Holiday places opened?

Does anyone know of any attractions or things to visit or see this long Holiday weekend?

Hackresident Hackresident
May '20

Beaches and lakes will be open. Camp sites, too.

For reals For reals
May '20

Some state parks are open, BUT: Picnic areas, playgrounds, pavilions and food concessions remain closed.
Some beaches open: BUT no swimming or sunbathing...

Nallie Nallie
May '20

Wait what?? No swimming or sunbathing at a beach? What the hell else are you supposed to do!?

Hopefully that's a joke LOL.

Not a joke, Greg. You can walk around or stand on the beach.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
May '20

Swimming depends on the beach. Remember, local rules rule, there ain’t no federal ones.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
May '20

I don't see that --- https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/05/jersey-shore-beaches-to-be-open-with-restrictions-during-coronavirus-outbreak-heres-the-new-rules.html

4catmom 4catmom
May '20

List of restrictions by town...

https://www.nj.com/atlantic/2020/05/yes-jersey-shore-beaches-and-boardwalks-are-open-for-memorial-day-weekend-but-be-prepared-for-tough-restrictions.html

ianimal ianimal
May '20

If they were going to the beach; they would know by now ;-)

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
May '20

Re: Holiday places opened?

Beautiful sunny day here in Warren County reaching 70 degrees! Jersey shore areas not so much with clouds and temps in the mid/upper 50's!!

Onshore wind off the ocean this time of year will always screw the shore areas.

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
May '20

Hot Dog Johnny’s MOBBED yesterday.
Totally out of control.
Skipped stopping.
Sure they didn’t miss my $$$.
No plan in hand- should be ashamed of themselves and shut down until they do.

Stymie Stymie
May '20

I went passed Hot Dog Johnny's and yes the parking lot was packed, but people waiting in line were several feet apart. Others that had their food were scattered outside by the river or sitting in the back of their SUVs. It looked totally under control.

I also went by a few ice cream places that were busy but had people waiting in line several feet apart.

It is getting nice out. You make your own choices to visit places. If you don't want to, please don't ruin it for others.

Hopeful Hopeful
May '20

"It is getting nice out. You make your own choices to visit places. If you don't want to, please don't ruin it for others."

To partially quote the great Judge Haller from My Cousin Vinny- That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out statement. I agree.

On my list that Hot Dog joint, but every time I have driven by it has been overflowing.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.