HHS Graduation

So Murphy is allowing graduations in July. No news from school admin that I am aware of. Anyone hear anything about a potential move from the virtual commencement?

Ordained
May '20

July 6th 9:00 am rain date the 7th Morrison Field

Funcats Funcats
May '20

The Board of Education announced an outdoor commencement on July 6th at 9am with a rain date of July 7th.

It's not fair to claim that no one said anything just because you didn't see it or get the notification.

I do believe it was stated that HMS will remain virtual.

Seenit
May '20

The governor a few weeks ago announced that schools will not reopen this year. That means every district is remaining virtual.

For reals For reals
May '20

This isn't up to date yet with Governor Murphy's latest announcement about commencement ceremonies beginning July 6, but a good place to watch for updates- https://www.hackettstown.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=1691271&type=d&pREC_ID=1936612

hktownie hktownie
May '20

It is July 6 at 9am !!!

For reals, I believe that what seenit meant was that the HMS promotion ceremony would remain virtual.

summerrain1 summerrain1
May '20

yes ! https://hhs.hackettstown.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=1715571&type=d&pREC_ID=1946695&tota11y=true

hktownie hktownie
May '20

Good news that the commencement is happening. Another move toward normalcy and preserving important memories for the Seniors.

Ordained
May '20

@Ordained

"Normalcy"?

Define normalcy?

Restaurant Ralph Restaurant Ralph
May '20

normalcy noun
nor·​mal·​cy | \ ˈnȯr-məl-sē

Definition of normalcy: the state or fact of being normal
Example of normalcy: a return to normalcy after war

Webster.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
May '20

I am glad for those who look forward to this. Certainly deserved. For me, I cannot recall a graduation ceremony that was not twice as long as it should have been, and horrendously dull. One nice, but generally uninspiring speech, if you're lucky. If a relative invites you, buy a card, write a check, and skip straight to the backyard bbq :)

maja2 maja2
May '20

maja2, I'm glad someone else admitted that. ;)

DogDayAfternoon
May '20

maja2

I hear you on that! I've enjoyed the ones on Youtube where the Valedictorian called out those in the faculty who were either obvious drunkards or never had any time for their students and just made fun of them or refused to work with them, including guidance counselors who provided no guidance or help and were critical of all the students and the other staff alike.

We had one teacher who was just going through the motions and was pretty obviously in the bag. We also had a male Spanish teacher (not mine) who did everything he could to score guys lower. Girls I knew would say that, while they hated to do it, wearing a short skirt would give them better grades tacked on as "extra credit". That was because he could conveniently "drop his eraser" during class nearby them. People like that needed to be publicly called out so that everyone besides the do nothing administrations would be pressed to do something, anything.

Phil D. Phil D.
May '20

As a graduating senior this year, I'm with you on that maja2!

Hailey Hailey
May '20

Is the limit for this still 25?

Must adhere to the relevant capacity limitation in place at the time of the ceremony (this may require districts to hold multiple ceremonies held over a period of time to ensure capacity restrictions are not exceeded);

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
May '20

HMS virtual graduation was tonight. Nice job pulling it together everyone! Congrats to HMS class of 20, now HHS class of 24!

hktownie hktownie
Jun '20

Congrats and hopefully a 100-year memory!

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Jun '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.