House siding

Looking for recommendations for house siding

Townmom Townmom
May '20

JP General Contracting (Long Valley)
732-735-5287. Resided/reroofed our house last year. Very pleased with the work.

Indy5 Indy5
May '20

Magnolia Home Remodeling is phenomenal! Highly recommend.

https://www.magnoliahomeremodeling.com/

Al's Roofing and Siding. I highly recommend him. Not that you know me, but he has done a lot of work for us and I have always been happy. PM me and I can tell you what he has helped with

Ditto on Als Roofing & Siding - have done work for our family as well - we've always been very pleased! A really nice family business!

A. Ragamuffin A. Ragamuffin
Jun '20

Meh on using Al's. I've seen enough of his work. I would not recommend them. Their price point is apparently attractive. You get what you pay for though in my opinion.

It's actually not clear f you are looking for suggestions on type of siding or installers of basic vinyl. I like James Hardie products for a better quality siding. Lots of choices and really a fine addition to any quality home. As far as an installer for that or any type of siding material for that matter, I have used and recommend either George Keller and Sons or Creo Construction.

George Keller and Sons

Mariann Mariann
Jun '20

RJW Exteriors Lake Hopatcong. They did my house and a few other friends houses also. They do great work at a reasonable price. They also replaced my roof and windows. https://www.rjwcontracting.com/

Thomas Early Thomas Early
Jun '20

The siding of my house was damaged as a result of the storm this past summer and apparently I have some asbestos under there that needs remediation. I’m looking for a company that knows how to deal with insurance companies. I’ve contacted a few local companies and no one can provide me with an estimate that my insurance company will accept. It had to be written a specific way, I guess. Any recommendations??

H-Town Mama H-Town Mama
Oct '20

Your insurance company will not pull out the asbestos siding underneath unless it was damaged by a covered cause of loss. Most people just vinyl side over asbestos siding which looks like what you got.

Give John Roff a call or stop in at his office on the corner of Main and Grand Ave. He will write the estimate in the correct format.

https://www.roffroofing.com/

DH stopped in to Roffs last week, he wrote down on a business card he would send someone to do an estimate on Thursday 10/22 bw 2-4pm. DH called him at 1pm to confirm and to ask that a call/text happen prior to him coming and was told ok. 445pm no one showed up. No one answered the phone. DH goes in yesterday to ask what happened. Some excuse was given and another appt was made for someone to come at 3pm... well guess what happened?? No one came at 3pm either
So much for trying to support a local business :/
Al’s can’t help me either
Any other suggestions ...??

H-Town Mama H-Town Mama
Oct '20

Why doesn't the insurance company specify if it is covered and why and then you share that with the contractor to add to the estimate? Maybe get a separate estimate from an asbestos removal company?

maja2 maja2
Oct '20

Maybe get a separate estimate from an asbestos removal company?

Ohhhhhh Yeaahhhhhhhhhhhh. That's gonna hurt. Real bad.

callitlikeIseeit callitlikeIseeit
Oct '20

Can anyone recommend a siding company for a repair. I have a roof leak that caused damage the needs to be repaired before winter

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Oct '21

I highly recommend anyone needing help to call … JP General Contracting (Long Valley)
732-735-5287 - great guy and honest !

Oct '21

Siding is pretty easy. Any contractor can do it. Usually roofing companies also do siding. I’d call Keller and son in Flanders. They did our roof about 4 years ago and you get what you pay for.

Consigliere
Oct '21

This was a repair and Keller only does full new installs … so yes you get what you pay for and I don’t need a full install

Oct '21

If there’s any chance LibertyThinker reads this, I called JP based on your recommendation and he’s coming tomorrow. I have a siding issue where the wood behind it is rotted. Are you still happy with the work he did?

Consigliere
Oct '22

Jim from JP stopped by yesterday and said he’d write me an estimate later tonight. I’m a bit apprehensive about the cost because the plywood behind the siding looks to be rotted all the way down the chimney on one side (chimney is sided with the same cedar as the house).

There’s really no telling the extent of the damage until they pull the siding off but I also contacted a few others (no responses yet) on the list in this thread. If anyone knows a company that will A. Do a good job and understands the relationship between roofing and siding and can build a cricket up there B. Won’t try to get rich off of a 2-3 day job C. Can get it done within the next few weeks to a month before the snow and ice starts it would be much appreciated. I’m guessing I can have 2 of the three wants but not all three. Fricken houses…

Consigliere
Oct '22

JP replaced our siding and roof. Extremely pleased with the work. Also replaced our front door and has done interior work. Highly recommend.

Indy5 Indy5
Oct '22

Thanks Indy!

Consigliere
Nov '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: House siding
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.