What’s closed / What’s Open Inventory Covid - 19

This thread is to help people determine what’s open and what’s closed and what locations are offering what services and inventory. For example Dunkin is open. You have to us the app to order and they bring it to your car. I know not an essential service but a nice treat after being hunkered down since Friday.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Mar '20

Pandan Room and TOPO are open for pick-up and delivery 11 am to 8 pm per Jay's Facebook posts.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

Warren County Library is closed

exphysics teacher
Mar '20

Hackettstown Library just made the decision to close yesterday. Their website did not have that info on Monday but has now been changed.

HCCP posted here that the Hackettstown Townwide Yard Sale is postponed.

Wendy’s open drive through only.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day.

Crystal Crystal
Mar '20

Just received an email from my Church. All Public Masses in Diocese of Paterson are suspended until further notice.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '20

State Parks are open.
Fees waived.
Maybe take a walk and de-stress.

Stymie Stymie
Mar '20

WRNJ has a list of restaurants on their site.
It also shows they canceled the Memorial Day car show.

Are tanning, nail, and hair salons closed for business?

joyful joyful
Mar '20

Joyful I read that Westside has decided to close. I haven't heard of any other salons

Hackettstown municipal services

http://nixle.us/BPKW8

Bug3
Mar '20

Riverfront Park and Alumni Field closed.... sigh....

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Mar '20

Jefferson repub - say it ain’t so! That’s my favorite walking park! I always assumed it would stay open alongside state parks.

Warren County Government offices are closed.

Kat- I know, it sucks. I really don't see why open air parks need to be closed, just more hysteria....

Mar '20

This whole thing is based on hysteria.

Philliesman Philliesman
Mar '20

"This whole thing is based on hysteria."

Actually its based on facts, we have a pretty good test case in Italy that we can see what is happening. We are about 2 weeks behind them so we can either learn from their mistakes or we can repeat them.

Jim L Jim L
Mar '20

Well said Jim. That is the truth and the facts plain and simple. Unless we have learned from what happened in Italy and prepare accordingly we maybe in for a very rough ride. So why risk it. Listen to what the health experts are saying and we should be able to get this very serious virus under control.

The local parks are probably closed so groups of youth don't congregate there. This is one of those times when it is good for a kid to be on an X-box or Playstation. But there are plenty of adults that stocked up on water and toilet paper that are now at Dunkin' Donuts as they cannot resist.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Mar '20

Thank you, Sher. I just heard Jack's Sissor Whiz is closed well..

joyful joyful
Mar '20

Haircuts/salon services will be tough as there is quite close contact. I did not see this on the list but many may proactively close (like Jack's). Might be time to try my own cut or just let it grow until all of the is over...

Field of Dreams is closed as of March 12.

Depending on how long this goes on, most of us will have either overgrown hair or bad at home haircuts. Oh well, maybe we can post pictures or have a contest for worst hair. I remember a certain little dog who got a bad haircut from his momma once. lol

Lynnada Lynnada
Mar '20

I volunteer to maintain some parks in Warren County. Our parks are still open! Check out Kuipers Park in town. It's really just one main trail with a couple offshoots that head up buck hill a bit, but it's a nice stroll!

Announcement: https://www.facebook.com/warrenparksnj/posts/2643063762629413
Parks: https://warrenparks.com/parks/

parksguy parksguy
Mar '20

Mamas Restaurant and Cafe Baci is open for pickup, delivery and curbside :)
They are also offering complimentary loaf of bead! I picked one up for my neighbor and for myself.

Logan Logan
Mar '20

Anyone know if the super markets have chicken/proteins? We're not out but running low and would like to replenish if we can

IRS extends filing deadline for 90 days from April 15th...

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/you-can-take-an-extra-90-days-to-file-your-tax-return-amid-coronavirus-outbreak.html

ianimal ianimal
Mar '20

Ltl, I went out looking for corned beef yesterday evening. The meat section of the Weis was pretty barren, but Shoprite still had plenty of stuff.

Osprey Osprey
Mar '20

@ Ltl:
I was in Weis Market on Sunday morning and there was no beef or chicken in the cooler. I didn't need either, but I noticed the coolers were empty when I walked by. But when I was checking out, I heard one of the cashiers say the truck was there. They just had not started unloading it yet.

As I'm sure you know, there is no food (or paper goods) shortage. It's just that people are panic-shopping. Hopefully some of the craziness will subside when people get a bit more accustomed to our current predicament. After all, this is going to be the new normal for some length of time.

Monty Monty
Mar '20

Terranova at the PV Mall is open for takeout, closing at 8pm.

Weis is in the middle of a remodel

Bug3
Mar '20

30 Burgers is closed right now. Hoping it's temporary.

Andrew's Mom Andrew's Mom
Mar '20

30 burgers is not closed, its open for takout and delivery. No dine in

Bhavik Bhavik
Mar '20

Alpine in Blairstown and Hayek's in Newton have product available.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '20

to support the local businesses with the pick up orders, Hackettstown Parking Authority has suspended meter enforcements until further notice.

Jim L Jim L
Mar '20

Sorry about any misinformation on 30 Burgers. Husband told me there was a sign on the door and no cars in the parking lot. I did message 30 Burgers on Facebook and received a response that it was "temporary due to Covid-19".

Andrew's Mom Andrew's Mom
Mar '20

I love how Bhavik monitors the community and addresses concerns.

Good luck to your success!

Sign on door says the following

Due to COVID-19 we will be implementing new hours. We will also be takeout only for the time being

Daily hours
11:00 AM - 8:00 PM

I have also implemented our own delivery service for a certain area. you can check if you fall into the delivery area via 30BurgersHKT.com

Bhavik Bhavik
Mar '20

New Jersey is now ordering all of its indoor shopping malls to close until further notice, starting at 8 p.m. Tuesday, to help battle the spread of the coronavirus, Gov. Phil Murphy announced.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Mar '20

Sonnys Pizza is still open

I love Pizza I love Pizza
Mar '20

7-11 open. AAA operating, too.

For reals For reals
Mar '20

Thanks for the info Monty, I know ppl are panic buying, which we didn't do, which is why were low on some protein

Shop Rite in Mansfield is well stocked with protein sources. Just low on paper items, TP and PT.

Denise Denise
Mar '20

Was at Shoprite on Sunday. Only TP & paper towels out. Milk just fine, bread very low but some one was restocking. Nothing else really looked very low other than maybe some cleaning supplies. Really not much of an issue.

Free parking at the meters on main st. means certain merchants will park in front of there business all day,

sally Jo
Mar '20

Marley's and Man Skirt take out tonight! Happy to try to support local merchants at this crazy time! Weeks ago we made plans with friends that we cancelled out of caution before the announcement yesterday - so this really felt like a nice treat!

dadogmomma dadogmomma
Mar '20

Washington Shop Rite has not had any chicken for days and is out of most other meats as well. I was there this morning.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

I'm gladly using this as an opportunity to try and use up all the meat stored in my three freezers (one chest freezer and two standard Fridge/freezer combos)... some of it dates back to the Obama administration, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '20

I can't bring myself to order take-out. A cook could be positive for the virus without knowing it and unintentionally contaminate the food.

happiest girl
Mar '20

I did notice ShopRite of Washington, yesterday, beyond the totally empty paper product shelves, no wipes, etc, very little bottled water, was fully out, and I mean FULLY out of ANY Vitamin C.

Funny how this pandemic is making believers out of those who don't subscribe to vitamins being useful.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Mar '20

Happiest.......what about the people stocking the vegetables at the supermarket? Are you afraid of that?

Philliesman Philliesman
Mar '20

Does anyone know of any grocery stores and liquor stores doing delivery or car pick up? My husband was in a meeting with someone whose daughter tested positive so we've been staying away from everyone JUST in case. Thanks in advance!

Shoprite has had delivery for a long time. It's out of the Byram Shoprite. Their website says they're adding delivery people to keep up.

Weis web site says the demand is so high they can't do curbside any more. But they say you can get someone via "Shipt".

As of Monday evening, in addition to their remodel efforts, weis was extremely low on canned goods, jars of sauce, bread, frozen vegetables, milk was gone. I was told the are restocking and just couldn't keep up with the shoppers.

Philliesman, Happiest is correct, it's a concern and it will likely be addressed soon. As it could easily be considered a source to spread the virus.

In addition, most people wash store produce and/or cook it first. Either method when done properly, can kill the virus. A restaurant employee/cook who coughs over a prepared sandwich, ... that's a different story.

"hysteria" Really? At this age of the game, calling this situation "hysteria" or down playing coronavirus is often a convenient disguise for fear. (your fear) Or someone who is ill prepared.

This is happening sir, people are trying to protect their families all over the world. It's not hysteria, it's a fact, it's called preparation for reality. Perhaps it's time you come to terms with it too instead of hiding in denial.

Be safe everyone.

allbesafe
Mar '20

How about if you do go to a store or similar place post the time and crowd size, it can help people plan trips better.

Roywhite Roywhite
Mar '20

Mattar's is doing takeout

Someone earlier posted a comment that Masses in the Diocese of Paterson were suspended indefinitely
There are some people for whom daily or Sunday Mass has significant meaning, particularly during Lent and has a certain value in these times. To fill the gap, some will access various Catholic websites or TV networks but the Pastor and Parochial Vicar of Good Shepherd in Andover have gone one step further by streaming daily Mass from the church chapel each morning at 9AM. It's just the two of them with no one else present but it's a bit more realistic and meaningful than seeing a famous bishop or a someone from Rome celebrating Mass. For those interested, it's available on the parish website all day at https://goodshepherdrc.org or via their Facebook page.

DrBob DrBob
Mar '20

Nails salons are open ?

Coco is closed

Taphouse Grille is doing pick up/ delivery from 2pm-8pm.
We will be running specials and doing family size portions.
visit https://www.facebook.com/taphousehackettstown/ for updates!

Taphousegrille Taphousegrille
Mar '20

Dairy Queen is open for takeout -- food and ice cream.

Cuppa Cuppa
Mar '20

Affordable Vacuum 193 Main Street is OPEN

Dan Shortway Dan Shortway
Mar '20

Are all hair salons closed? Not that I’m going just wondering why they would t close

Htownlifer Htownlifer
Mar '20

Two nearby flat walking and biking parks are now closed (Riverfront Park and Field of Dreams). Does anyone know what flat riding parks or trails that are still accessible and could work for older, occasional bike riders who prefer not to ride on public roads or hilly mountain trails? Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Friend Friend
Mar '20

I meant to say why wouldn’t they close

Htownlifer Htownlifer
Mar '20

Our Home church, Trinity Methodist Church on Main St. in Hackettstown will be mainstreaming services also starting this week. The Presbyterian Church in town started this past Sunday doing that as well and I actually watched their service as was not able to get to my own church. This is wonderful for all of us. I am also not sure if the Nail and Hair Salons are closing..I am hearing many have from choice but I have already cancelled my person weekly hair appointments until further notice as I am trying very hard to be proactive and keep myself and my family safe in any way that I can..

joyful joyful
Mar '20

A male family member had an appointment for a hair cut yesterday at a not large salon in Morris County where he has had his hair cut for years. He got a call that all appointments were canceled and they were closed. It makes sense to me since in places like hair salons it's almost impossible to social distance.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Mar '20

Shop rite in Byram have NO available times for pick up or delivery. Ughhhhh! And I really hope all nail salons close. No one should be getting their nails done right now.

I think "mainstreaming" most likely means "livestreaming"..

I'm sure nail salons are closed - no way to maintain distance

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '20

Yes, it is live streaming, GC..Sorry...Either way...it is a wonderful thing to do especially for us oldsters who are now self quarantined during this time..

joyful joyful
Mar '20

Friend- the Columbia Trail is flat. Access off Schooley’s Mountain is probably closest. https://www.traillink.com/trail/columbia-trail/

Blackcat Blackcat
Mar '20

Thanks very much, Blackcat

Friend Friend
Mar '20

Pequest wildlife management area is open hiking. Many easy trails around the fish hatchery.

Indie Indie
Mar '20

Friend

You could also bike around Waterloo Village or the Sussex Branch Trail just North of there which follows the old railbed. The parking lot for it is on the left side of Waterloo Road at the intersection of Waterloo Road and Continental Drive as you head towards Rt. 206.

Stephens State Park is pretty flat on the gravel road between the main parking area and the Waterloo Valley Road entrance and you can continue on along Waterloo Valley Road for a while if you wish, though there are large dump trucks going in and out of there on occasion.

Phil D. Phil D.
Mar '20

Also the old L&H railroad bed is very flat. From Youngs Blood road in Allamuchy up into sussex county. Parking is also possible at the dpw garage behind old farm village. I have also seen a lot of hikers and bikers on shades of death road, they park at long bridge.

exphysics teacher
Mar '20

I was just at Sussex Branch Trail and it is wide open. The parking lot was packed!

For reals For reals
Mar '20

Starting tomorrow 3/19, the SR in Washington is reserving the hour of 7:30am to 8:30am for elderly and at-risk customers. They are open until 9:00pm. Sundays till 8:00pm.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Mar '20

With the restrictions on activities in place, why would towns close their parks. Were they too crowded?

Timmy
Mar '20

@Timmy: The towns want to promote social distancing for parents and kids. Plus, the coronavirus was found to live on plastic and stainless steel.

For reals For reals
Mar '20

The Grove on Willow Grove Street is open for curbside pickup! Call to place your order.

If you log on to ShopRite from Home to get a delivery time, your best bet is to log on early in the morning. It seems that they schedule them a week out, so if you log in early in the morning, the new day is available and more likely to have time slots. That's what I did...scheduled on this past Monday morning for next Sunday delivery.

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Mar '20

Empire Health Foods (in the IHOP Plaza) is open as usual for now. The number of customers in the store is limited and customers are asked to social distance themselves. Counters are cleaned after each customer and mail order and curbside pickup is available if desired.

Barbara Barbara
Mar '20

Are the golf courses open?

Iamrite Iamrite
Mar '20

Hot Bagels is open for pick up only. Support local businesses!

njbagels njbagels
Mar '20

Yes, it’s safe to order restaurant takeout during coronavirus outbreak, expert says

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/yes-its-safe-to-order-restaurant-takeout-during-coronavirus-outbreak-expert-says.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=njcomfood_sf&utm_content=nj_facebook_njcomfood&fbclid=IwAR2raYUOkRE67BG8dYtPuQiSwa5rER9xQVQsYrq9-rUJG40bw5a1-8TbAoA

I love Pizza I love Pizza
Mar '20

Re: What’s closed / What’s Open Inventory Covid - 19

Washington Diner is closing

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Mar '20

Has anyone been to Shoprite last night or this morning? I have not been since this all started and I need to go after work. Wondering if things are stocked again or am I going to have a tough time doing a normal weekly shopping?

My husband went last night & the store was easy to shop in but picked clean. They stock overnight so your best bet is to go in the morning

Ugh! Thank you. I was hoping that by now people would be fully stocked in their bunkers:) I guess I will just take what I can get when I get there.

Shop rite is stocked pretty good with food... but not toilet paper, paper towels etc

Booster90 Booster90
Mar '20

Dominos has half off pizzas.

Metsman Metsman
Mar '20

So glad to read the article about it being safe to order take out food- support local businesses if able!!!

sportsfan sportsfan
Mar '20

ShopRite and Walmart had food and fresh produce .... I did not see any T paper at either .... everyone can relax a little no need to panic ... I do believe we will be asked to shelter in place and see how many people have it so we can start the recovery

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Mar '20

SomeOne sent me a funny Facebook post: In 2050 a man uses the last roll of toilet paper that his parents bought in 2020

Kimberlysea Kimberlysea
Mar '20

at 10 this morning Weiss was stocked with chicken
In and out in 10 mins with self checkout

tigermom
Mar '20

From Governor Murphy regarding salons etc.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

I'm going to try and find a roaster chicken again tomorrow. Washington Shop Rite is reported to be well stocked except for TP, paper towels, soap and meat. No chicken at all as of 11:00 today. I hope they stock up overnight on meat.

I made this comment on a FB regarding all the meat being gone immediately after being restocked:

How big are these people's freezers?

I got this answer:

I work at Lowe's of Flanders. We sold out of all of our freezers also customers were buying several fridges each.

Well, the electric companies will not be going out of business. A sad state of affairs. Sigh....

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

Curious if we have/should have to pay for monthly fees during a state mandated closure?

Calico did you get the addresses of these people who are well stocked? Just so I know where to go when I run out of food

positive positive
Mar '20

LOL positive.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

The hoarding really needs to stop.

Consigliere
Mar '20

At some point they will probably call for a 14 day quarantine.. But we will still be able to go to the grocery store. We will all be able to buy food!

Ser positivo Ser positivo
Mar '20

They’re already doing a shelter in place in Hoboken.
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/hoboken-mayor-asks-entire-city-to-self-isolate-restricts-public-crowds-to-5-or-less/2331211/?amp

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Mar '20

Kohl’s temporarily closed all its stores nationwide today through at least April 1.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Mar '20

Apparently this stuff is pretty good - canned cooked meats and they're still shipping
https://keystonemeats.com/

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Mar '20

I just looked at the link, alpha1beta and everything seems to be out of stock. I didn't notice when they expect more...….but as of right now they are out of stock.

sandblaster sandblaster
Mar '20

I was able to get the last roaster chicken at Shop Rite in Washington. Was also able to get a package of chicken breast. No TP at all. Paper towels very low, but they had some single roll packs. One per person limit on paper goods. Low on eggs by the dozen, but they had many 18 packs. Lots of bread. No pork roll. Cleaning products very low.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

WHAT!!?? No pork roll? Now this IS getting bad. LOL. Luckily I always have some on hand for such an emergency.

By the way Calico, you meant Taylor Ham right? LMAO!!

Just back from SR Hackettstown.
Well stocked and orderly- busy.
Limits on a variety of items.
All in all, they seem to have a very good handle on it.
Hats off to them.
Employees are Spartans.

Stymie Stymie
Mar '20

Stymie -- did you notice if SR Hackettstown had those large packs of 12 or 20 rolls TP -- either Marcal or Scott brand?

happiest girl
Mar '20

Agree Stymie! Great job at Shop Rite considering the madness.

kimberlysea kimberlysea
Mar '20

Aisle just about empty.
I purchases one two pack of paper towels -just about gone- as well as one gal of bleach- almost gone also.

Stymie Stymie
Mar '20

Some fun math to do with your kids at home:

Avg # squares per roll of toilet paper: 500

500 squares x 24 rolls = 12,000 squares
avg 20 squares per poop = 12,000 / 20 = 600 poops

600 poops / family of 4 = 150 poops per person

150 poops per person / 14 days = 10.71 poops per day per person

Some of you bought way too much toilet paper or poop way too many times a day. LOL

Jim L Jim L
Mar '20

BID on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/B99G1o4HPS_/

Home Towne Hardware is open.
They have toilet paper, paper towels, Cleaning supplies, anti viral sprays.
Everything is in stock for your garden: Seeds, fertilizers, pots, pansies, etc.
Home Towne Hardware
232 Main Street
Hackettstown

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Mar '20

Hometowne Hardware is selling toilet paper for 2.99 per roll. They should be ashamed.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
Mar '20

For any price gouging, Hunterdon County Acting Prosecutor Michael J. Williams said, “Excessive price increases are defined as those that are more than 10% higher than the price at which merchandise was sold during the normal course of business prior to the state of emergency. If you believe these illegal practices are taking place, I urge you to contact the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs.”

www.NJConsumerAffairs.gov or contact the state Division of Consumer Affairs at 973-504-6240. Callers are asked to leave their name, contact information, nature of the complaint, and the name of the business and location.

Jules Jules
Mar '20

So that's at almost 100% of what it would cost at Walmart at the max price of 1.69. I think that might fit the definition of price gauging.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Mar '20

Based on a picture I saw on another thread, it's not regular rolls. Its extra large commercial ones. So not price gouging.

Seenit
Mar '20

They are single ply. Not a commercial size.

Asian Kitchen in both Mansfield and Washington closed

Lamppost Lamppost
Mar '20

Hackettstown Chinese closed

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '20

At applebees carside right now. They are way behind. Only 1 person running the food out. Wish i didnt pay upfront. Been waiting 45 minutes. Mamas lot is full btw!

Scott Scott
Mar '20

Weis had the boxes of pork roll in a small fridge in the aisle back by the coffee creamer - was there this afternoon.

Mrs. Resident Mrs. Resident
Mar '20

Are liquor stores closing for good? I mean until this virus is contained?

Outdoors Women
Mar '20

I think liquor stores may fall under essential businesses just as they do in NY.

Bhavik Bhavik
Mar '20

Most restaurants cut staff by 95%. If you think your Applebee's is essential you prob need to get your priorities straight. I know for a fact most are working with 1 cook 1 carside, who is usually a young host, and the management. Liquor stores will stay open for two reasons. Imagine all the alcholics flooding the system with withdrawal complications because they are shut down. If you think that's not a lot of people you are wrong. Second reason is people would eventually riot if they couldn't have something to take the edge off. If any one think this will blow over in 2 weeks you are wrong. We are in this for the Long haul and we are in this together. Do what you can to help others but keep yourself safe. You don't need 3 mega rolls of TP or 25 pounds of chicken this week. You don't need 25 rolls of Lysol wipes. You need to think.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Mar '20

Who said applebees was essential? Stop judging people and learn to read.

Scott Scott
Mar '20

Really Scott? Really?

Curlytoo Curlytoo
Mar '20

Unfortunately, liquor is essential until further notice. It calms down the masses. Keep them closed and a lot of wired people will be running loose...

My wife lucked out at at ShopRite Byram this morning as they were replenishing paper goods.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Mar '20

I was there an hour ago and it was gone.... And that is with a 1 paper product maximum. What did everyone show up at opening and take it all....

Metsman Metsman
Mar '20

Donaldson's will be opening on Wednesday.
Tranquility Farm's is open. Went last night for my produce. They had gloves and sanitzer out for customers to use.

happycamper happycamper
Mar '20

Yes. Really. I jumped on here to report what is open and was told my priorities arent straight for mentioning applebees. The poster also claimed that i think applebees is essential. So um yeah. That person was judgy and didnt read very well. Really.

Scott Scott
Mar '20

@happycamper more importantly than the produce.... Did Tranquility have Ice Cream??? Of course I am just teasing - but did they??

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '20

Was just at Tranquility. Lots of Ice Cream. Indoor Window open for Cones.

Thanks ead!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '20

Here's what retail businesses are allowed to stay open. This goes into effect at 9 pm on 3/21.

https://nj.gov/governor/news/news/562020/approved/20200320j.shtml

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

Liquor stores to stay open.

Not crazy about Murphy, but I do appreciate his Irish roots.....

positive positive
Mar '20

Are rental car companies considered essential? The state website does not list it but nj 101.5 website says they are

Hello Hello
Mar '20

@JrzyGirl88 they just announced that the ice cream window will close tonight at 9. Farms Stand will stay open. You can buy pints and quarts.

happycamper happycamper
Mar '20

then there's this

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '20

Thanks Happy!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '20

yup plenty of ice cream at Tranquility - and bags of fresh bagels- first time I've seen them there- and other good stuff - though there was a raid on meats so some things are temporarily out......................

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '20

Reading the list nj.gov it looks like restaurant will close as of tonight is that correct ??

The state website doesn't say anything about restaurants, but this NJ101.5 article says they can stay open for take out and delivery. Not sure which is correct.

https://nj1015.com/nj-shutdown-for-covid-19-heres-whats-closed-and-allowed-to-be-open/

Regarding the liquor stores, I'm sure the state doesn't want to lose the alcohol tax revenue.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

Calico696 Regarding the liquor stores I don't think the states wants to lose the revenue or the majority of the NJ population to lose their minds.

The web site NJ.com has an article listing which businesses are affected , or not, by the order to close.

JBJSKJ JBJSKJ
Mar '20

4catmom

That was funny. I guess that would be handy if you got a case of the nerves while proposing, or maybe as an extra incentive to state that you're a good provider, LOL!

Jim

Besides the tax income, you have to remember how the Soviet Socialist Republic kept people in line...the breadline may have run out of bread, but you always had vodka available.

Phil D. Phil D.
Mar '20

Thank goodness the liquor stores are staying open. LOL....

Metsman Metsman
Mar '20

The state also doesn't want to add to the hospital overcrowding with those who would go through withdrawals.

Mel81 Mel81
Mar '20

PA closed all of their liquor stores. I guess their governor is not Irish. Lol. Anyway, PA residents are crossing over the free bridge to attend to their needs.

positive positive
Mar '20

Is Dunkin' Donuts going to be open for take out still? Does that count as a "restaurant"? I need my caffeine, and the stuff I make at home isn't the same!

Mark Perez Mark Perez
Mar '20

Pa liquor stores did close, they arevall state ownes. But beer distributors are still open! Guess beer is necessary, but not liquor!

I will be outside but I will also be observing the stay at home directive. Primarily because as you said RU, the numbers are going to fall apart next week and I really don’t know who is sick and who is not so for the protection of me and my family I choose to stay home but like you will be outside. Enjoy the fresh air and get some zen in you life today, we could all use some.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Mar '20

Enjoy the fresh air indeed. And on the plus side, the air has likely never been cleaner in our lifetime with the huge drop in cars on American roads recently.

Eperot Eperot
Mar '20

Bottle King closed today for cleaning. Open tomorrow for home delivery and curbside pickup only.

Mr. Resident Mr. Resident
Mar '20

I was at Bottle King yesterday & it was a zoo! Everyone was stocking up. Glad it will still be open but in a much safer way.

Just left Petsmart in Mt. Olive- It was empty - because you can order online and they will bring the order to your car..............Wish I had known that before I went.....................

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '20

Don’t essential businesses need to close at 8 pm ? Like take out restaurants?

Ziggy Ziggy
Mar '20

Why are golf courses still open?

Goldfinch Goldfinch
Mar '20

"Don’t essential businesses need to close at 8 pm ? Like take out restaurants?"

All the restaurants I have seen posting on FB etc. have their hours ending at 8 pm.

"Why are golf courses still open?"

I would assume because it's an outdoor activity and a foursome is less than 10 people gathering.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

But yet all the town parks are closed...even walking paths

Bug3
Mar '20

In answer to MB question on other thread about Starbucks - the one in Hackettstown on 57 is closed according to their website

https://www.starbucks.com/store-locator/store/1005220/hackettstown-nj-1885-route-57-hackettstown-nj-078403477-us

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '20

Hot Bagels was open today.

Dairy Queen is open.

Hopeful Hopeful
Mar '20

Starbucks is opened from 6am-6pm
Drive thru only

H-Town Mama H-Town Mama
Mar '20

Plenty of other places to walk - Stephens, Evergreen Trail, Kittatinny..................and much more

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '20

While the parks closing is a bummer...how about just walking through a neighborhood?

Route 46
Mar '20

State Parks open - no fee- for passive. Boat ramp open at Spruce Run- walked that park today.
Old RR grade from Waterloo to Cranberry Lake yesterday.
Ken Lockwood tomorrow.
Work shut down, gym closed- gotta keep moving.

Stymie Stymie
Mar '20

I saw cars and people at alumni today when I drove past on my way to Stephen state.. is it actually closed or were people there “illegally”?

@Stymie- what is the old RR grade?

Camper Camper
Mar '20

GOLDFINCH: Farmstead closed as of yesterday. Mine brook is money hungry. I certainly hope they follow the rules.

Bernie Bernie
Mar '20

Camper

He means the Sussex Branch Rail-Trail I believe.

Phil D. Phil D.
Mar '20

Correct Phil.
If you hike it, suggest you bring a camera or IPhone- some very picturesque spots.

Stymie Stymie
Mar '20

"Mine brook is money hungry."

That's kind of an obnoxious statement. I would think most small businesses that are staying open are doing so just to stay afloat, not because they're money hungry. Especially a seasonal business like a golf course. Minebrook closed their clubhouse and just left the golf course open.

Jim L Jim L
Mar '20

Camper- The Alumni area (much of it) is state land and open to walk. Riverfront and the trails in the woods are closed.

Page 17 on the tax map indicates the areas.

It is a shame walking trails are closed, but I guess they can't enforce proper use of the park?

Are the banks' lobbies open or drive through only?

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Mar '20

It depends upon the bank. I got an e-mail from PNC last week stating that appointments would be available for transactions that couldn't be handled via telephone, drive-up, or online.

Courtney1 Courtney1
Mar '20

TGM Services is open They are responding to emergency HVAC, plumbing, and electric repair s

Shomgum Sporteman Club Closed till further notice.

YO Jim L go read "Golf Advisor". Also notice other local golf courses are closing. NOT Minebrook as of this moment.

You go golf there and pay the money. Hope you don't get too close to the guy you ride with in the cart !!!.

Bernie Bernie
Mar '20

Golf courses that are open are supposed to be via no carts, so as to allow social distancing.

The governor has closed golf courses. Playing golf is not an essential recreation activity. State golf association confirmed that yesterday. You cannot play golf. No matter the Club or course. If minebrook is truly open, they are breaking the law. Maintenance work are allowed to work on the course though.

Ordained
Mar '20

5 more categories of businesses have been added that can remain open:

Mobile phone retail and repair shops
Bicycle shops, but only to provide service and repairs
Livestock feed stores
Nurseries and garden stores
Farming equipment

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Mar '20

Apparently, the national park at the Water Gap is open for hikers too. Even though it was coned-off, it was parked up cheek to jowl like it was the 4th of July and must have been a$$hole to elbow crowded on the trail. Just can't imagine social distancing on that thin trail...….do people march 6 feet off the trail to let others pass? What's the time limit to enter someone else's past space as they pass by and you resume your trek? Just amazing and even though the state police were zooming by on Rt 80, the parked cars in plan sight from the highway ---- they were there for at least the 4 hours between my coming and going. Just amazing.

FYI -- Shoprite of Stroudsburg is 5 miles in from the Gap and very easy access, like maybe ten blocks from the highway. They had pickup slots available......

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Mar '20

Franks Pizza in Hackettstown has sadly closed.

Chester Shop Rite opens at 7am. They request from 7am to 8am for seniors or other people in high risk groups.

Also, the Chester Meat Market opens at 8am. Pretty well stocked this morning, just waiting for their delivery of chicken this morning. Plenty of beef and seafood tho as of this morning.

thomasnj thomasnj
Mar '20

Hometown Hardware closed temporarily :(

auntiel auntiel
Mar '20

Does anyone know of any ShopRite or other large store chains in our surrounding area that are setting aside an hour or so during the day for only seniors to do their grocery shopping.

Our local Hackettstown ShopRite and Weis are not.
Thanks

Margaret Margaret
Mar '20

I believe someone posted Walmart 6-7a.m. Tuesdays for seniors.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Mar '20

Washington shoprite 730-830 am for seniors.

Wawa on Mountain Ave is open and has added DoorDash for delivery during certain hours daily

Shoprite in Washington had some paper products back in stock today and overall in good stock conditions for meat and other staples

Let's please support our local food businesses. They are slowly closing. If we don't order anything they can close and possibly permanently and that's so awful for this community.

Byram shopite is trying to dedicate the fist 2 hous in the morning for seniors,BUT they are not forbidding others.

exphysics teacher
Mar '20

Franks in Hackettstown is OPEN until 8:00p.m. tonight. I spoke to Franks about 3 minutes ago. They are OPEN. Address: 80 Main Street; next to Shop rite Liquors. (908)955-9390

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Mar '20

Donaldson's has opened. They have two time slots for seniors and people with disabilities , Wednesdays 11-12:30 and 3:30-5. They also have PHONE ORDERS / CURBSIDE PICK UP - You may place an order via phone for curbside pick up. Please call 908-852-9122 x1

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Mar '20

Now that’s creative; thank you Donaldsons!

Hopefully Others will follow; it’s brilliant. Let me call, order, pay online, drop it in my car and I’m off!

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Mar '20

I just placed an order with Donaldson's by phone. She actually did the shopping as I told her what I needed.

whocares whocares
Mar '20

Just stopped at the Shop-Rite in Rockaway (Dover) on Route 46, in the event any of you are down that way they are fully stocked except for many cleaning products and hand sanitzers

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '20

Starbucks has new hours 8am-12pm

H-Town Mama H-Town Mama
Mar '20

Enchanted Chocolate in Hasting's Square is open for curbside pick-up.

I spoke with the owner today and they have plenty of Easter candy.

I informed my wife, who happens to love their chocolate, and am now under orders to add a chocolate rabbit to her usual gift....in the spirit of helping local businesses, of course.

Bruno's pizza is also open for take-out. If you and your family are stuck at home, you can always take the local pizzeria challenge and vote for who's best.

Szechuan Royale appears to be closed until April 1st.

The bridge closure on Schooley's Mountain Rd. hit the businesses there pretty hard even before the Covid-19 shutdowns.

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Mar '20

Does anybody know if Lab corp is open for walk in blood tests?

Bug3
Mar '20

We got our usual Bruno’s pizza Friday. She said they were told it may just be another week or so for the bridge

Blackcat Blackcat
Mar '20

Bug3 - I think you need to make an appointment now. I did get an email from them and here is a link to their website for patients during the covid-19 crisis.

https://www.labcorp.com/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/patient-information

Lynnada Lynnada
Mar '20

Bug, I believe they are "only" processing folks that are truly ill and sent by their doctor....I would think at this point , walk ins would be discouraged.

steven steven
Mar '20

It seems like the operative words for many of the small businesses in Hastings and elsewhere are "call first" or"check their social media page."

Many of the specialty shops (like chocolate, phone repair, etc.) that are still permitted to operate are not open for public access, but you can still arrange to get their products and services.

With regard to picking up food for take-out, it is always best to call ahead so you are in-and-out instead of awkwardly waiting/social-distancing. Some places will just not let you in and you will have to wait in your car.

The larger stores are rolling out signs and floor decals to remind their customers of the "new normal" for this pandemic.

We are living in memorable times.

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Mar '20

Went to Chick-Fil-A in phillipsburg, they were packed for drive through and curbside pickup. I had to drive almost an hour roundtrip to support a franchise we will never have in town.

Steve Steve
Mar '20

Mama's is selling make at home pizza kits. Sounds like a fun project for the kids.
Includes 2 balls of dough, sauce, cheese, and a surprise gift. $10.
They can accommodate gluten free requests.

happiest girl
Mar '20

Pandan Room open for takeout.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Mar '20

Anyone know why Wawa on Mountain Ave. is closed - went by on 3/26 ~5:30 pm - cones in gas pump aisles - no prices on sign + store appears to be closed. Dunkin' on Mountain Ave. also appeared to be closed.

SS2cats SS2cats
Mar '20

A gas attendant tested positive at Wawa. They closed to disinfect the store and pumps.
Could be quite an issue with the contact with customers and their cards for payment. I do know they were wearing gloves however.

DD on Mountain Ave closes at 5PM now.

Way to go Mama's....a jewel of Hackettstown. They always step up in bad times and good!

The Hipster The Hipster
Mar '20

Davilla's on Main St. has been doing the "pizza kit" since last week as well.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

Great dinner- picked up at Mattars

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '20

Enzos in Mansfield has been doing pizza kits too. Got two last week kids had a great time.

Hockey mom Hockey mom
Mar '20

Still no toilet paper. We can milk cows faster than we can make toilet paper.

Sue Heck Sue Heck
Mar '20

Can anyone give an update as to how well Shoprite is now stocked on goods including meats and frozen foods? I haven't had to shop in awhile and need to venture out within the next day or two.

sportsfan sportsfan
Mar '20

Meats are in good supply.

Paper goods and anything disinfecting are still out.

Sue Heck Sue Heck
Mar '20

I was at Shop Rite on Wednesday around 9:30AM. They were low on TP, but still had some. Same w/paper towels No limits on milk, but there was a sign saying it wasn’t being made in quarts or pints anymore, and they had plenty. Limits on ground beef & chicken - you could buy 2. There were some SR brand disinfecting wipes. I didn’t need bread or hand sanitizer, so I don’t know about those. I was able to get everything on my list, including tortillas for my sister who couldn’t find any by her. Of course, this was 2 days ago. One can only keep their fingers crossed that it will stay like this or move closer toward ‘normal’.

TiffanyTwisted TiffanyTwisted
Mar '20

Yesterday am, SRite on 31 had very little frozen vegi, only a few brand names, no TP, plenty of meats and produce (low on tomatoes). Good luck

Roywhite Roywhite
Mar '20

I don't know about today, but Walmart had toilet paper and paper towels on Wednesday and Thursday of this week.

Woke 2020
Mar '20

Thank you everyone!

sportsfan sportsfan
Mar '20

Just got back from Washington Shop Rite. It's bizarre there.

They had some toilet paper and paper towels. Limit one per person. Still couldn't get any pork roll. They had a little, but it was the tangy one. My husband doesn't like that one. Tried get low sodium chicken broth, no dice. Meat was in good supply. Squares of blue tape on the floor showing were to stand. Can't interact with deli people at all. Have to use the ordering kiosk. Cashiers behind shields like bank tellers.

I would pay handsomely be be able to go sit at a bar somewhere. Are there any states at all where bars and restaurants are still open? Might be time for a trip.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

I'm with you on that Calico!

Give it a little of time, plenty of time in the future for that...

+1 on that. Expect numbers to be more of the same for awhile. Take er slow on this one.

Mar '20

I have cut back to a trickle :) Alcohol consumption lowers your immunity...

@Calico Weis slices Taylor ham at the deli counter $9.99lb last time I was there.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '20

"Alcohol consumption lowers your immunity..."

Nonsense. I think the last time I had a cold was 2005.

It looks like even Idaho and Wyoming are closed too. Oh well, looks like we are staying here for now.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

"@Calico Weis slices Taylor ham at the deli counter $9.99lb last time I was there."

Thanks. If I get out that way, I will stop in.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

weeanimal had his first taste of Taylor Pork Roll this morning... I picked up a 24-oz mini log last week. Costco had the 6-lb anaconda and it was Case, which I actually prefer... but refrigerator space management required careful thought and practical judgement, so I had to settle, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '20

Alcohol is the world's greatest antiseptic... and the antidote for antifreeze poisoning, so there's that.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '20

Has anyone been to Shoprite this week after 7pm? Curious if they are able to keep milk, bread on shelves at that hour.

Mamas is open for takeout/curbside pickup. Just had a wonderful meal and was able to pay over phone and they delivered it to me in my car.

sportsfan sportsfan
Mar '20

are Manskirt and the other breweries in town open for growler refills?

ianimal ianimal
Mar '20

Yes they are open for pick up only

I read no refills. You must purchase a new growler for the time being. That was Czig, but assuming all following suit

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Mar '20

Yes shoprite is usually well stocked on milk and bread after 7. Only real issues still are canned beans/veggies. Household cleaners and paper products.

shopper
Mar '20

I don't know how accurate this site is, but it seems to indicate what local Targets have in stock.

https://www.instok.org/search

maja2 maja2
Mar '20

Link actually lists stock at a bunch of stores. I didn't scroll down far enough.

maja2 maja2
Mar '20

Yea unfortunately it can't be kept up to date fast enough. I tried some that said they had it today, none did. Also the lady at Walgreens actually said it might be 6 to 12 months before they get more hand sanitizer.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Mar '20

First Presbyterian Church will be live streaming their 10 am worship service again tomorrow morning. It can be accessed from the church's facebook page: First Presbyterian Church Hackettstown.

summerrain1 summerrain1
Mar '20

"Also the lady at Walgreens actually said it might be 6 to 12 months before they get more hand sanitizer."

Maybe not, distilleries have been cranking it out.

https://parade.com/1011922/jerylbrunner/distilleries-making-hand-sanitizer/

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

I agree; 6 to 12 months would require some other breakdown. Or inability to get it cuz everyone else nabbing it first. Very doubtful.

China starting the factories back up after a couple of months. Not sure what production level they’re at. We aren’t even closing ours down.

Mar '20

What happened to Pizza Hut by Piggy’s?

justwondering justwondering
Mar '20

Moe’s looks like it’s temporarily closed

Anyone know of a Chinese restaurant still delivering in the area?

Hungry for noodles
Mar '20

Washington Shop Rite is now limiting the number of people allowed in the store at one time. They will only allow for 30% of capacity, whatever that number is. Others have to wait on line outside.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

Couldn’t they just tell us the number instead of trying to solve for x?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Mar '20

Get your IT people to build a reservation system. Putting people in queue is just asking for trouble.

Good time to be a boomer, OK?

Mar '20

They should state what the maximum occupancy is before or after they start what percentage would be let in.

Also, the average occupancy of a grocery is probably only 25-30% Of the maximum at any given time besides Saturday and Sunday. I’ve been in grocery stores at off peak hours that may have had 5% of the allowed occupancy.

Consigliere
Mar '20

3wb - Exactly. I hope people who have difficulty standing for periods of time are given priority.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

Once at capacity, maybe you should be able to drive/walk up, have cart person or someone hand you a number, and then show that number on sign at door when it's time. Avoids lines, works for deli, it's a process they are used to...…

Anything but a queue

Mar '20

Chester Shoprite is limiting to 30% as well.

Thomasnj Thomasnj
Mar '20

I think you can all just relax and let ShopRite figure it out. They have stepped up to this challenge and are doing a great job. As a community, we really owe them for how they’ve reacted. I’m sure this is just one of MANY challenges they are needing to work out.

I agree Res, they are heroes IMO. It’s just that a long queue outside the store does not sound pretty. I just hope the reduced capacity works. Additionally, I don’t think they have expanded the pickup reservations which seems the safest way to go for both customers and employees. Basically sold out.

Hey, I’m a senior, they carved a special window out for me, that’s great !

Hang in there folks, we have a number of weeks to go. Lets flatten that curve, even if we escape the heavy damage, some Easterners may need our Hospital beds.

Mar '20

It seems like the horse has already left the barn. We are starting down a very slippery slope with these lines. Before you know it, we’ll only be allowed to shop on even/odd calendar days like the gas crisis in the 70s.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Mar '20

"We are starting down a very slippery slope with these lines. Before you know it, we’ll only be allowed to shop on even/odd calendar days like the gas crisis in the 70s."

Spot on. All part of the fear mongering agenda to create more panic, panic, panic.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

Exactly why I’m taking my business to other stores. I don’t understand why anyone would stand in line like that. There are other grocery stores.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Mar '20

Trinity UMC Hackettstown Streaming Via Facebook Live on Sunday mornings 9:15 and then uploaded to their website. Scripture readings and links to watch https://www.catchthespirit.org/online-worship/.

The Lord's Pantry is still open, you can call the office in the mornings to check or ask for more information. Accepting food donations at Church Office (yellow building 213 Main Street) next to Church. Simply bag and leave on front porch. 908-852-3020

Melissa Melissa
Mar '20

My last 2 trips (yesterday included)
To Shoprite we’re about 1.5 hours before closing.
No crowd- actually pretty empty store.
Well stocked - except the usual items- quick check out.
Hats off to Shoprite Mgt and their SPARTAN employees.

Stymie Stymie
Mar '20

For theater lovers, while Centenary Stage is closed down, they had shows, rehearsals, sets all in progress. For those of us with tickets, we can exchange, credit, get reimbursed OR donate them as a charitable deduction. Or do what I will do, just donate! It's a hidden community gem, let's pitch in! Let's support our local stage craft.

Here's the "what to do" page: http://www.centenarystageco.org/ticket-policies

And to donate: https://tickets.centenarystageco.org/TheatreManager/1/login?donation=0

Mar '20

"Additionally, I don’t think they have expanded the pickup reservations which seems the safest way to go for both customers and employees. Basically sold out."

That has been VERY frustrating for me. I do not understand why they're not putting more resources there where their employees and the public will have less potential for exposure. The last pick up order I was able to place, which I picked up from the Byram Shop Rite a week ago, I expected a ZOO since all reservations have been sold out every single day and there were maybe 1 or 2 other cars picking up while we waited. And, still, there is no reason for the grocery insanity.

somechick1 somechick1
Mar '20

Washington Shop Rite has revised their hours.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

Washington Shoprite limits number of customers allowed inside

ShopRite limits number of customer inside stores to slow spread of coronavirus
More than two dozen ShopRites throughout New Jersey are limiting the number of customers allowed inside at one time to help slow the spread of coronavirus. At least 27 stores posted announcements on their Facebook pages about the new policy, which...
https://www.nj.com/news/2020/03/shoprite-limits-number-of-customer-inside-stores-to-slow-spread-of-coronavirus.html

Bug3
Mar '20

Great experience at Washington Shop Rite this morning. Only 1 item on my list was unavailable for me, fantastic. Be flexible with brands and for the most part, well stocked. The shopping was well organized and everyone is keeping their distance. Thank you to Shop Rite and all their workers for being there for us.

Mar '20

“Additionally, I don’t think they have expanded the pickup reservations which seems the safest way to go for both customers and employees. Basically sold out."

They can’t expand. They don’t have the manpower to fill more orders.

Susan
Mar '20

I haven’t been able to get a time slot at the Washington Shop Rite for weeks.
I have even stayed up till 1:00 a.m. trying to find even 1 spot available.
No luck so far.

Spring fever Spring fever
Mar '20

Was at mansfield Shoprite this AM (about 10am). They had everything stocked, even meat. Sorry still no paper products LOL. But plenty of everything else. Wasn't busy. And you only had to wait to checkout if you wanted to BE checked out... zero wait at self-checkout, and there's NO LIMIT on self checkouts... full carts are welcome.

Mar '20

Pet Valu, on the other hand.... only TWO (!!) customers allowed in the store, and you cannot shop... you tell them what you want and they go get it for you.

Mar '20

"Pet Valu, on the other hand.... only TWO (!!) customers allowed in the store, and you cannot shop... you tell them what you want and they go get it for you."

That's ridiculous.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

I asked the Security Guard at Washington Shop Rite what the capacity was, he said "250". So, I am guessing that the are allowing approx 80 shoppers in there at a time, which depending on when your going, is not all that many people.

They did have most everything in stock, as most have mentioned, except paper products.

Don't bother trying to find Vitamin C there either, been sold out of that since this started.

I was able to go at an off hour, 1p, so I am sure that helps, I was able to walk right in, and the security guard has a clicker to count how many are currently in the store.

They still have plenty of things to get you through this food wise. Self Checkout was no issue. They have the plexiglass dividers at the cashier area.

You can only go in and out at one entrance, the one closest to Rt.31 now, so be aware in case your used to parking on the other side of the lot.

It is under control there. I used gloves, saw a few people with masks on also, but that is a personal preference, for now.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Mar '20

can anyone make a suggestion who the most available would be for home delivery?
I live on main street, partially disabled with an autoimmune disease. Thank you.
if someone is able to shop for me I would pay you to do so

Gloves don’t stop the spread of the virus. If you get it on your gloves you are still touching stuff and spreading it. Masks work because it stops the virus from getting into your mouth and nose. I saw people wearing gloves and then touch their face and my eye rolled back into my head.

Jim L Jim L
Mar '20

Just placed my 1st Bottle King order for curbside pickup. How bizarre all this is...

Mar '20

Rose, I signed up for Shipt about a week ago, and still no delivery slots open there. If they don't come through eventually, I'll be existing entirely on Amazon, Omaha Steaks, and Vitamin Shoppe.

Omaha Steaks is actually really good for frozen food, but it took about ten days to deliver.

Courtney1 Courtney1
Mar '20

I should also mention that Omaha Steaks has chicken, pork, seafood, desserts, side dishes, etc.

Courtney1 Courtney1
Mar '20

Praise be, Shipt just came through!!! I've got a delivery window for tomorrow night, but it could come earlier.

Courtney1 Courtney1
Mar '20

oh no, I was just about to put in an order for Friendly's and wondered why our store doesn't come up when I enter the zip code. Go to Google and it says temporarily closed. I hope it is because business is slow and not that a positive person showed up. Also, I know they've had money issues for a while, I really hope this doesn't put them out. It's a great place for families with kids!

Just A Neighbor
Mar '20

Gun stores now considered essential businesses. Governor Murphy reopens them after the DHS deems them essential.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/gun-shops-are-now-considered-essential-businesses-in-nj-gov-murphy-says.html

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

But limiting hours and appointment only.

He probably deserves a legal pushback on that as well. Thinly veiled dick move and probably wouldn’t stand up.

Yes, he will get legal push back for sure. Can't wait to make an appointment. Hubby and I have 4 guns on our list that we are ready to purchase ASAP.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

Is NICS still down? It was, I read it crashed due to so many people buying guns when this all started. You need NICS to purchase any forearm, of course.

Mar '20

"The updates to executive order 107 include the closing of golf courses as recreational businesses. "
from nj.com

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Mar '20

Murphy froze NICS and has since reinstated it . Gun stores are also allowed to operate again ..but I think you need an appointment.
The NICS wait will still be days. I waited 3 days for my background check to come through and that was before the freeze.

Just A Neighbor - Friendly’s is most likely a temporary closure, they were open for carryout for the first week of restrictions but did not bring in a ton of revenue that way. It is hard to pay staff with such a significant cut to business. No employees tested positive. Hopefully we can get our ice cream fix again at the end of all this!

I don't understand.................If we are staying home .......presumably with family......and just going out for very basic necessities..................why are so many so concerned about getting more guns right now? Is there something I haven't read about/

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '20

BLACKSTONES 86 US-46, Hackettstown, NJ 07840 ITS OPEN for take out

Google has "temporary closed" but it is not. Just another web screw up. Not good for the business person. Tried to have it changed and Google is not responding.

blackstonesgrillandbar.com

ALSO they are open 7 days a week. Today is our anniversary and we just had two of the best steaks we ever had. Take out of course. Just an FYI in these troubling times. Great Pizza too. Daily specials and no frozen veggies, real food. Enjoy!

AAMCO of Hackettstown is open and prepared to assist with car repairs. We have undertaken necessary procedures to ensure we protect your health and the health of our employees, including a new car intake process to be as close to a “touch free” drop off as possible. Our employees are sanitizing regularly and have implemented social distancing guidelines recommended by the CDC. We appreciate your trust and will continue to do what it takes to make certain your vehicle is ready to go when you are.

AAMCO of Hackettstown remains open to assist with the essential vehicle repair needs of our community.
We’re here to help when you need us! 

Mark Elbaum Mark Elbaum
Mar '20

Just came back from Tranquility Farms to pick up essentials(yes bread, milk and eggs)..They have curb side pickup, not crowded. Felt very comfortable even though we have been isolated for the last three weeks.

exphysics teacher
Mar '20

FEDEX tracking kinda stinks and it may be an artifact of cabin fever, because I am just loving watching the UPS man get closer and closer on the GPS map tracking system. Thank you UPS for making deliveries fun. And quit stopping at the deli......move on :>)

A n t I c I p a t I o n is keeping me waiting......

Mar '20

"why are so many so concerned about getting more guns right now?"

I don't think it's so much public looking to buy guns, but allowing the business owners who make a living by selling them to continue to make money so they can feed themselves, keep a roof over their heads, all that stuff that anybody just wants to do to survive comfortably.

somechick1 somechick1
Mar '20

"I don't think it's so much public looking to buy guns"

I think that's still a big part of it, what with police staffing going down (due to illness) and various states (including NJ) releasing inmates back into the wild.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '20

Yup, what Mark said.

"back into the wild" LMAO

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

I can understand your panic driving you to protect yourself with more and more guns, but probably not best to be fear mongering without some facts. Conjecture and imagination can run wild in these times for sure.

First, as far as I can tell, while 163 State Police are positive, 700 self-quarantined for safety, and thousands are out for other reasons, I can find no confirmation for your claim of less State Police or local police presence on the street. I can find evidence that since the lockdown, we have less crime. Some of this is due to police avoiding lower level crime arrests, sounds like a good idea for the moment. Would rather have a healthy cop than a pot smoker in jail right now. Here's my source: https://www.officer.com/covid-19/news/21131738/new-jersey-crime-plummets-as-police-pull-back-during-coronavirus-crisis

Would love to see yours.

Second, looks like up to 1,000 low-level inmates will be released although I think the current number is 800 or less, right now. Low-level is the key, although we all know the issues with the judgements here. Not one of these criminals is know to come from our area. We just don't know. But I think to imagine a hoard of criminals recently released raping and pillaging Warren County while most of you are in complete disbelief as to the seriousness of this virus......amusing to say the least.

So, if you need more guns on top of what you already own; it sure seems like a bit of a panic IMO over unfounded fears at this point. But it's a free country, feel free to be afraid.

Mar '20

"But it's a free country, feel free to be afraid"

Indeed. That's the the entire country thanks to the mainstream media, since this began.

Mar '20

So, if you need more toilet paper on top of what you already own; it sure seems like a bit of a panic IMO over unfounded fears at this point. But it's a free country, feel free to be afraid. I had to do it SD you made it so easy. LOL

auntiel auntiel
Mar '20

"Would love to see yours."

LOL, you just posted it yourself! Crime is down because police aren't responding to crimes. It's a self fulfilling prophecy!

"Not one of these criminals is know to come from our area."

According to this, there are/were 12 potential (with 6 being objected to by prosecutors) in Warren County, and 23 (with 5 objections) in Morris County. I'd consider those two counties to be your area.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/n-j-releasing-almost-500-inmates-from-county-jails-to-prevent-coronavirus-outbreak-behind-bars.html

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '20

I have no panic, just common sense. Low level criminals tend to be thieves. We just want to protect our property. Plus it's an excuse to buy more toys. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

Now that's a good reason Calico, and honest.

Mark,
No, crime is down --- one reason, according to the article, and not the only reason, according to the article, is as you stated. But even not counting that, crime is down.

Great data --- and not exactly a reason to buy a gun --- wow, six guys or as Calico says re Warren County coronavirus cases (68): no reason to panic.....or be afraid....

Let's move on!!!! We all know it's open season for guns. Let's move on.

strangeranger strangeranger
Mar '20

"Let's move on!!!! We all know it's open season for guns. Let's move on."

LOL. Right.

Mar '20

A large number of people are out of work, many soon out of money.

Won't take much for some of them to turn to dishonest ways.

Doesn't take a high % of them to turn before it becomes something worthy of concern.

Josh - True. Someone might try to steal my TP. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

Really, Josh - do you count yourself among those who would turn from honest good citizens to thieves?

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '20

Thank you Kat! ooo Tranquility Farms is open! I can get ice cream there! YUM!

Just A Neighbor
Mar '20

For buying online in bulk, boxed.com, Sort of hit and miss as to what they have, but if you like something.......a lot....might be for you. Seems to be reviewed well.

Mar '20

Beginning today Walmart will limit the number of customers who can be in a store at once. Stores will now allow no more than five customers for each 1,000 square feet at a given time, roughly 20% of a store’s capacity.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Apr '20

Great so shopping is going to start becoming an all day event if you have to wait on line....

Metsman Metsman
Apr '20

Good to hear that changes are being made at Walmart. I was there yesterday - they had sections closed down while employees loaded shelves (to keep the customers away until they finished) which was a good thing. However, the employees were working in groups and very close to each other - definitely not six feet from each other. These people were working very hard doing their jobs, they need a supervisor to remind them to be safe. They also needs to be more consistency wiping the self serve check-out areas down between each customer - they seem to have the disinfectant to do so as I do see bottles by the carts.

Treetops Treetops
Apr '20

Bryam Shoprite has signs limiting their capacity to 150 people. Not sure if that is a total number or if that is specific to shoppers.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Apr '20

Flanders SR started limiting people yesterday- not sure how many though.
Just hand sewed my first mask. Had to hand sew it because I can’t figure out how to thread my machine. I’m sure I have time to You Tube that now...

Blackcat Blackcat
Apr '20

I don't know for sure how accurate the info is, as I saw it on FB yesterday....we all know that not everything you see on their is true.

It stated that Mansfield shoprite will be limiting the number of people that are allowed in the store at one time. Security will be at the door counting the number of people going in and out. When someone leaves someone else can go in.

Social distancing will only work if it's applied everywhere and even though I may have to wait to get in, I'm glad they are going to start doing this. It's impossible to stay 6ft away from someone when the store is loaded with people.

I just keep reminding myself this isn't going to be forever...…...this isn't going to be forever.

Metsman……..you always look on the bright side of things...keep up the good work.

sandblaster sandblaster
Apr '20

Mets...you still think this virus is a “hoax”? Think again, my friend. Be safe.

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Apr '20

Went to Comcast yesterday to pay my bill at the kiosk machine thing in Port Murray, and the employee there said they are closing for 4 months. Not sure if that's true, but just passing it along!

Guilty-Remnant where in my statement did the word hoax pop up?

I went today. I walked right in. Half the people were dressed as bandits. I'm not worried about anything. Half the cases are asymptomatic and a tiny percentage are dying. Myself and my family have no conditions. For all I know I have already had it. I'm sure infected people touched goods at Shoprite. Italy and Spain are leveling off and we're about 2 weeks behind them. I'm not going to live my life in fear. People die of a variety of things in huge numbers each year. We're following the guidelines. My wife is still going to work. I am working from home. I go out for necessities that's it.

Metsman Metsman
Apr '20

I was at ShopRite on Friday and they were limiting the people that were coming in. I had to wait in line, but it moved quickly.

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Apr '20

I'm with Mets on this one.

Apr '20

Amazon seems to be stocking commercial toilet paper as the demand at business locations has fell off a cliff. Search it if you are running low.

Walmart and Target have upgraded their websites so that mail order is somewhat more available. Walmart though is in bait-n-switch mode as you mail order stuff and it "magically" becomes pick-up at store only with no delivery option available before you finalize. Bogus, abort, abort......

Also love these sites where you put in your ccard and then they seize it so you have to 1) order via ccard 2) go to profile 3) delete ccard so that it does not remain in your profile awaiting the next biggest hack...... Come on IT guys, let us make the save/no save decision at order. Whose life are you simplifying?

Peace out.

Apr '20

This thread is for posting about what is open and what is closed. Off topic posts will be removed.

Apr '20

The First Presbyterian Church will continue to live stream services during this Holy Week. Their Maundy Thursday service, with virtual communion, will begin at 7:30 pm (organ preludes begin 15 minutes earlier) and the Easter service will begin at 10 am on Sunday morning. The services are streamed through the church's facebook page: First Presbyterian Hackettstown.

summerrain1 summerrain1
Apr '20

Hong Kong Palace on Mountain Ave. seems to be open for takeout. They posted their takeout menu on their facebook page, but it's also at www.hkpalace.com

Phil D. Phil D.
Apr '20

Tracey's Candy Shop is open Monday thru Saturday for pick-ups. Got my Easter treats this past weekend.

https://www.traceyscandyshoppe.com/

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Apr '20

Thanks on Tracey's ---- anyone find a way to see what's available there? Facebook seems lacking....

I have a question about shipments in general ---- you know how you get that bubble wrap, but its the HUGE bubbles, like small pillows ---- does anyone know if shippers buy that with air in it OR put the air in themselves??? As I was popping them to trash, I wondered ----- am I just aireolsizing yesterdays sneezes?

Now if you're a Sam's Club sort of shopper or have a dozen kids.......

Got my Boxed.com the other day ---- huge chewy.com like box, but incredibly well packed. If you want case lots, like 24 packages of mac and cheese, they are a well-reviewed source and delivery was good. https://www.boxed.com/

Trying ShopriteDelivers which promises the same deal. So, if want cases of popcorn snack packs......yet another source. They also offer great deals on what looks like last years models for small appliances like Dyson dust busters: https://www.shopritedelivers.com/

Enjoy in bulk!!!

Apr '20

Governor Murphy announced that effective at 8pm on Tuesday, April 7, 2020, all state parks and forests will be closed until further notice. This full closure includes all park lots, grounds, facilities, trails, playgrounds.

Should also note that county parks are closed as well.

That sucks but I guess it needs to be done.

Yikes! I hope they don't close Oxford Lake. Going walk there in a bit and check out if it's open.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '20

Close the stores like Home Depot, shop rite etc. What is the point of closing trails but not stores?

ShopRite and HD are open so people can buy food and make necessary repairs to their homes. The bigger question is why not just close all parks? The people that go to the state and county parks will spill over into the town parks making a bad situation worse.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Apr '20

People are going to the stores too much, numerous times a week. Not sure how to mitigate this but something has to be done. Also agree on the closure of all parts since people will just find other places to go.

Agreed, limiting trips to the store helps mitigate, but closing them altogether would be diastrous.
Looting and rioting come to mind.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Apr '20

Oxford Lake is open. A few people fishing, boating and walking.

Let's be realistic. You cannot close everything. If you do that, you might as well put the whole country under house arrest. Besides, if you close everything how would you people get your Amazon deliveries? SMH

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '20

StrangerDanger if you click the link I posted about Tracey's, she has her Easter items on the site (top right corner).

And as a side note, I will confess I ordered my favorite lemon/lime & raspberry truffles but they didn't last very long..

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Apr '20

Be quiet Calico, or they may just close your Oxford Lake :)

I believe the town parks were already closed. Yes, I scrolled up and a couple of people mentioned they were closed, that was 3 weeks ago.

Lynnada Lynnada
Apr '20

Wife told me NJ is shutting down construction tomorrow.

Glad I got my lawn treatment done today....

ianimal ianimal
Apr '20

josh, you mind if I ask (generically) what her qualifications are to come across that information and what (specifically) it entails? is it just new road and building construction, or is someone who needs an emergency plumbing repair up schitt's creek?

ianimal ianimal
Apr '20

Shoprite IT guys have been busy.... Given the site was in virtual meltdown, they not have issued a "wait in line" screen that tells you how long it will take to reach the real site. They also offer email notifications, gosh knows what happens when you select that.

Got to be a first for me and I travel among the most popular of sites. No, not those ones :>) Clean sites :>)

So, build some extra time in IF you are looking to shop online......

Apr '20

iJay - I spoke with one of my township committee people and they plan on keeping Oxford Lake open as long as people behave themselves. If they get complaints, they will close it down. Hopefully, the gangs of kids will stay away.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '20

I tried to get on the SR website to check digital coupons at 4:50 this morning- DH alarm went off so I was sort of awake. Wait time-1 min:)

Blackcat Blackcat
Apr '20

I've been trying to get on for two days to check the digital coupons. Wait is over an hour whenever I try. Will have to try at 3 am. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '20

Just ordered from shop-rite through instacart - 5 hour window on delivery this afternoon - will report back on how it does

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '20

FYI - about scams.

https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/aa20-099a

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '20

From Murphy today:

BREAKING: I’m signing an Executive Order to further our aggressive efforts to enforce social distancing.

All non-essential construction across New Jersey will CEASE, indefinitely, effective 8:00 PM Friday.

Exceptions include projects at our hospitals and schools, in our transportation and public utility sector, the building of affordable housing, other individual housing sites that can adhere to strict limits on the number of workers on-site, and other limited instances.

We’re also aiming to mitigate overcrowding at essential retail stores – particularly in our grocery stores.

Under this Executive Order, all essential retail must indefinitely limit the number of customers allowed in their stores to NO MORE than 50% of their approved capacity.

Additionally, customers & employees must wear face coverings. Stores must also provide special shopping hours for high-risk individuals, erect physical barriers between customers and cashiers and baggers where practicable, regularly sanitize areas used by their employees, & more.

Mr. Resident Mr. Resident
Apr '20

Going to be hard to enforce the customer mask rule at stores.

How’s it going to be hard? Have an employee at the door and don’t let any customer in if they don’t have a face mask/ scarf. Seems pretty easy to me

Jim L Jim L
Apr '20

Easy Jim- have you been to a Shoprite for the in-parking lot pick up?

I can certainly imagine all the cars with people standing outside of them thinking they don't need to wear a mask and arguing if someone told them to put one on.

Cust- "I'm not in the store"

Worker- "you are in the store parking lot getting store service"

Cust- "doesn't count"

Any insider tips for finding paper towels right now?

Kat, Flemington BJ wholesale had a paper product delivery this morning. The website shows its still in stock as of 8PM. No guarantees... when they wheel those pallets out, it's like feeding time at the zoo!

FYI- you don't need a membership to shop, they just add a fee I believe.

Josh the ones with an in parking lot pick up are putting the bags right into your trunk. At least the ones I’ve used. You don’t get out of your car at all. And I think common sense is that the face cover Rule is for in the store customers. But I know common sense is lacking especially in these times so maybe you’re right.

Jim L Jim L
Apr '20

Shoprite had paper towels at opening on Monday a.m. (and some TP). Maybe that would be a good time to shop?

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Apr '20

It’s easy to make a face mask out of a sock and sissors- plus either a paper towel or coffee filter.
No sewing required- on the net.
Take a minute and protect your neighbors and the store employees.

Stymie Stymie
Apr '20

Ah yes. The virus knows to stay inside.

Except church’s, it stays out of churches from what I’ve seen online.

so.... Bottle King is "at maximum capacity" and not accepting orders.... I heard Shoprite Liquors is open? Like, you can walk in? Is that right?

Hey calico- what's the deal with that liquor store in Oxford?

Apr '20

JR - Not sure of your question? It's open for sure. My husband went there yesterday. They were out of 30 packs of the Champagne of Beers (his favorite swill), but he got a 30 pack of Yuengling and a handle of vodka for me.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '20

Calico- you can WALK IN? (with a mask now required, thanks to Murphy's new EO today)

BECAUSE..... BK has been curbside pickup only for the last 2 weeks...

Apr '20

IDK. Like I said, husband was there yesterday. Maybe give them a call.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '20

Shoprite Liquors on Stiger St was still walk-in as of yesterday. No one was wearing masks. That may change today. The few other folks in there were keeping their distance.

Rob Durana Rob Durana
Apr '20

Shop Rite in Byram had plenty of TP & paper towels this morning

George's Auto Body on Stiger Street is open for collision repair. Our sister company George's Auto Repair is also open for all your mechanical needs. After hour drop off and pick up encouraged. We ask that you wipe down the steering wheel and shifter as we are doing the same. Call or email us for more information (908)852-7111 or georgesautobody@yahoo.com

George's Auto Body George's Auto Body
Apr '20

Mansfield Shop Rite has plenty of paper towels & toilet paper this afternoon. A short line waiting to get in the store. Bring your mask.

TOPO is OPEN for carry out! I was able to get my fix of their delicious gluten free chicken tenders! A little bit of comfort in this sucky mess!

Shoprite Liquors on Stiger St has a sign on the door stating that you won't be let in without a cloth mask and a masked employee at the end of the entry aisle that motions to you that you need a mask. They are open and have tape on the floor leading to the cashiers and ask that you try to keep 2 shopping cart lengths between each customer.

Phil D. Phil D.
Apr '20

Just be thankful that these youngsters are working and not staying away from work, shows character. Obviously, if anyone has true medical issues stay home -- don't risk it. I was impressed by a young man cleaning the carts at Target, he really took his job seriously, or so it seemed...

Donaldson's: no moe phoned in curbside pickup, controlled entry only. Existing orders will be honored.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Apr '20

This thread is for posting about what is open and what is closed. Off topic posts will be removed.

Moderator Moderator
Apr '20

Yikes! I just got back from Washington Shop Rite. Little to no stock on many items. It seems like every week there is a shortage of something different. Lots of bread, milk and eggs though.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '20

Walmart was touch and go out of some stuff and plenty of other things. No OJ, not too much in cheese area, no TP. Was lucky enough to get what we needed that was in supply. Also mask on or can't go in which is a good thing.

Calico696- did you happen to notice if they had any coffee creamer and canned chicken breast? I was at shoprite mansfield yesterday and were out of both

Flower219 Flower219
Apr '20

Flower - No coffee creamer at all. I had to get half and half for my other half. LOL! I didn't go down the canned food aisle, so not sure about the chicken.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '20

Lol! Thanks!! Guess ill have to wait a few more days or go somewhere else!

Flower219 Flower219
Apr '20

You are most welcome. There wasn't one container of sour cream either. So much for our idea making pierogies for dinner tomorrow. I was able to score a block of mozzarella cheese so we will make a pizza instead. There was only about five bags of shredded cheese left and they were all Monterey jack.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '20

If I just take a whole t-shirt and wrap it around my face are they going to let me in Shoprite? I'm not cutting one up to make a mask that is stupid.

Metsman Metsman
Apr '20

Metsman do you have a bandana? Can either just wrap it around your face or fold it and put two hair ties in it for a little better mask. The second option takes like 1 min to do tonnes of videos on it one and a bit more protection.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Apr '20

There were definitely people without masks in Shoprite today, including employees. No one seemed to bat an eye.

I do not have a bandana.

Metsman Metsman
Apr '20

I picked up an Easter meat pie at Giancarlos Bakery today in Ledgewood! they are open today and tomorrow I believe. I made a face covering out of a nightgown and fastened it with a rubber band! You could also cut up a pillowcase and it would be okay. I was caught flat footed with the mask thing and canT so a stich.

Lilindependence Lilindependence
Apr '20

Don't you have a scarf????

Cover your nose & mouth with it and tie it at the back of your head.
A wide scarf is best so you can fold it in half for extra protection.
If you have a coffee filter put it inside for added protection.

happiest girl
Apr '20

No I don't have a scarf. Never used them.

Metsman Metsman
Apr '20

Paper bag? You are a mets fan after all.

Just kidding. I am too.

I think the mask requirement starts at 8 pm tonight but the article on nj.com indicated that the employees will be instructed to ask you to leave but cant make you.

Scott Scott
Apr '20

I just tied a t-shirt around my face. Worked fine. Amazing how cleaned out Mansfield Shoprite is compared to last week.... People need to stop panicking....

Metsman Metsman
Apr '20

HACKETTSTOWNPD: UPDATE: Schooley's Mountain Road is now open between Route 182 (Hackettstown) & Newburgh Road (Washington Township).

Iamrite Iamrite
Apr '20

Bryam Shop-Rite well stocked with both toilet paper and paper towels. No Clorox or bleach though.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Apr '20

Any updates for Mansfield or Washington Shop Rite? Washington Shop Rite was not well stocked last week, even just regular grocery items.

Gardenfish Gardenfish
Apr '20

Just came back from Mansfield ShopRite. They had toilet paper and paper towels. Chopped meat and whole chickens were well stocked. Grocery isle's were hit or miss. Like very little peanut butter and cereal looked a little low.....

Just a heads up I went at 8 a.m. and there was no wait to get in but by the time I was leaving at 9:15 or so there were about 4 or 5 people on line to get in...….that said the check out line was super long so people were leaving pretty quick..

sandblaster sandblaster
Apr '20

Just got instacart delivery - from Mansfield Shoprite - ordered last Tuesday - I guess a week is pretty good - and all items except one were available................nice guy delivered.............

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '20

Anyone know where to get Clorox or Lysol wipes, or generic? How about hand sanitizer?

Ironically, I bought several huge packs of toilet paper and paper towels in mid-December, and have enough to probably last until the end of the year, and now I'm starting to see plenty of those available. But I've been trying to buy the wipes and hand sanitizer since mid-March without any luck. Maybe my timing is just off. I only have enough of both to get me through another week to 10 days. Getting worried ......

Rob Durana Rob Durana
Apr '20

Anyone else having difficulties contacting their doctor for prescription refills?

ianimal ianimal
Apr '20

Rob I signed up for text and email alerts on zoolert.com for wipes. Took a while but I finally got one to go through before out of stock again.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Apr '20

Vitamin Shoppe has been selling "Hand Sanitizer Spray with Dragon's Breath Essential Oil & Aloe Vera." I ordered a few online.

Courtney1 Courtney1
Apr '20

ianimal - I requested 2 prescription refills online last week and had them refilled with no problem . Been doing it that way for a couple of years now (thru My LVHN), so it's more or less routine - as long as the supply line doesn't run dry .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Apr '20

This hand sanitizer has been available all afternoon on Amazon for preorder.

https://www.amazon.com/Babyganics-Alcohol-Free-Sanitizer-Fragrance-Packaging/dp/B00FSCAXE8/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Apr '20

No issue on scripts here. Drs accessible, Express Scripts up n running. CVS mails em to house for free. All good so far.

Apr '20

Lenny, no alcohol and it doesn't look that good for killing viruses.

Anyone looking for hand sanitizer's, rubber gloves, masks and toilet paper can call the Get a Grip and More store in Washington Boro tomorrow morning (Wednesday) when they open at 10AM.

Per their post on FB this afternoon they have all of the above in stock and ready for purchase.

https://getagripandmore.com/

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Apr '20

Lenny Rock - I don't see any of those items on their webpage- what am I missing?

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '20

Panther Valley Pharmacy has hand sanitizer, masks, gloves, rubbing alcohol.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Apr '20

4catmom- On their Facebook page Dan has those items as in stock. Get A Grip & More is their page,

Dan is a great guy, it's nice that he's carrying these items. Please consider patronizing his store.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '20

Washington Shop Rite did have hand sanitizer last week...seemed like they had quite a bit.

Gardenfish Gardenfish
Apr '20

ah okay - your link led to their webpage - and it didn't show those items - good for people who are still looking for those things

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '20

I saw two sanitizers: Pulverize and Swell. Anyone ever heard if them?

Apr '20

Not sure I want to put something on my body that says “swell.” LOL

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Apr '20

I got hand sanitizer at Mansfield ShopRite Friday. They're still keeping it behind the pharmacy. You just need to ask for it

Jrsemom Jrsemom
Apr '20

These have been available on Walmart.com for the last 5-10 minutes or so. 7:45PM

If it says out of stock keep refreshing the page. Gotta be quick!!!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Clorox-Disinfecting-Wipes-225-Count-Value-Pack-Crisp-Lemon-and-Fresh-Scent-3-Pack-75-Count-Each/14898365?selectedSellerId=0&u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=MfQy8kfx*Gk&sourceid=40414973643403627448&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

4 packs also in stock. If it says out of stock keep refreshing:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Clorox-Disinfecting-Wipes-300-Count-Value-Pack-Bleach-Free-Cleaning-Wipes-4-Pack-75-Count-Each/35606660?selectedSellerId=0&u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=MfQy8kfx*Gk&sourceid=20884128611005210496&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Apr '20

But will they actually ship or will you get an email that says out of stock?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Apr '20

Try Dollar Tree.

Haven't been there in a couple of weeks. But that's where I get Bleach
and other like Clorex Wipes . And 7 Eleven has small bottles of alcohol and peroxide. Toilet paper, too, although it is $1.25.

If you have bleach...just make a dilute solution of water/bleach and put in mason/glass jar. Use a white washcloth (colored ones will get bleached out) and dip and wipe. Throw washcloth in washer/dryer. Not as much waste in the landfill!

SS2cats SS2cats
Apr '20

Ronetco Shoprite's are finally doing senior hours. Monday through Thursday from 8am to 9am.

Jrsemom Jrsemom
Apr '20

Agree with SS. I made my own, quite easy.

auntiel auntiel
Apr '20

Turns out it was a glitch in the pharmacy's computer... all squared away now.

On a brighter note, my bank account is $3,400 richer today... look out toilet paper aisles, here I come, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '20

What is the approximate percentage of bleach to water? 20%? 10%? Less?

Rob Durana Rob Durana
Apr '20

Rob I used 1 gt water and 4 tlbs bleach (quarter cup). Half roll paper towel, take out center cardboard. If you want smaller 1c water, 2tsp. bleach. Lysol wipes- 1 c. water 6 tbsp. 91% isopropyl alcohol.

auntiel auntiel
Apr '20

10% bleach solution will do it- this is the amount used by labs and health facilities.

hktownie hktownie
Apr '20

Panther valley pharmacy has boxes of 50 disposable masks for $40. Does anyone else think this is price gouging?

Seriously?
Apr '20

Seriously,
If they are N95 masks that is a reasonable price 80 cents each

Lamppost Lamppost
Apr '20

That's less than $1.00 for 1. I don't think that's price gouging.

Panther Valley Pharmacy is a highly respected and helpful business in our Community.

They can't be N95 masks. They have to go to health care workers.

happiest girl
Apr '20

Does Donaldsons have their own lettuce yet?

happiest girl
Apr '20

No they are not n95 masks. They are the cheep paper type. I have seen on Amazon for more like $20-$25 for a box of 50. That incident where they were fined for not properly storing medicine has left me concerned.

Seriously?
Apr '20

This cheap masks don't protect you but protect others (if you cough and water molecules when you talk).

From cdc website

Golden rule Golden rule
Apr '20

Panther Valley Pharmacy has K95 masks, not N95, but similar. That's what I was advised when I went there. They are $5 a piece. I got 8 to ship to my sisters funeral home in PA bc they had no masks. They also have packages of the blue disposable papery type. I paid $25 for a pack of 25. So I got a little screwed since I bought 2 packs at $50 and not 50 for $40 lol. I also got a box of gloves - 100 for $8 - 12oz Purell Advanced for $10 and 8oz bottle of Isopropyl alcohol I believe was $2.99.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Apr '20

I got a 35 oz bottle of hand sanitizer the other day at Wal-Mart for about $9. I felt like I won the lottery. I got hand sanitizer, Lysol wipes (80 count) and a large 50 oz bottle of soft soap in one trip. For once I had good timing.

I expect a small pharmacy like panther valley to be more expensive than a big box store, it just seems like they are taking advantage of the situation with their prices.

Seriously?
Apr '20

Are there any local personal shoppers? I tried contacting the one listed in the classifieds, but they never responded. I'd rather use someone that needs the money and might be out of work and not through a company taking part of it. Thank you.

DogDayAfternoon
Apr '20

Advance auto parts has same day delivery for free. Buy online and select delivery at checkout.

Sacks cousin
Apr '20

I think k95 is a fake. K94 is the Korea 94 spec, which is 94% filtration. I don't know what K95 is.

KN95 masks are Chinese-made... I remember an uproar last week that half of the masks procured by Robert Kraft from China were KN95 and not N95.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/03/health/coronavirus-n95-kn95-masks.html

ianimal ianimal
Apr '20

Yep - I ordered KN95 masks back in early March from Amazon & they came from Hong Kong! I did not know where they were coming from. In any case, I left the package in my garage for a few weeks until I finally needed them.

I had no idea what else to do, they needed masks SO bad. I guess something is better than nothing... At least I hope...

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Apr '20

Governor Murphy is keeping schools closed through at least May 15.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Apr '20

To clarify... KN-95 is a a Chinese testing classification; both KN-95 and N-95 (US classification) masks may be coming from China.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '20

Exactly, KN-95. But a K95 doesn't exist right?

I probably got it wrong, it's probably KN95... I was in such a state I was only half listening... Heard the K probably didn't hear the N.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Apr '20

I'd be willing to bet that K-95 exists as an FM radio station somewhere (-;

But as far as masks go, I figured that it was a typo and that they meant KN-95...

ianimal ianimal
Apr '20

Valley Bagel & Deli and Allamuchy General are available for basics.....bread, milk, eggs, cheese, lunch meat etc. Also Trader Joe’s in Denville is fully stocked and open at 8 am for seniors

Local Gal Local Gal
Apr '20

Here's my weekly report for Washington Shop Rite. There was plenty of toilet paper, paper towels, meat, produce, eggs, milk, sour cream and bread. There was limited pasta, liquid hand soap, coffee creamer and shredded cheeses. There was an extremely low amount of dog food and dog treats. There was no cat food, cat treats or cat litter at all. I just ordered some cat litter online from Target as Chewy was also out of my kids' normal brand. They are still out of rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide. I don't need any rubbing alcohol, but noticed my hydrogen peroxide expired last August when I did my medicine cabinet clean out a few weeks ago and have been trying to get a new bottle. There was none available when I did my Target order.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '20

Thursday morning Byram shoprite had hydrogen peroxide but no rubbing alcohol

ex physics teacher ex physics teacher
Apr '20

Thank you for posting local places now delivering. I made my own list so I make sure I use them before trying online orders for anything. I've used a few and very happy and employees have been awesome the last month around the area. I do wish they'd all wear gloves and mask just to drop off, though. My neighbor had a local food place drop without them and she loved them/the things, but that made them uneasy a bit. Other than that. I hope all of them continue after the crisis. I'm proud to be a local.
Shout out to Sonnys for always being so delicious and a thank you for always being so nice.

DogDayAfternoon
Apr '20

Friendly's just reopened for Take out yesterday! Never too cold for ice cream!!!

Just A Neighbor
Apr '20

Ice Cream is my Favorite Food!!

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Apr '20

We have tried to get a store pickup from S/R Washington, Chester or Byram. The site is filled up and can never got on the list. I heard they are filled up thru the end of the month.

Sonny's has the best pizza. I leave the money on the table and pick up my pie. I call ahead and make the arrangements.

Stay well everybody. Wear masks and gloves. We are in this together.

Bernie Bernie
Apr '20

Hong Kong Palace was open, but extremely busy yesterday. Wait times were up to 2 hours by 5PM, so place your order early!

Phil D. Phil D.
Apr '20

I had Hong Kong last night. I am sick of eating groceries so I took a chance. First time take out since March 15. Hour and a half wait, no problem. Paying and picking up, no problem. They were out of many items, no problem. Very disappointed when I got home. I wish they would have told me before hand you would not be receiving the goodie bag as I call it (sauces, cookies, soy sauce, etc.). Also no white rice. It wasn't an accident because I called. I would have ordered something else. I guess I'll have to go back to eating groceries. Just make sure when calling you ask what you will not be getting. It's got to be tough for them so I'll try again next month.

auntiel auntiel
Apr '20

auntiel

I misinterpreted what he said so I showed up early and waited over 1/2 an hour there while waiting. I got the white rice with my "Happy Family" and the "goody bag". Maybe they accidentally put yours into another person's order? I checked out at 5:05. When I initially ordered I was told they were out of dumplings, ribs and beef sticks, which was a bummer. Seeing how busy it was when I got there, I could see why, but I did get everything I ordered. Of course there's a time delay in finding out from the kitchen what they may be running short on, but yes, they should have let you know when you picked up and offered you a coupon or something for future use to make up for it.

Phil D. Phil D.
Apr '20

Phil- I was 2 hours later than you. They must have ran out. No big deal. Like I said I'll try again.

auntiel auntiel
Apr '20

We had Hong Kong today and it was delicious! And we received our “goodie bag”. Total time from time of order 45 minutes. Of course it was 3pm before the “dinner” crowd. My only complaint was my cookie was missing a “fortune”. Is that a bad thing? Lol

Ziggy Ziggy
Apr '20

Bernie - I don't know how Shop Rite ordering online/pickup is filled for the month as I received a time slot yesterday for pickup today. When I checked to reserve a time for pickup, four time slots were available for my choosing. I spent quite a bit of time continuously trying to reserve a time and eventually time opened up. All I can say is keep trying as it takes awhile.

Mrs. Resident Mrs. Resident
Apr '20

Unable to get ANY ShopRite pickups or deliveries and try different times every few days. I am disgusted with their lack of service. Other stores have done so much better.

I checked Shoprite delivery and pickup and there were no openings. I went to Shoprite in Mansfield today and they had plenty of toilet paper and paper towels.

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Apr '20

How are they letting in people at Shoprite Mansfield for the senior hour... are they checking everyone's drivers license? I hope there is some kind of control.

happiest girl
Apr '20

Ziggy- The 'fortune" missing from the cookie means you do not need one. You are already fortunate. All is great! Good for you!

Plain Jane
Apr '20

Ordered King Crab legs from Pub 517 who is now taking credit cards. Was hot & delish! Wasn't sure how it would be for take out but was excellent! Dinner comes with a baked potato & butter.

I saw on the Walmart app that grocery pickup is available from the Phillipsburg and East Stroudsburg stores. Others as well but those are the closest locations.

Jrsemom Jrsemom
Apr '20

No one was checking ID's at Mansfield Shop rite on Friday that I saw during senior hours but the store manager was outside by the entrance observing.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Apr '20

Pretty sure their senior 8-9 window is just Monday through Thursday. But I could be wrong.

shopper
Apr '20

There is a pop up outdoor farm stand in the parking lot of the panther valley mall with fresh vegetables, fruit and flowers. It is Northwest Jersey farms from great meadows. They said they will also be back on Tuesday.

Seriously?
Apr '20

The truck at Panther Valley Mall has been there for a while. They're there every day except Monday. You don't have to get out of your car if you don't want to -- you can fill out a list they give you and wait for them to put it together -- you can also order in advance and they have your order ready when you get there. Some things are priced OK - others things are overpriced.

happiest girl
Apr '20

I’ve found many things are over priced the last month. Not just produce.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Apr '20

Overpriced is relative. Don't expect Mansfield Shoprite prices at famers markets, but maybe the same as Weis.

I was not aware of the truck until today. I guess that's what happens when you are staying home. :)

Seriously?
Apr '20

I often find things at Weis that cost less than Shoprite. I think people are just in the "habit" of thinking that Shoprite has the best prices.

The truck has fair prices for many things -- for instance the following things all cost $2:
iceburg lettuce, cabbage, celery, bunch of bananas, 3 peppers.
Spaghetti squash is $3.

However, if you want a Butternut squash -- $5.
Ditto for a 5 lb. bag of potatoes, or a cauliflower.
Those were this weeks prices -- the flyer says prices subject to change.

happiest girl
Apr '20

Where did you get the flyer?

Seenit
Apr '20

It's on their fb page- Northwest Jersey Farm

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '20

I got the flyer 4 days ago when I pulled into the lot and parked. A lady came over and handed it to me through my open car window - at a distance - and the flyers have prices. I checked off what I wanted and held it out of my car window. She came back and took the flyer, then came back with my order. I paid cash. I thought most of the prices were very good. I'll go back on Tuesday.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Apr '20

I saw the post about it and the flyer on Nextdoor W Hackettstown.

happiest girl
Apr '20

happiest girl - isn't it seniors and high risk? They probably wouldn't be checking licenses.

With folks like Rose and others needing help, willing to pay, would love to see brave people needing work announce they are open for shopping for those at greater risk during these "interesting" times.

Apr '20

Saw a sign on Rockport Road that Borealis is hiring. I don't know if it's temp work or permanent work, but maybe it could help someone out.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Apr '20

Shopped Northwest Farm in Panther Mall this morning - easy peasy and lovely fruits and vegetables - make a list- hand it to one of the workers - they pick it and bring it back to you - give them card/cash - card returned - go home and wash everything - all items look lively - including beautiful strawberries and huge sweet blueberries

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '20

4catmom -super nice people! All precautions in place and lovely transactions when you go. Northwest is awesome.

DogDayAfternoon
Apr '20

I love UPS tracking, wide open and transparent. So fun to watch on my PC as the little truck cruises the area...….getting ever closer.....could be early...….oh no, moving away...…..hey, why is it at the local bagel place for so long...… Could be fun or I might just have severe cabin fever...…

Then on the other hand, Fedex tracking is open but not transparent. Weird --- they used to be the high technology service and UPS was the old brown trucks...…

Although I note a high percentage of any planes passing over have FEDEX emblazoned on their sides. Good advertising --- timing, timing, timing.

Apr '20

This thread is for posting information on what businesses are open or closed and available inventory. Off topic posts will be deleted.

Apr '20

We have been using bandanas and buffs s face coverings, but those will be hot soon. Is there anywhere local selling masks or sewn masks?

Timmy
Apr '20

The Exit 12 Bagelsmith is no longer open...

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2020/04/blaze-destroys-bagel-shop-and-deli.html

ianimal ianimal
Apr '20

at 11am, plenty of paper products at both Weis and Shoprite. Weis was a little light on frozen veggies, Shoprite seemed pretty well stocked.

Apr '20

Timmy Panther Valley Pharmacy had some last week. Etsy.com has a lot of people selling hand sewn masks if you can't find any locally.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Apr '20

HACKETTSTOWN FAMILY!

Chef's Corner on 206 next door to The Market Place in Flanders is STOCKED with Hand Sanitizer. I picked up a few gallons of it, it is gel based 70% alcohol, looks like good stuff. Just want to let people know!

Rupert Tenenbaum Rupert Tenenbaum
Apr '20

How much per gallon?

kb2755 kb2755
Apr '20

I called Chef's Corner. They have gallon size of the gel sanitizer. It is $75 per gallon.

Thank you for the heads up on sanitizer. Hopefully, there will be some left if people are allowed to buy gallons at a time.

DogDayAfternoon
Apr '20

I would think. 128 ounces of that product should go a long way. As an aside that's just over .50 cents an ounce for the good stuff....LOL

Anyone see any stores with Lysol/Clorox wipes back in stock?

Looked like they had plenty of gallons of hand sanitizer in stock from what I saw!

Rupert Tenenbaum Rupert Tenenbaum
Apr '20

Mansfield had the Shop Rite disinfecting wipes last Sunday. Washington had Fabuluso disinfecting wipes today and also antibacterial hand wipes. Washington also had Shop Rite spray disinfectant. Hand soaps...spray hand sanitizer. This was about 10:30 am

Not much chicken and the chicken breasts they had were 4.99 lb!

Gardenfish Gardenfish
Apr '20

This thread is for posting information on what businesses are open or closed and available inventory. Off topic posts will be deleted.

Apr '20

Public Library just announced remote access to Ancestry.com is open during our sequester. Cool.

Apr '20

Today Washington Shop Rite had plenty of inventory, but still some exceptions. Certain produce very low, tomato sauce and pasta very low, chicken very low and seltzer very low. Toilet paper and paper towels were well stocked. I totally forgot to check for hydrogen peroxide because I forgot to include it on my list. {{smacks hand to forehead}}

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '20

Weis has hand sanitizer...I think it was 3.49

Gardenfish Gardenfish
Apr '20

strangerdanger

You mean the Warren County Library, right?

Not the HFPL.

It looks as though the HFPL has extended all book due dates into June. At least that's what I found when I went online last night to renew my books that had been due then. I didn't see, nor get any announcement that Ancestry.com access was free, so as I mentioned, I think you're talking about the Warren County Branch. It would have helped if you had specified which one in your post.

Phil D. Phil D.
Apr '20

Someone let me know when Spring is open... the only time the sun is out, it's cold and windy. The weather is bumming me out way more than the virus.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '20

Yes, WCL.

Third or fourth Spring in a row Iman. It’s open season on the seasons.

Apr '20

I know it's not Hackettstown, but... does anyone know if Meadow Breeze Park in Washington is open? No info on the Washington website about park closures.

Apr '20

The paths at Meadow Breeze are open, courts, fields, playground and tables are off limits.

Roywhite Roywhite
Apr '20

JR - Lake Marguerite and Griffiths Woods, in Washington Twp., are also open.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '20

Thanks guys!

Apr '20

I park in the cemetery and walk Field of Dreams.
Might see 3-4 people in 4 hours.

Stymie Stymie
Apr '20

Field of Dreams is closed off though, or it seems so from the road

kepa
Apr '20

2pm 4.25.20 many Shoprite delivery slots open NOW.

Apr '20

The Presbyterian Church in town has created a "Pay it Forward Little Pantry". It's on the porch of their Chapel at 291 Main Street (by the cemetery), and the concept is take what you need, leave what you can. They are requesting ONLY canned goods if you are leaving food to help others.

summerrain1 summerrain1
Apr '20

Thank you Pronto’s Pizza for being open and making such great food. Pleased with the fast and efficient service provided.

Apr '20

Roaring Rock Park in Washington Twp. is also open. I just got back from there a couple hours ago.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '20

What? Isn’t Roaring Rock your favorite beer?

Are you sure you got back from the Roaring Rock Trail? LOL!!!

positive positive
Apr '20

LOL, postive. Rolling Rock is my favorite swill beer. However, I have been drinking Miller Lite as my swill beer the last few years. Lower carbs and fewer calories.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '20

I may have missed it somewhere in this thread, but does anyone know if Maria Bonita is open for takeout?

Monty Monty
Apr '20

Yes, Maria Bonita is open for take out.

Call to confirm their hours. I believe they are only open later in the day.

(908) 269-8564

Thanks

Monty Monty
Apr '20

Any local parks reopen?

Yup. We had Maria Bonita's a few days ago. Yummy as always.

iJay I was just gonna ask too... is there any trails local that you can walk without getting arrested? I am all for social distancing since I have bad social anxiety and hiking trails was almost like my medicine

Archie Archie
Apr '20

You can walk the old Lehigh/Hudson railroad that goes past the Pequest Fish Hatchery. Nice walking path next to the Pequest river.

NJSkywatcher NJSkywatcher
Apr '20

SD what Shop Rite are you talking about? There are NOT any slots open !

I follow this everyday and 8PM is their changing time from one day to the next.

I do OK with the Parsippany store but their changing time is midnight.

Bernie Bernie
Apr '20

SR Washington is no longer loading the groceries into your vehicle If picking them up. So just an FYI if you might need to bring someone to help.

Jules Jules
Apr '20

All Washington Twp. (Warren) parks are open If you don't mind a drive to get your walk or hike in.

http://www.washington-twp-warren.org/about_washington/parks_and_recreation/recreational_areas.php

I'm really sad that Merrill Creek is closed. I love it there.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '20

Allamuchy nature trail own to the L&H tracks is open, tracks are clear through all of allamuchy. Flat and pretty clear from Young Blood road to Tranquility

ex physics teacher ex physics teacher
Apr '20

Yes, I'm heading to Merrill Creek as soon as this nonsense is over. The Appalachian Trail too (how do you close the Appalachian Trail???)

Apr '20

The AT is closed too!? That really sucks for the thru hikers

Archie Archie
Apr '20

Even if you don't have a pack on, the AT can be a tight squeeze for two people to pass. Keeping six feet apart is logistically impossible in many places unless it was one way only.

the AT in PA was open as of 10 days ago - I parked in Delaware Water Gap, PA two weekends ago and hiked Mt. Minsi. Also, patriots path on Schooley's Mountain is open, aside from where it cuts through Schooley's Mountain Park (I think that's the only local closure of that path).

The R The R
Apr '20

"Even if you don't have a pack on, the AT can be a tight squeeze for two people to pass. Keeping six feet apart is logistically impossible in many places unless it was one way only."

With all due respect, that's ridiculous. I've hiked the entire AT in NJ. The Lemon Squeezer in Harriman is the only place I can think of where "6 feet" is "impossible". And so very few people go through it anyway, making it one-way for each person is not a problem, and it is even an extreme unlikelihood anyway.

Apr '20

"You can walk the old Lehigh/Hudson railroad that goes past the Pequest Fish Hatchery. Nice walking path next to the Pequest river."

How do you get to this trail coming west on Rt46? Thanks

Theres a couple of parking areas. One right on Pequest Rd next to the river. You can park there and walk either way on tracks. One side still had parts of the rail still laid down. The other side (heading toward PA) is fairly smooth with no tracks. Nice trail to walk

NJSkywatcher NJSkywatcher
Apr '20

State and County parks and golf courses may re-open as of Saturday...

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/04/nj-parks-golf-courses-to-reopen-saturday-in-first-major-change-to-lift-coronavirus-lockdown-orders.html

ianimal ianimal
Apr '20

State & county parks to reopen this Saturday, along with golf courses!! Just announced

Jim L Jim L
Apr '20

Yes Jim. County parks may also reopen on May 2 subject to the discretion of county governments.
And all park parking is capped at 50%

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Apr '20

Hope they open our town park as well.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
Apr '20

When do are Hackettstown parks open?

Robert Robert
Apr '20

Hackettstown parks reopen on Saturday as well. Only wallking paths. no playground or picnic areas.

Jim L Jim L
Apr '20

Parks announcement

http://nixle.us/BT4D4

Bug3
Apr '20

Just to be clear, Steven's State Park and Florence Kuipers Park are still closed, correct? Florence Kuipers Park goes right through my back yard, so it's sad that I cannot walk on it or risk getting a ticket.

Rob Durana Rob Durana
Apr '20

Stevens is open as of Saturday... FKP is a County facility, not sure about that one.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '20

Well that's good news! Thanks ianimal!

Rob Durana Rob Durana
Apr '20

Comprehensive list of state parks listed by County that will be opening Saturday can be found here...

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/04/which-nj-parks-are-reopening-this-weekend-heres-a-full-list-of-state-parks-people-can-visit-starting-saturday.html

ianimal ianimal
Apr '20

Rob, you could have walked at night, with night vision of course...

Anyone out in Independence know if Field Of Dreams will be open?

May '20

Has anyone heard about when we will be able to get preventative care and elective procedures?

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

Independence Police posted on Thursday that the walking paths at Field of Dreams will be open. Parking only in lot across from firehouse; main entrance and school access will be closed.

Htown Resident Htown Resident
May '20

@ Calico. My husband is having a postponed procedure done next week (not elective but one that has to be done).. not at the hospital, however...He will have this done instead at another facility. Not sure if they are doing any preventive care or elective procedures at the hospital yet or not..

joyful joyful
May '20

thanks, Htown

May '20

Dollar General in Hackettstown was open today and had paper products (TP and towels, including Bounty), Milk, Bread, Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide, etc.

While aisles there are tight, compared to other stores, there weren't that many shoppers there and both the staff and the customers that were there were doing a good job of social distancing, including at checkout.

Phil D. Phil D.
May '20

Hackettstown Hardware opened yesterday. The door to the Sub Shack was open
and a few people roaming inside

rose eskow rose eskow
May '20

I work for an internal medicine practice. We’ve been open this whole time seeing patients in the office for yearly physicals, follow ups and illnesses without respiratory symptoms. Anyone with respiratory symptoms is seen be telemedicine instead. It’s unbelievable the number of offices that have closed and are ignoring their patients requests for medical advice and even prescription renewals.

I work at a local hospital and i have heard may18 is the target date to return to doing all procedures. Not sure if that is all hospitals in nj or just mine.

Scott Scott
May '20

My Mammo has been canceled and rescheduled twice by the hospital. First appointment was for April, and the hospital rescheduled to May. May was rescheduled to June. I'm guessing June will hold.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
May '20

Mrs. Pipes same here. My dental cleaning has also been canceled twice as was my husband's physical. Preventative care is important too and I hope offices are allowed to open soon.

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

If anyone is looking for a dessert, Tranquility Farms has a ton of packages of homemade cookies & the most delish pies!

Anyone venture out into our reopened parks today? How are they looking in terms of crowds and distancing?

I was at Riverfront today. Not crowded at all -- 1/2 the parking lot is roped off for 50% capacity. Most of the parking spaces were taken but I didn't pass by many people at all!

happiest girl
May '20

Just got back from my first visit to Tranquility Farms. It was more crowded than I expected inside (saw several cars with NY plates) and it was difficult to keep a 6 foot distance but I was really pleased with the variety and quality of their products. Came home with a quart of their ice cream (ice cream window was closed), apple cider donuts that were huge, and honey crisp apples @1.99/lb. We’ll definitely be back.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
May '20

Riverfront Park - there around 5:15-6:30 .....passed a few here and there - yes everywhere except the parking lot has no parking signs as well as 1/2 the lot -

It was lovely there - saw warblers, 2 good size snapping turtles and two deer

4catmom 4catmom
May '20

For those that like to shop at Shop Rite pickup, look at the schedule. It has opened up in Washington store.

Bernie Bernie
May '20

Does anyone rely on physical therapy at the hospital. ? I cant get the correct information as to when they will be available to resume

rose eskow rose eskow
May '20

oh me and my ice cream! I've been craving Dairy Queen, finally was going today - only to be stopped by cones across the driveway. DANGIT - wonder what happened? Hope they will reopen soon!

Just A Neighbor
May '20

"Food" for thought...

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/coronavirus/2020/05/trying-to-support-local-restaurants-by-ordering-delivery-curbside-might-be-the-better-answer.html

ianimal ianimal
May '20

Sorry to hear the Hackettstown Memorial Day parade has been canceled this year. First time in 152 years I understand.

Bummer.

https://wrnjradio.com/hackettstown-memorial-day-parade-canceled-but-contribute-to-memorial-day-video-montage/

Is Monchy’s open? Tried calling the other day but didn’t get an answer. Assume they are closed but wanted to see if anybody knew for sure.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
May '20

We never got delivery before the pandemic for food, groceries, whatever, so we didn't start during it either. I was briefly a pizza delivery girl before taking the bar exam and it was terrible.

Tracy Tracy
May '20

The path that runs along the Musconetcong River in Riverfront Park is roped off. Does anyone know why? The rest of the trails are open.

happiest girl
May '20

Speaking of walking path at Riverfront Park...let me vent about walking etiquette while on a narrow path. My husband and I just returned from a lovely walk at the Park. We are in our seventies, walking side by side along one of the paved paths. Headed toward us were two young ladies, probably early twenties, walking side by concentrating on their cell phones. We stepped off the path to allow them to pass at a distance, they never made an effort to move. Next, a lady walking her dog approached us. We all stepped aside so we could pass by safely. I thanked her for doing so and she, too, commented on how easy it is to just step aside to distance ourselves. As it turnedout, our paths crossed again with those same young ladies, still absorbed with their cell phones. Once again my husband and I stepped aside as they continued down the center of the path, totally oblivious to us seniors. We probably should have just held our ground and stayed in the path, which would have resulted in us literally coming face-to-face! Let's be considerate.

Golf Gal Golf Gal
May '20

and in other news- grass is green.

A looped path should be one-way-only so that there's never any reason for people to need to pass face-to-face. That's just common sense.

Since you passed more than one person coming from the other direction, I'm guessing you must be the one traveling in the wrong direction.

ianimal ianimal
May '20

ianimal - as of last weekend there were no arrows or other signs indicating which direction people should walk at Riverfront. There was no obvious way, as people were walking in both directions.

Seriously?
May '20

Has anybody ventured out to hot dog Johnny’s? Was wondering if it is still closed.

Masks Fortheugly Masks Fortheugly
May '20

Facebook says they were opening May 3rd, but someone said they weren't on there, so I'd keep checking there and their website.

I wonder how they are going to get people to keep distance on the long lines - and handling only cash money and food at the same time. I do miss them, though! Every time it's a sunny day!!

DogDayAfternoon
May '20

No arrows at Riverfront. Field of Dreams has one way arrows clearly marked.

Golf Gal Golf Gal
May '20

Got take out from 30 Burgers for lunch today. Called it in, picked it up 6 minutes later. They were making deliveries as well. Pretty good burger (Classic Cheese Burger) with seasoned fries.

thehazguy thehazguy
May '20

Yesterday we got large, delicious burgers from Pasta Grill by Enzo-Mansfield.

Golf Gal Golf Gal
May '20

Take out from Enzo's Pasta Grill is really good. Try the Pasta Russa or the Pasta Enzo. The Pizza is very good. Tel: 908 813 8535

"I called Chef's Corner. They have gallon size of the gel sanitizer. It is $75 per gallon."

Greg they are now advertising the gallon size is for sale for $64.99. priced dropped $10 in 3 weeks.

Jim L Jim L
May '20

Interesting. It appears the demand may not have been what they thought it would be. There are lots of folks selling those types of supplies both private as well as many large retailers. More and more items are back in stock.

Does anyone know if house cleaners can work now? I was wondering how those companies are affected.

Just in case the restaurant community is listening: the newest trend is outside dining! Can keep those tables socially distance acceptable and then some. So great.

Some places are using parking lots, some are even closing down streets to use the street. Bet Mama's could use half their lot. Hard to close Main Street but....could divert to Washington. Or, better yet, places on Main might use parts of the public lots that are behind most establishments. Maybe Czig could partner with Dollar General to use the back of their lot.

Come on warmer weather!!!!

May '20

Not everyone likes outdoor dining. Every business needs to open up immediately. That includes indoor bars and in restaurant dining. This insanity and infringement on rights has gone on way too long. OPEN NJ NOW!

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

Calico696 - I could not disagree with you more ---- if you get bored look at the stats on states that opened early or never closed - just have a look- no response needed

4catmom 4catmom
May '20

Thanks 4cat!

I still want to know what rights are being infringed upon? Which section of the Bill of Rights guarantees my right to eat microwaved, prepackaged foods from chain restaurants? My right to pay $6 for a Bud Light?

This forum is about what’s open, not the (selfish) wont for things to open.

YeahRight YeahRight
May '20

I am really enjoying seeing the creativity and outside the box thinking companies are using to maintain business during these tough times while being socially responsible. Some of these changes might even stay even if it just as an alternative to the old normal!

Mel81 Mel81
May '20

I will respond.

Covid stats are tricky for a variety of reasons and can be easily manipulated towards your point of view. The media on the right would have you believe these states are thriving and nobody has caught the virus since reopening. The media on the left will tell you that there is nothing left of those states and they are now just an apocalyptic wasteland.

So believe neither. Have your own view. My view is that it is time to open up but not sure to what extent. I think allowing us to safely get a haircut would be nice. If we can safely buy liquor we can safely do at least a few more things than we are doing now.

Scott Scott
May '20

But many do like to eat outdoors.

It’s just science, it’s just numbers. It’s just that some choose not to believe simple numerical scientific truth. We already screwed the pooch letting this in, letting it take root, letting it grow. Our plan was third world. Yes, we want to reopen. It would be nice to have a plan for that. We don’t. We can see the human cost of avoidance, denial, and dragging our feet. Failure to reopen safely might be worse suffering than we have now. I think once we rise above third world results with a better than haphazard plan, open everything up.

Some may accept the risk, I have lost a number of healthy friends already. No more please. Meanwhile, I suggested a way that restaurants could potentially operate at full capacity. Others are doing it. Mattars, for example, has a huge field just waiting for a party! Bring on the tents!

May '20

What does everyone think summer camps will do?

valleygirl
May '20

4Catmom,

I'm wondering what stats you are looking at. Scott is correct that stats can be manipulated, but just looking at the 14 day average of new cases in Georgia (which opened 4/24), there has still been a (slight, but steady) downward trend in new cases. The Florida 7-day average seems fairly steady for being open for 2 weeks.

Neither of those states seem to indicate there were glaring signs of problems from opening up. What are you seeing/hearing that would indicate these states opened early?

jnnjr jnnjr
May '20

Anyone know why Chase bank on Mountain Ave is closed? Went today to drive-up and there are signs saying they are temporarily closed.

happiest girl
May '20

Stats are always manipulated. Don't believe what you read or hear on TV. Bored has nothing to do with it 4cat. Many businesses will never recover from this. I guess most people who don't own shuttered businesses wouldn't understand this.

If people have to question which of their rights are being infringed upon, you should maybe download a copy of The Constitution and read it while you have the spare time. SMH.

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

Here's just one jnnjr: https://abc3340.com/news/local/covid-19-in-alabama-summary-for-may-13

4catmom 4catmom
May '20

I dont see anything in that link that says things have gotten worse since reopening.

I see that half the states' deaths are in 3 counties, which is odd.

I see that there were some businesses caught violating whatever guidelines were set forth.

Where does it say that they reopened anything and things got worse? Was there even a reopening? I could be wrong but i really cant find what you claimed earlier.

Scott Scott
May '20

Bar graph looks like the trend is toward increasing number of infections.
Open, shut or whatever.

Stymie Stymie
May '20

4cat - thank you. In my mind, that just proves that while some areas are able to safely start loosening restrictions, others should not. (To be fair, at least GA and FL loosened their restrictions after actually seeing a decrease in infection rates. Looking at Alabama's data, it was questionable, at best, for them to have reopened given their new case history.)

New Jersey, on the other hand has had a significant downward trend for the past 3 weeks and we are seeing new case levels lower than when NJ's stay at home orders were issued. Seems to me that would indicate we should be ready to start opening things up - with reasonable restrictions.

jnnjr jnnjr
May '20

Scott, the article was not great, but look at the attached 7-day average chart. They loosened restrictions April 30.

jnnjr jnnjr
May '20

Easy for those who are sitting home and collecting pension benefits and fit into the category of At Risk. Meanwhile 34 million plus of our fellow Americans are now unemployed over the last 10 weeks, many of whom will not be able to get their prior jobs back as many businesses won't be able to weather the crisis. Where it makes sense, open up. If you're at risk continue to stay home until you feel safe.

kb2755 kb2755
May '20

Calico696,

I’m with you on this one. Great minds think alike!

Lamppost Lamppost
May '20

According to the Governor, most polling locations won't be open on July 7th. Registered R and D voters will receive vote by mail ballots. Funny how it's ok to stand in line at Shop Rite, Walmart or Home Depot, but not ok to stand in line to vote.

Think logically, is this about the virus or is this about the election. You decide.

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

Lamppost - I don't know if I have a great mind, but I'm fairly certain that have a logical one.

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

I have read the Constitution and Bill of Rights ( and not the Fox News Abridged Version either) . Still looking for the section where it says our rights are being infringed. Don’t see anything about being selfish and putting oneself above nation or anything like that.

Nothing logical about whining or being selfish...

YeahRight YeahRight
May '20

and what do you think about schools?

Sister Jane
May '20

YeahRight,
The issue stems from the fact that our constitution does not allow a governor to unilaterally make laws without approval from the people (ie the Legislature) or get to decide which business should be closed (why can you buy gift cards from Walmart and Target, but not from the local card shop?).

Jnnjr Jnnjr
May '20

Is the right to peaceably assemble not being infringed upon?

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

Was not law, was EO using current laws.

I agree on the assembly, especially religious assembly, Calico; that’s certainly as close to the line as you get. Murphy has said it’s an emergency, and that’s it.

May '20

Only in New York City (and if you are not a senator).

Jnnjr Jnnjr
May '20

You know what else Murphy said? He said, "I wasn't thinking of the Bill of Rights." Look up the interview. If that not enough to see what is going on here, I don't know what is. The Bill of Rights is absolute period.

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

I did; that’s what I was paraphrasing since that was the rationale. Then Tucker asked if he checked with any lawyers and Murphy said; Tucker, I check with lawyers before I hit the head. Priceless moment and legal checkbox: checked off.

It is what it is. Figure how to make this challenge am opportunity. But I don’t want to lose more friends because you can’t improvise. It’s a war. Open safely, save lives.

May '20

SD - He also said that it was above he pay grade. Seriously? What he is doing is illegal. The Wisconsin Supreme Court just overturned the tyranny going on there. And you know what? The bars and restaurants were immediately packed. Business owners need to just start opening their doors. If I had a business, I would have never closed. These executive orders do not hold up in court. I'm sure you saw the case of the hairdresser in TX. People going back to their normal lives will not be the end of the world. It's called freedom. Try it out, you might like it.

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

People caring about others is what's good in this world. It's called being considerate.
Try it out, you might like it.

happiest girl
May '20

There’s just no reasoning with selfish people who cannot see the bigger picture. Is it really that hard to commit to a small sacrifice for the good of society? The “logic” of the Open Now crowd is short sighted and twisted, quite frankly.

Funny about businesses not following the rules. Shakey Jake’s just lost their liquor license (15 days?) and so did Riviera Maya. But that’s okay. Paying an attorney’s fee will make it *all* better. So, since this is about what’s open and what’s closed, both those places are closed.

YeahRight YeahRight
May '20

+2 for Happiest. That comment deserves extra credit.

YeahRight YeahRight
May '20

Have any of you heard of the shopping cart test? Give it a read. It might help us all out here. Possibly we can all find some common ground!

May '20

Here is a nice story of a barber who was operating under the radar for three weeks. And he just tested positive. His shop is now closed and now they have to contact trace so many people over the course of that time. It's people on people. Also that dude is closed. I really need a haircut. Like badly.. But I won't do it under the radar.. For all of you. Because shopping cart or not.. Everyone is worth it!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/15/us/new-york-coronavirus-kingston-barber-trnd/index.html

May '20

Calico: and when they open, force workers to come in or be fired, don’t provide adequate safeguards, workers get sick, and sue the pants off the business for reckless endangerment and unsafe conditions putting the dumbnut out of business anyway.

I am all for opening as long as safe. But blind, stupid, denial of danger without a plan, without a protocol is a community hazard. You show me one local business person that even knows how to open and I would be impressed.

And if you support the Wisconsin model of packed bars, restaurants, unmasked patrons; that’s just herd mentality where you’re willing to take great risks with loss of life and destroyed healthcare systems. Most certain, there will be repercussions, statistically speaking for those antics.

May '20

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. I wonder who said that....

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

Was it caring about others and doing what’s good for society when Governor’s Cuomo and Murphy ordered Nursing Homes to accept Covid-19 patients which resulted in over 10,500 deaths.

kb2755 kb2755
May '20

Has anyone been to doctor's offices during this (or the ER) - for non Covid related illnesses? Was it scary? I know they have telemedicine, but what if you need tests?
I'm finding that scary. Thank you and sorry if this is a wrong thread.

DogDayAfternoon
May '20

Kb - Stop being logical. People don't like it. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

Get your facts and numbers straight and tell the complete up to date story please, kb. Only certain people wpuld believe that.

And what’s that have to do with opening Main Street. Absolutely nothing.

This is an interesting conversation for businesses IMO. In one corner you got: Tough Girl raring and ready to go: mask-less and close; in the other corner you got; Soft Girl who ain’t going till it’s all clear for everyone, all the time. And in the middle, there’s statistics man who won’t go until there’s a opening plan backed by science and med pro’s. Ought to give any business pause before flinging those doors open, buying masks, putting up the plexi

I am Stat Man! Where’s Robin? We got masks ;-).

May '20

I dont believe any of the "open now" people suggested opening recklessly and without a plan. Why are people who want to carefully open now inconsiderate? We can do both...be safe and open soon or now. The virus will be around for years. Hopefully to a lesser degree but its not going anywhere. Should we just shut down thru 2029?
Again....if we can find a way to carefuly go to the beach and carefully buy liquor, then we can carefully open gyms, salons, etc

Scott Scott
May '20

Tried Toscana's for dinner last night - delicious! Chilean sea bass special was excellent & my husband enjoyed the yummy lasagna! Definitely getting take out from there again!

Glad you enjoyed, Luca. We so miss that place and can't wait until they open back up for indoor dining.

Unrelated, but maybe someone can answer this. Are all employees required to wear masks at businesses? I know as customers we "have to"? I ask because I went to pick up take out at a pizza place and the only employee that was wearing a mask was the cashier. There were five people there cooking food and none of them were wearing masks. As you all know, I'm anti-mask so I really don't care that they weren't wearing them from a safety point of view. It was actually refreshing to see people inside a business not looking like bandits.

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

Time will tell in the states that have dropped all restrictions......................just watch the statistics - anecdotal reporting will be meaningless....

4catmom 4catmom
May '20

It’s amazing that there’s no cases of the regular flu anymore.

Philliesman Philliesman
May '20

https://communitynews.org/2020/04/13/starting-tonight-masks-required-in-nj-restaurants-while-on-public-transit/

I was purchasing fresh fish and at least 3 people behind the counter (not serving me) were not wearing masks or gloves - Yes I did call the town health department - There was no obvious store manager to speak with first - I did look

4catmom 4catmom
May '20

Yes face coverings are required per Executive Order:

The executive order also establishes a formal set of hygiene protocols for staff to follow, including regular hand washing, frequent sanitization of high-touch areas, and arrangement of “contactless” pay, pickup and delivery options wherever feasible. Restaurants will be required to bear the cost of providing sanitary supplies to staff.

Restaurant workers will also be required to wear gloves and cloth face coverings while on the premises, and workers will be required to wear gloves when in contact with customers or goods. Businesses must also provide the face coverings and gloves at their own expense.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
May '20

Museum opened to penguins: https://youtu.be/C6buz-qJsNQ

4catmom 4catmom
May '20

Calico I think i know of the place you’re talking about. Someone called that place out on FB.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
May '20

"Yes I did call the town health department"

Way to go, Karen. Why am I not the least bit surprised. SMH

I for one am glad to see people preferring to be able to breathe than follow the draconian orders of a tyrannical governor. Kudos to all that don't comply. Those will be the restaurants I continue to patronize.

Thanks for the info, Jrzy.

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

"Someone called that place out on FB."

Another Karen. LMAO

I will not name the place because the point of my post wasn't to get anyone in trouble. I hope they don't get shut down by the brigade of civilian snitches. They have really good food.

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

Just curious for the “oh my god, the people in the restaurant were not were it masks” crowd, would you have the same complaint if you saw that same employee wearing one of the masks that has a valve to make exhaling easier and cooler for the wearer?

Jnnjr Jnnjr
May '20

I am a NJ state worker and my commissioner had a video conference with all of us yesterday and told us that we will continue to be working remotely from home for at least the next 6 months. She has scheduled these Friday video conferences to occur until Nov. 6th.
She said that she wanted us to have a timeframe so that we could make the appropriate plans for our kids and a Comfortable workspace. We are the first state agency to put a timeframe on this so I think it’s just a matter of time until other states agencies follow suit.
I think Many private businesses will open their offices up before then
I for one am not happy about this as I want to get back to my office and my old routine. I find myself working harder and longer from home than I ever did at the office... lol

H-Town Mama H-Town Mama
May '20

Happy to see to many people staying local and supporting local business. We enjoyed lunch from Mama's. Easy pick up, no contact and they are still donating bread! Sometimes we go back for dinner too. :) Its a win win for our family. Stay stay friends.

Logan Logan
May '20

How can someone be 'anti' mask? That makes no sense. It's an extremely minor inconvenience and if it even keeps you safer 1 percent - it's worth it.

It's also not being a 'Karen' for someone to report something like no masks, if it's mandated as a safety precautions.

I'm tired of people talking about 'rights'. People have done so much for so many in the history of man and little minute inconveniences like wearing a mask or doing without nail polish for two months is a horror. Geeesh.

DogDayAfternoon
May '20

I would like to congratulate the owners of hometown hardware for caring about their staff and also their customers. I went in to grab something this morning and they had gloves readily available at the front door for the customers to put on before entering. Way to go!!! I will continue to support them just because they care.

Ziggy Ziggy
May '20

Ziggy, that's great to know. Hometown has always been a nice, local place to go for so many things, plus they are friendly!

DogDayAfternoon
May '20

Some people just get put out when they can’t get their personal way and cry “don’t tread on me,” like they are some sort of true patriot and keeper of the Constitution. Crying tyrant, dictatorial, and snitches, they bay at the moon their grievances. Wanna bet they do that from behind a mask? Course then again, they might just like cooks to blow loogies into their meal. Viva la liberte!

Way to out them Calico! Nice job.

May '20

Dog day,

Could you please answer my earlier question - would you report an employee that is wearing a mask with a vent? The reason I ask is those masks do not filter the air exhaled so you would be no safer that if no mask was being worn by that employee.

Jnnjr Jnnjr
May '20

Haven’t you answered your own question? If a mask does not fit the requirements of the specified mask, then it is not the required mask.

Why don’t we ask the real question; why can’t America produce enough reusable N95 masks?

I have two dying friends and can not say goodbye in person because of the lockdown. The facilities are closed for visitation. When I see what’s closed, wearing a mask to stay open seems inconsequential and trivial.

Thank God Zoom is open! Peace out.

May '20

Jnnjr, I'm not going to get into 'spitting matches' over this.

You can nit pit incidents to death - on what ifs - so be my guest.

DogDayAfternoon
May '20

On the topic of ppe’s, please everybody remember that gloved hands make you no safer than ungloved hands because you are only ask clean as the last thing you touched. Was at ShopRite this morning as saw a cashier wipe her nose with a gloved hand then without changing gloves or using hand sanitizer continued to check people out. Thank goodness she was wearing gloves, though. I would have wanted any of her gems to get on someone’s groceries.

Jnnjr Jnnjr
May '20

Stranger,

I have a N95 mask that has the vent in it - that is a very common style, especially for people that have to wear masks all day for work. Heck, even the large respirators with canister filters usually don’t filter exhaust air. Those completely conform the the regulations set forth by our governor. Remember, those masks are designed to protect the wearer - not those around the wearer.

I’m sorry to hear what you and your friends are going through. For the record, I do agree that people should wear masks when inside a business. I just find it odd that people will accept a mask that allows the wearer to essentially breath directly on someone, but gasp in horror if that person is not wearing a mask.

Jnnjr Jnnjr
May '20

So SD are you denying the fact that Nursing Homes were mandated to accept prior residents that had Covid-19? It spread like wildfire in them after that. Are the numbers of those reported who died in nursing homes incorrect? Did they all die of Covid-19, we’ll never know like all the number of deaths that are being attributed to it. Yes, the updated info is they have stopped that mandate. It also was a shame that the Comfort and the Javits Center went virtually unused.

kb2755 kb2755
May '20

haha well so much for

"This thread is for posting about what is open and what is closed. Off topic posts will be removed." -Moderator

May '20

I know a guy with a large "Don't Tread On Me" tattoo, complete with snake.

Kicker? He's a cop.

posted by a friend who differs with me on just about everything political

4catmom 4catmom
May '20

Lets add this - https://www.huffpost.com/entry/florida-man-brian-hitchens-coronavirus-warning_n_5ebdc05ac5b66da6b7d5754f?fbclid=IwAR0fLY-BA9CKMBM695BRnAr48nqMsTGgHiGG9mqzaP2Ba5_RaySTnuXDUTo

4catmom 4catmom
May '20

SD - I outed nobody. There are at least 100 pizza places within Warren County. Also, I'm sure some busy body has gone in there or heard about it from somebody else and reported it. I commend them for not wearing the masks. If I had a business, not only would I be open I wouldn't require masks either.

I tried to go to a liquor store, that I don't normally go to, the other day. When I opened the door the woman said I had to 1) use the hand sanitizer and then 2) grab a wipe. She said I had to wipe my hands with the wipe and then carry it with me throughout the store. I asked if she was joking and she said no. I promptly walked out and went to another store. Funny enough when I got home and told my husband he said he stopped there last week and they said the same thing to him. He also walked out.

We don't use hand sanitizer, wipes or any type of anti-bacterial soap except to clean things that have touched raw meat. Regular soap works just as well on hands/body etc. I'm a big fan of germs. They strengthen your immune system.

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

Well not COVID, but Schooley 's Mtn road bridge construction is done. Road is open all the way.

Mmadone Mmadone
May '20

JR: I am trying to segue to open/closed as much as I can but am glad we can talk bout the 800lb moose on the table a bit.

KB - thanks for the info on the N95 masks with exhale ports (not necessarily respirator ports) which as you said, are 50% useless as in protect the wearer but not the bystander. Amazing I have to hear it here.... Even CDC is vague from what I saw.

Brings to mind that the simple things we need to know: how long until the air is OPEN after a sneeze, how long to safely OPEN frozen food that may have been touched, urban legend says 24-hours until cardboard is open, but what about shiny, printed cardboard? Just simple things that would make OPENING and CLOSING easier.

Javits center filled 1,000 beds, not sure it that means 1,000 hospital beds went empty, but I doubt it. And a few more days of surge might have doubled that. We were that close.

No Governor made the C19 xfer to Nursing Home law, it was the Health Departments. One reason was Hospitals in NJ were diverting C19 patients due to overcrowding. In NY, not only diverting, but prioritizing care as in --- do not attempt to resuscitate. The situation was that dire. I believer with the surge dropping, this rule has been rescinded, at least in NJ. As to your numbers. Probably bogus in that they look like a total death count, not a total death count of diverted patients. Check your facts, but the full story is different. But yes, a very hard decision. There were a number of hard decisions made as we came ever so close to the precipice of losing essential services.

Remember that oh folks who want to return to normal yesterday. These poor essential workers have been through the mill, worked to the bone, near dead themselves. To open too soon, or too fast and re-burden them again seems awfully cruel just because you want to walk amongst them and drink beer.

"Don't Tread on Me" is a great saying Josh. When used correctly. But being in defiance of wearing a mask, worse yet, recommending others break the law, is not a "Don't Tread on Me" moment; they just think it is. Bad place to make that stand.

Calico -- yeah, I use soap. I don't wear gloves except to touch bad things and then take them off. Dissing a small business because they were uber protective about being clean: that's just bogus IMO. Bad place to make a stand. And, once again, you are led by myths over science. First, there is no proof that catching C19 will give you any immunity. Probably is the most scientific answer. We just don't know. Second, any flu immunity does indeed last forever and it matters little The flu mutates within a season or two so even though you are immune to the past, the next flu has changed. That's why a flu vaccine with a 40% efficacy for seasonal flu is a high mark. Or, look at the common cold viruses. They mutate so fast that your immunity is so incredibly short-lived rendering any vaccine useless. You're depending on urban myth science, homespun at best.

I want to OPEN and OPEN fast. Our numbers are down, especially in Warren County. However, more death is occurring still than from auto accidents, seasonal flu, and gun shots combined. I think that calls for a cautious, rolling thunder sort of a reopening AND would expect government, hopefully Federal, to provide a freakin PRESCRIPTION on what small business should do to keep customers and workers as safe as possible. I don't want OPENING guidelines, I want OPENING rules. A prescription. And don't let Calico run any business :>) She should be CLOSED :>) (I love ya dear, but you're way off base her, scientifically and morally)

Then monitor, measure, fix, and scale upwards with more OPENINGS. The Beaches would be a great place to focus on.

May '20

You think that the States Health Commissioner’s made these decisions without the Governor’s approval. If not, then why did it take so long to rescind it when they knew it was a big issue. They basically said those in Nursing Homes and Long Term Care Facilities Will be sacrificed for the better good.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/16/blame-governors-for-coronavirus-deaths-in-nursing-homes-goodwin/

https://www.recordonline.com/news/20200501/states-ordered-nursing-homes-to-take-covid-19-residents-thousands-died-heres-what-happened

https://news.usni.org/2020/04/27/hospital-ship-comfort-ends-nyc-covid-19-mission-after-treating-182-patients

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-nycs-largest-emergency-hospital-javits-center-pretty-much-empty-2020-4

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/05/09/us/coronavirus-cases-nursing-homes-us.html

kb2755 kb2755
May '20

It's fine to wear gloves and leave them on, they can be cleaned just like your hands can with hand sanitizer, yet now you don't get the sanitizer on your hands as much. And no--- alcohol does not break them down. So if you spill some of your Pappy Van Winkle on them they are still good. Study below.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5700156/

Can't wait for those Longhorn ticks to get here, they are the next county over. One bite from them and no more beef for you. It's chicken and tuna from then on. Nasty. Plus the little buggers like to chase you down in numbers. You look at your pants and you have 100 of them crawling on you. Yuck.

To keep on thread, Mama's has been fantastic with my orders, food great as usual with the car hops bringing it to you. If they only were wearing roller skates ;-)

dodgebaal dodgebaal
May '20

Shouldn’t be surprised. Their party advocates giving pain pills to the elderly rather than treating their illnesses.

May '20

+1 strangerdanger.

Jules Jules
May '20

On Monday May 18th, non-essential construction can begin again with proper guidelines in place. I know a lot of happy people that have been waiting for their projects to get finished.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
May '20

(non-essential construction) "with proper guidelines in place"... what are those guidelines?

May '20

Where do the "proper guidelines" come from, I wonder, but glad they are re-opening. While you can read EO-142; here's a easier prescriptive rendition: https://www.natlawreview.com/article/covid-19-update-what-you-need-to-know-new-jersey-and-new-york-construction-projects Maybe someone can find something better from the State since it must be a pain-in-the-arse for these small business people to figure out HOW to reopen and what the rules are.

As I drove around yesterday, many nurseries are open, masked people buying flats in a number of locations.

Mackey's fruit n ice cream on 519 South of 46 is open and offers Delivery.

Washington's Main Street was a ghost town; Jaunito's was doing good business, not sure whether dine-in or take-out, but certainly parked up

May '20

Should add that The Lodge at Mountain Lake is not only open, but looks to be thriving. Outside picnic tables too. Really looks grand.

Does anyone know what the building on the other side, by the recreation area, looks to replace the old restaurant/bar/whatever was there, is? Nice looking building from across the Lake, but did not notice it as we drove by the rec area. Too busy heckling the un-social distanced un-masked obviously family or lovers fishing on the dock.....:>)

May '20

This tells it - seems to me

4catmom 4catmom
May '20

Strangerdanger
I think you are talking about the snack shack that was open when the beach was there. At one time, there were 2 beaches at the lake

Bottle King reopens stores for in-store service on May 18th (I will skip the Calico joke :>) Wonder if the "little ole man" wine king will be working? I love that guy, he never misses on a unique selection. Whatever price you ask for, he nails it. The man is a Mansfield icon!

May '20

ShopRite liquors had been open this whole time for in store shopping.

Jrsemom Jrsemom
May '20

kb - what would you have done with the nursing home patients with the hospitals at capacity?

Has there been any announcements on the Hackettstown Pool?

Parent of GMRSD Parent of GMRSD
May '20

MB, maybe send them to the Comfort or the Javits Center.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronsonstocking/2020/05/17/heartless-cuomo-defends-nursing-home-policy-older-people-vulnerable-people-ar-n2568965?utm_content=buffer0a16c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

kb2755 kb2755
May '20

"Has there been any announcements on the Hackettstown Pool?

The Rec meeting is tonight via zoom telecom. The discussion of the pool is on the agenda

https://www.hackettstown.net/home/news/may-18-2020-recreation-teleconference-meeting

https://www.hackettstown.net/sites/hackettstownnj/files/uploads/recreation_meeting_agenda_5-18-2020_rev_1.pdf

Jim L Jim L
May '20

kb - I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. I think the way he handled it makes the most sense.

Chase bank on Mountain Ave is still closed. Anyone know why?

happiest girl
May '20

Everyone walked in there looking like a bandit wearing a mask so the tellers were too fearful to come to work :-)

dodgebaal dodgebaal
May '20

Makes sense. Time to secure them banks, plus you don't need as many these days right. Unless you are a small business owner, but let's start accepting cashless payments everywhere. If you take Apple Pay let me know, I will be there...

Gun ranges are reopening on Friday.

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

""I called Chef's Corner. They have gallon size of the gel sanitizer. It is $75 per gallon."

Chef's Corner dropped their price to $64.99. but Now Lowe's has gallon hand sanitizer in stock selling for $24.96. hmmm

Jim L Jim L
May '20

There is still no hydrogen peroxide at Washington Shop Rite.

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

Calico

Isn't there a Dollar store by where Shop-Rite of Washington used to be? Try them, since the Dollar General here in Hackettstown had some when I was there. Might get lucky.

Phil D. Phil D.
May '20

Phil - No. Half of that is a church and the other half is a Habitat for Humanity store. I'm gonna try the Dollar General on 31. I avoid going into stores as much as I can because the mask rule. I've really only been going to Shop Rite and the liquor store and I do that only on Fridays because of the mask rule. Want to wear it as minimum as possible. LOL

Car and motorcycle dealerships and bike shops can reopen for in person sales tomorrow and non-urgent medical and dental care can resume on the 26th.

https://nj1015.com/nj-allowing-dentists-doctors-bike-shops-and-car-dealerships-to-reopen/

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

Calico

Oh well. I figured that area likely changed, but also figured that store was at least still in the area. I usually only drive by on my way to the Bethlehem area here and there, so I don't tend look that carefully at the stores, only at the other vehicles.

Thanks for the heads up on the vehicle sales and medical and dental care. My eye exam was cancelled in the interim. Hmmm, could be why I missed the change in stores too, lol.

Phil D. Phil D.
May '20

I got Peroxide at 7-11. And hand sanitizer, toilet paper, alcohol, paper towels. They have many things that I get to avoid the supermarkets.

Costs a bit more, but I really don't care anymore.

Hackettstown pool will be closed for the season.

thomasnj thomasnj
May '20

Boxed.com just restocked many C19 shortage items, masks, handsanitizer, flour, popcorn, oh wait that's not one, darn--- got me again :>)

May '20

maybe you meant "flowers"?

4catmom 4catmom
May '20

nah, places were hit n miss on the Gold Medal. One day Boxed had it, and 15 minutes later it was gone. Much baking from scratch going on. Can give the little ones something to do, something to eat from their efforts I guess.

May '20

Here are the "rules" for Oxford Lake. I have to do two posts to get both the pics in. Of course I will add my 2 cents. Why wouldn't I? This is absolutely insane! How is anyone supposed to enjoy themselves? I guess there is no fishing allowed from the dock either. %$#@!!! tyrants! Guess where I won't be? Oxford Lake.

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

Here's part two of the regime's orders.

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

The 'regime' is just trying to keep people safe. Not a big deal.

DogDayAfternoon
May '20

Exactly DogDayAfternoon - Some sound like whiny 5 year olds here.........Waiting for the tantrums to escalate..................
Be glad there's a lake to go to with your family

4catmom 4catmom
May '20

Whiny 5 year old is right. She should be glad she or a loved one is not 6 feet under.
Unbelievable.

happiest girl
May '20

so.... Oxford lake... looks like you can still kayak on the lake? You just can't hang out on the docks?

May '20

Yes, you can still kayak and boat on the lake believe it or not. But fishing from the dock is prohibited.

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

Ugh, I can't lurk here any longer. We're facing a global pandemic, unheard of in modern times, similar to 9/11 happening on about a daily basis, and some people are so self centered they have to whine and gripe about their swimming hole being closed.

I get it, this sucks. I'm bored too. I can't wait for things to re-open and life to go back to normal.
But if you think this is tyranny or oppression, you have no understanding of tyranny or oppression.

And since you have so little consideration of humanity that you'd risk others health to go fishing or swimming, or name your other activity, just think about it like this: You're not even the dumbest or least considerate person out there. There are idiots walking around with this because they're too inconsiderate to stay home and there's a good chance they hang out where you do.

I'm so thankful for the folks who are keeping our lives going at the risk of their own - Shoprite, Walmart, Weis, USPS employees. You've saved lives by allowing us to life ours from the comfort of our homes for a bit. You deserve better.

I'm also thankful for all the folks who are being considerate of others. Our sacrifices will save lives, maybe even our own. Let's continue to do our part, shop local, order pick up/delivery over the phone instead of grubhub/doordash etc.

alpha1beta alpha1beta
May '20

You can fish from Mt. Lake community areas, does not seem to be anything prohibiting use of picnic tables, or the concrete dock.
Just note that the parking that used to be all open in front of the reopened Lodge is now reserved for their customers

kepa
May '20

Yeah, during the weekend, I saw a group of four men on the Mt. Lake dock, Calico-style, was fishing within a couple of feet of each other. Figured either four brothers, lovers, or completely nutso anti social types being social. Wouldn’t fish with them there, not that’s there anything wrong with that lifestyle
;- ).

May '20

Cue the Peanuts adults. Whomp, whomp, whomp, whomp. It's sad that so few get it. I'm appalled at how easily the majority of Americans just rolled over onto their backs. You are the ones who should be ashamed of yourselves. No spine. A nation of wusses. You can go ahead and call me whatever you want, I don't care. It will roll off my back the same way that the pleas of desperate business owners to open the state roll off of the governor's back.

kepa - Thank you for that info.

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

alpha1beta - YES!
People whine over petty things that can save their life. We're not oppressed. We're not taking rights. We should be thankful for what we have.

I can't get over some of the petty things people are worried about.

Stay safe!

DogDayAfternoon
May '20

There is much corruption going on, which many couldn’t/wouldn’t accept or even fathom the notion.

The virus is real, however what’s behind the virus is 100 times more frightening than the virus itself.

I will leave it at that without elaborating.

Do your research......

Positive Positive
May '20

Moderator, please remove Positive's message. It is encouraging people to look up conspiracy theories.

It's a virus. No one is behind it. Humanity can barely even combat a virus, let alone make one. It's not a conspiracy and if you think otherwise, I strongly recommend finding a good shrink who offers telemedicine.

alpha1beta alpha1beta
May '20

It’s not a conspiracy. Government meddling is inhibiting Americans from earning a living. The virus didn’t do that. The government did.

May '20

Please enlighten me positive.
I could use a laugh.

Stymie Stymie
May '20

Thanks for being the voice of reason today, alpha. Stay safe and well.

DogDayAfternoon
May '20

For those that don’t think there is any tyranny or dictatorship going on, a person was arrested in Bellmawr for “planning a protest”. I cannot believe I actually read that about an American citizen. I don’t care what is going on, the first amendment guarantees its citizens the right to peacefully assemble and the thought of the government arresting someone for planning a protest against the government is simply appalling.

Jnnjr Jnnjr
May '20

Apparently we are open for some pretty unscientific, unfounded, non medical, non statistical thoughts and ideas that can not be supported except by name calling. I have a spine, I do not rollover, I am not a wussy. Saying that just shows how you lost the debate.

How many deaths do you need before you don the mask and stay 6 feet from strangers. In what universe is it better not to. Do you have a better way?

Even if one conspiracy theory’s as to origin, in what universe can’t you avoid it coming from Asia, then to Europe, then to America.....how can your “hypothetical theory” explain that master plan? We had months to plan, prepare, and even stop. What conspiracy made us act that way?

We have 50 states trying to reopen in 50 different ways and no uniform national master plan. That’s your conspiracy. That’s what’s closed; our nation. And yet some would rather call names than pitch in. That’s closed thought.

May '20

Strangerdanger. Yes. ;) You never see the people who are conspiracy theorists or think they're immune to it volunteer to help the sick. You'd think they would since they're not going to get it!

Unfortunately, people will be forced to go back to jobs that they are scared to go back to. Not all, but a lot of people are, because we're rushing it. Be well to you and yours.

DogDayAfternoon
May '20

The real government tyranny is the fact that it failed its citizens to move decisively in December and January.
Maybe it would have been more contained and we wouldn’t have to take the extreme steps necessary now to put a clamp on it.
Government continues to fail us on a federal level.
As we approached 110,000 dead.....

Stymie Stymie
May '20

Alpha, thank you! Well stated.

Oh, and in keeping in spirit with the purpose of this forum, BJ's in Roxbury was well stocked earlier today: Paper products, meat, milk, eggs, frozen foods, veggies, laundry detergent, soaps, water, and a lot more.

YeahRight YeahRight
May '20

Calling names? Show me where I wrote that. I always use proper protocol when in public and I did say the virus is real. Am I not allowed to think there is more to the virus?

My difference of opinion can not be taken in a mature manner? Should we all think exactly the same and always be in agreement?

Positive Positive
May '20

Try and focus on what’s actually happening and you’ll find there is no sense or order to what you’re experiencing. You’re watching bizarro insanity. You’re watching an event that changes and shapeshifts into a host of weird realities and it hasn’t even begun to get weird.

May '20

NBA- shut it down on their own volition.
MLBB- shut it down on their own volition.
NCAA- shut it down on its own volition.
NASCAR- shut it down- just started to race with no fans
And you can tell me (with a straight face) that closing down a fishing pier on Oxford Lake is an over reaction?
Tyranny?
Really???

Stymie Stymie
May '20

Don't waste your typing, positive. Most sleeping sheep will never wake up.

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

Sleeping sheep? So, everyone taking precautions and doesn't throw a hissy fit and walk out of a store because God forbid they have to wear a mask is sheep? That's just arrogant. Anyone with that attitude should go to the back of the line if they get the virus. Healthcare workers are overworked taking care of people who thought it was the flu or a hoax, but keep on talking sheep.

DogDayAfternoon
May '20

I agree with Calico696. A good majority of American citizens are wimps. More facilities and businesses should be reopened. If you are concerned about contracting the virus, then protect yourself. However, don’t expect the other 90% to bend to your beliefs. Wearing a mask protects the wearer not the people around them.

Alpha1beta, Possibly the virus was not a conspiracy. However, read on: The virus was developed in a lab in Wuhan during experiments with bat viruses while searching for a vaccine following an earlier outbreak of the COV-1 virus. During these experiments, bat viruses, initially not contagious to humans, became communicable following expose to various animals, likely including primates. The experiments were carried out over the course of several years during which time the virus mutated naturally as viruses do and became communicable to humans. Unfortunately, due to lax safety measures at the lab, a worker became exposed to the virus once it had become communicable. That lab worker lived in Wuhan and frequented the wet market infecting many others there and throughout the city. Since then both the lab worker and her boyfriend have died from the virus.

The Chinese government knew of the breach at the lab but instead of locking down the city, they commenced a program to cover up accountability. Lab records were destroyed, medical personnel who spoke out were jailed and World Health Organization personnel and other experts were forbidden from coming to Wuhan. Journalists were warned not to pursue the truth but rather to report what the Chinese government told them to report.

What was egregious and might be considered a conspiracy was the Chinese government’s refusal to lock down Wuhan at the onset of the outbreak. Instead, they allowed unsuspecting persons to spread the virus worldwide through international travel to and from Wuhan.

Health care workers are not overwhelmed. Medical billing is down 70%. Organ transplants down 50%.

May '20

Just curious if the people that wear masks now wore them before coronavirus?

Booster90 Booster90
May '20

You're right @alpha1beta. The amount of whining about masks/closures during a national pandemic - that has killed over 10,000 New Jerseyans - is unreal. That people think they have the right to infect others including doctors/nurses/essential workers because they don't want to be inconvenienced is selfish and short-sighted. Coronavirus has really brought out the ugly in a lot of our fellow residents and the ineptness of federal leadership is criminal.

Spirit of thread... Shop Rite had plenty of clorox and other cleaning wipes.

bonv25 bonv25
May '20

Calico- and the contortionists won’t get their heads out.

Stymie Stymie
May '20

Medical billing is down because discretionary surgery was shut down.
Dentists non emergency shut down
Physical therapy shut down
Chiropractic shut down.
Jeez

Stymie Stymie
May '20

After three weeks of no, I got two weeks of cake slices from Shoprite.

Name calling is just Calico saying she’s lost the debate, she’s can’t compete on her merits, she’s resorting to going low instead

Positive, sorry, lumping ideas together, and since I specified the names Calico used, that time, I thought you would see it. Sorry, was not you. The conspiracy part was though.

Anyone tried curbside at Tracey’s? I need chocolate after these off topic journeys.

Suddenly I love having gas jockeys instead of pump your own. Never expected them to be heroes of the apocalypse.

Kozimor’s service bay door was open. Guess they are accepting cars for service.

May '20

"Medical billing is down because discretionary surgery was shut down.
Dentists non emergency shut down
Physical therapy shut down
Chiropractic shut down.
Jeez"

Yup, all shut down. That's how much the government really cares about people's health. I wonder how many breast cancer cases are going undiagnosed because people can't get mammograms. I wonder how many colon cancer cases are going undiagnosed because people can't get colonoscopies. I wonder how many high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol cases are going undiagnosed because people can't get physicals and scipts for yearly blood work. I wonder how many medical and dental conditions have been worsened because they couldn't get basic care. Yeah, they care about health. LMAO

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

Ah yes. That’s why I included organ transplants. They’re hardly elective.

May '20

I wonder how many pep’s didn’t get the virus n die.

Roywhite Roywhite
May '20

We're not sheep. If anything you are. You insult me, time to take you medicine.

Besides from being the town drunk, Calico696, thinks she's "woke", but she probably wouldn't use that word. She thinks she's smart than everyone else, because she's found the secret! The secret which someone posted on some right wing youtube channel or fringe website with no journalistic integrity, loaded with typos, and hate speech and probably loaded with ads for diet supplements!

You see, anyone who is truly enlightened would instantly recognize these sources have the empirical truth! Of course they are, they say exactly what you are thinking! (If you can call what you do thinking)

I know your type. You're type, deep down, is a fearful, hateful human, you don't like that in every room you've been in, you've never been the smartest. You have a handful of friends who think like you do, but my bets are that there's no more than 4 years of college between the lot of you. Your friends probably tell you you're smart, but that's after their 5th beer. You're afraid that the world has left you behind, which it has.

To feel like you aren't alone in this world, you "research", which consists mostly or starring at screens. Youtube, Fox, OANN, DailyWire, etc. You wouldn't know how to do research if your life depended on it, and your browsering history doesn't contain even one link to a ".edu", but you'll tell anyone it's because their brainwashing institution.

You are a sheep. Your "research" is done on sites that make up every word. Funded by millionaires and billionaires who are using you. They tell you to be scared, to be hateful, to question everything, and then tell you plausible conspiracy theories which you never question. They want you angry so you elect folks who push their agenda - save Calico $5 and save them billions. You trust youtube personalities Faux news hosts who tell you want you want to hear. Because they've programmed you to want to hear it over years and years. And now you spew baseless theories without question. Who's really the sheep?

You rage against the government because it seems like the thing you should do. You probably haven't spent a moment in the last 10 years thinking about someone other than yourself, your family and friends. Your posts speak for themselves.

I'm glad you announce where you'd not going, but would you be so kind as to share your whole schedule, so we can avoid inconsiderate sheep like yourself?

alpha1beta alpha1beta
May '20

"Name calling is just Calico saying she’s lost the debate, she’s can’t compete on her merits, she’s resorting to going low instead"

Hardly, Pal. It's a fact that 99% of this country is deeply asleep. I will add that it's not their fault. They have been indoctrinated. Indoctrinated by schools, indoctrinated by media and indoctrinated by so called experts. We all have. Some of us have just managed to wake up. More and more are waking up every day. It's my goal to wake up as many as possible. I've woken up at least a half a dozen people this year alone and it's only May. And believe me, many others are working very hard on waking people up as well. Some call it "The Great Awakening". Unfortunately, many will never wake up. Once you see it, once you know, you'll never look at people and the world the same way.

Calico696 Calico696
May '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.