit at them. AFAIK, that's still off limits in public parks...

ianimal ianimal
Jun '20

Let's see how this works Ian. Many parks have signs posted and people still break the rules...

Thank you all

rose eskow rose eskow
Jun '20

It was announced today that the picnic tables at Oxford Lake will be available for use beginning on June 15th. Some restrictions will be in place. The specifics of the restrictions have not yet been announced.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '20

It’s really pretty easy to guess what to do to picnic outside of the family. This stuff really isn’t rocket science.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Jun '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.