RIP Kenny Rogers

Kenny Rogers has passed away at age 81.

https://variety.com/2020/music/obituaries-people-news/kenny-rogers-dead-dies-1203541233/

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

As one of his obituary's read- The dealin's done.

Bummer.

Another great of a bygone era, RIP...

Does anyone remember when he came to Phillipsburg (or Alpha) about 20 years ago? I think it was sponsored by Phillipsburg cheerleaders (?). It was great!

Denise Denise
Mar '20

Denise: Where in Phillipsburg?!

I read a few years ago that he had bladder cancer. I don't know why they said he died of 'natural causes'.....or is cancer 'natural' these crazy days?

Hackresident Hackresident
Mar '20

It was a fundraiser either in Pburg, or Alpha, because that sticks in my brain. It wasn't overly advertised because I found out through someone I worked with when I worked locally. Someone out there must remember, because a lot of people were there. I do remember the cheerleaders being there.

Denise Denise
Mar '20

Denise: Where was it held, at the High School ?

Never heard about that! I saw him twice, once with Dolly Parton and somewhere else alone.

Mar '20

I found this out:

Kenny Rogers played at The Phillipsburg High school at the high school stadium.

It was a benefit concert for the youth center of Phillipsburg. He performed with singer Linda Davis who has done back up vocals for Reba McIntyre. (Linda Davis' daughter is the lead singer of Lady Antabellum).

Mar '20

Honestly, can't remember. It was either in Pburg, or Alpha. Not sure why Alpha sticks in my head. Hopefully, someone from the forum-sphere will read this and provide more feedback.

Denise Denise
Mar '20

“or is cancer 'natural' these crazy days”

More so than auto accidents, crime, etc. Perhaps the family didn’t want to detail all the technicalities of his cancer or any effects/complications that contributed to his death.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manner_of_death

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '20

RIP Gambler

coasterfan98
Mar '20

Hi Denise, We remember!!! That was a very special evening for my wife and I. We had just started dating and saw the concert together. Do you remember that he was tossing money into the audience for remembering his songs? That was a great night.
Jim & Mel

Jimmy D Jimmy D
Mar '20

Wow, good recall on the concert, Jim and Mel! I first heard his songs as KR and the first edition, and those songs are my favorites. Ruby, Just Dropped In, etc, and the bar favorite, Lucille.

Denise Denise
Mar '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.