What’s closed / What’s Open Inventory Covid - 19

This thread is to help people determine what’s open and what’s closed and what locations are offering what services and inventory. For example Dunkin is open. You have to us the app to order and they bring it to your car. I know not an essential service but a nice treat after being hunkered down since Friday.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
1 week ago

Pandan Room and TOPO are open for pick-up and delivery 11 am to 8 pm per Jay's Facebook posts.

Calico696 Calico696
1 week ago

Warren County Library is closed

exphysics teacher
1 week ago

Hackettstown Library just made the decision to close yesterday. Their website did not have that info on Monday but has now been changed.

HCCP posted here that the Hackettstown Townwide Yard Sale is postponed.

Wendy’s open drive through only.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day.

Crystal Crystal
1 week ago

Just received an email from my Church. All Public Masses in Diocese of Paterson are suspended until further notice.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
1 week ago

State Parks are open.
Fees waived.
Maybe take a walk and de-stress.

WRNJ has a list of restaurants on their site.
It also shows they canceled the Memorial Day car show.

Are tanning, nail, and hair salons closed for business?

Joyful I read that Westside has decided to close. I haven't heard of any other salons

Hackettstown municipal services

http://nixle.us/BPKW8

Riverfront Park and Alumni Field closed.... sigh....

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
1 week ago

Jefferson repub - say it ain’t so! That’s my favorite walking park! I always assumed it would stay open alongside state parks.

Warren County Government offices are closed.

Kat- I know, it sucks. I really don't see why open air parks need to be closed, just more hysteria....

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
1 week ago

This whole thing is based on hysteria.

Philliesman Philliesman
1 week ago

"This whole thing is based on hysteria."

Actually its based on facts, we have a pretty good test case in Italy that we can see what is happening. We are about 2 weeks behind them so we can either learn from their mistakes or we can repeat them.

Well said Jim. That is the truth and the facts plain and simple. Unless we have learned from what happened in Italy and prepare accordingly we maybe in for a very rough ride. So why risk it. Listen to what the health experts are saying and we should be able to get this very serious virus under control.

The local parks are probably closed so groups of youth don't congregate there. This is one of those times when it is good for a kid to be on an X-box or Playstation. But there are plenty of adults that stocked up on water and toilet paper that are now at Dunkin' Donuts as they cannot resist.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
1 week ago

Thank you, Sher. I just heard Jack's Sissor Whiz is closed well..

Haircuts/salon services will be tough as there is quite close contact. I did not see this on the list but many may proactively close (like Jack's). Might be time to try my own cut or just let it grow until all of the is over...

Field of Dreams is closed as of March 12.

Depending on how long this goes on, most of us will have either overgrown hair or bad at home haircuts. Oh well, maybe we can post pictures or have a contest for worst hair. I remember a certain little dog who got a bad haircut from his momma once. lol

Lynnada Lynnada
1 week ago

I volunteer to maintain some parks in Warren County. Our parks are still open! Check out Kuipers Park in town. It's really just one main trail with a couple offshoots that head up buck hill a bit, but it's a nice stroll!

Announcement: https://www.facebook.com/warrenparksnj/posts/2643063762629413
Parks: https://warrenparks.com/parks/

parksguy parksguy
1 week ago

Mamas Restaurant and Cafe Baci is open for pickup, delivery and curbside :)
They are also offering complimentary loaf of bead! I picked one up for my neighbor and for myself.

Anyone know if the super markets have chicken/proteins? We're not out but running low and would like to replenish if we can

IRS extends filing deadline for 90 days from April 15th...

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/you-can-take-an-extra-90-days-to-file-your-tax-return-amid-coronavirus-outbreak.html

ianimal ianimal
1 week ago

Ltl, I went out looking for corned beef yesterday evening. The meat section of the Weis was pretty barren, but Shoprite still had plenty of stuff.

@ Ltl:
I was in Weis Market on Sunday morning and there was no beef or chicken in the cooler. I didn't need either, but I noticed the coolers were empty when I walked by. But when I was checking out, I heard one of the cashiers say the truck was there. They just had not started unloading it yet.

As I'm sure you know, there is no food (or paper goods) shortage. It's just that people are panic-shopping. Hopefully some of the craziness will subside when people get a bit more accustomed to our current predicament. After all, this is going to be the new normal for some length of time.

Terranova at the PV Mall is open for takeout, closing at 8pm.

Weis is in the middle of a remodel

30 Burgers is closed right now. Hoping it's temporary.

Andrew's Mom Andrew's Mom
1 week ago

30 burgers is not closed, its open for takout and delivery. No dine in

Alpine in Blairstown and Hayek's in Newton have product available.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
1 week ago

to support the local businesses with the pick up orders, Hackettstown Parking Authority has suspended meter enforcements until further notice.

Sorry about any misinformation on 30 Burgers. Husband told me there was a sign on the door and no cars in the parking lot. I did message 30 Burgers on Facebook and received a response that it was "temporary due to Covid-19".

Andrew's Mom Andrew's Mom
1 week ago

I love how Bhavik monitors the community and addresses concerns.

Good luck to your success!

Sign on door says the following

Due to COVID-19 we will be implementing new hours. We will also be takeout only for the time being

Daily hours
11:00 AM - 8:00 PM

I have also implemented our own delivery service for a certain area. you can check if you fall into the delivery area via 30BurgersHKT.com

New Jersey is now ordering all of its indoor shopping malls to close until further notice, starting at 8 p.m. Tuesday, to help battle the spread of the coronavirus, Gov. Phil Murphy announced.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
1 week ago

Sonnys Pizza is still open

I love Pizza I love Pizza
1 week ago

7-11 open. AAA operating, too.

For reals For reals
1 week ago

Thanks for the info Monty, I know ppl are panic buying, which we didn't do, which is why were low on some protein

Shop Rite in Mansfield is well stocked with protein sources. Just low on paper items, TP and PT.

Was at Shoprite on Sunday. Only TP & paper towels out. Milk just fine, bread very low but some one was restocking. Nothing else really looked very low other than maybe some cleaning supplies. Really not much of an issue.

Free parking at the meters on main st. means certain merchants will park in front of there business all day,

sally Jo
1 week ago

Marley's and Man Skirt take out tonight! Happy to try to support local merchants at this crazy time! Weeks ago we made plans with friends that we cancelled out of caution before the announcement yesterday - so this really felt like a nice treat!

dadogmomma dadogmomma
1 week ago

Washington Shop Rite has not had any chicken for days and is out of most other meats as well. I was there this morning.

Calico696 Calico696
1 week ago

I'm gladly using this as an opportunity to try and use up all the meat stored in my three freezers (one chest freezer and two standard Fridge/freezer combos)... some of it dates back to the Obama administration, lol.

ianimal ianimal
1 week ago

I can't bring myself to order take-out. A cook could be positive for the virus without knowing it and unintentionally contaminate the food.

happiest girl
1 week ago

I did notice ShopRite of Washington, yesterday, beyond the totally empty paper product shelves, no wipes, etc, very little bottled water, was fully out, and I mean FULLY out of ANY Vitamin C.

Funny how this pandemic is making believers out of those who don't subscribe to vitamins being useful.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
1 week ago

Happiest.......what about the people stocking the vegetables at the supermarket? Are you afraid of that?

Philliesman Philliesman
1 week ago

Does anyone know of any grocery stores and liquor stores doing delivery or car pick up? My husband was in a meeting with someone whose daughter tested positive so we've been staying away from everyone JUST in case. Thanks in advance!

Shoprite has had delivery for a long time. It's out of the Byram Shoprite. Their website says they're adding delivery people to keep up.

Weis web site says the demand is so high they can't do curbside any more. But they say you can get someone via "Shipt".

As of Monday evening, in addition to their remodel efforts, weis was extremely low on canned goods, jars of sauce, bread, frozen vegetables, milk was gone. I was told the are restocking and just couldn't keep up with the shoppers.

Philliesman, Happiest is correct, it's a concern and it will likely be addressed soon. As it could easily be considered a source to spread the virus.

In addition, most people wash store produce and/or cook it first. Either method when done properly, can kill the virus. A restaurant employee/cook who coughs over a prepared sandwich, ... that's a different story.

"hysteria" Really? At this age of the game, calling this situation "hysteria" or down playing coronavirus is often a convenient disguise for fear. (your fear) Or someone who is ill prepared.

This is happening sir, people are trying to protect their families all over the world. It's not hysteria, it's a fact, it's called preparation for reality. Perhaps it's time you come to terms with it too instead of hiding in denial.

Be safe everyone.

allbesafe
1 week ago

How about if you do go to a store or similar place post the time and crowd size, it can help people plan trips better.

Roywhite Roywhite
1 week ago

Mattar's is doing takeout

Someone earlier posted a comment that Masses in the Diocese of Paterson were suspended indefinitely
There are some people for whom daily or Sunday Mass has significant meaning, particularly during Lent and has a certain value in these times. To fill the gap, some will access various Catholic websites or TV networks but the Pastor and Parochial Vicar of Good Shepherd in Andover have gone one step further by streaming daily Mass from the church chapel each morning at 9AM. It's just the two of them with no one else present but it's a bit more realistic and meaningful than seeing a famous bishop or a someone from Rome celebrating Mass. For those interested, it's available on the parish website all day at https://goodshepherdrc.org or via their Facebook page.

Nails salons are open ?

Coco is closed

Taphouse Grille is doing pick up/ delivery from 2pm-8pm.
We will be running specials and doing family size portions.
visit https://www.facebook.com/taphousehackettstown/ for updates!

Taphousegrille Taphousegrille
1 week ago

Dairy Queen is open for takeout -- food and ice cream.

Affordable Vacuum 193 Main Street is OPEN

Dan Shortway Dan Shortway
1 week ago

Are all hair salons closed? Not that I’m going just wondering why they would t close

Htownlifer Htownlifer
1 week ago

Two nearby flat walking and biking parks are now closed (Riverfront Park and Field of Dreams). Does anyone know what flat riding parks or trails that are still accessible and could work for older, occasional bike riders who prefer not to ride on public roads or hilly mountain trails? Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

I meant to say why wouldn’t they close

Htownlifer Htownlifer
1 week ago

Our Home church, Trinity Methodist Church on Main St. in Hackettstown will be mainstreaming services also starting this week. The Presbyterian Church in town started this past Sunday doing that as well and I actually watched their service as was not able to get to my own church. This is wonderful for all of us. I am also not sure if the Nail and Hair Salons are closing..I am hearing many have from choice but I have already cancelled my person weekly hair appointments until further notice as I am trying very hard to be proactive and keep myself and my family safe in any way that I can..

A male family member had an appointment for a hair cut yesterday at a not large salon in Morris County where he has had his hair cut for years. He got a call that all appointments were canceled and they were closed. It makes sense to me since in places like hair salons it's almost impossible to social distance.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
1 week ago

Shop rite in Byram have NO available times for pick up or delivery. Ughhhhh! And I really hope all nail salons close. No one should be getting their nails done right now.

I think "mainstreaming" most likely means "livestreaming"..

I'm sure nail salons are closed - no way to maintain distance

4catmom 4catmom
1 week ago

Yes, it is live streaming, GC..Sorry...Either way...it is a wonderful thing to do especially for us oldsters who are now self quarantined during this time..

Friend- the Columbia Trail is flat. Access off Schooley’s Mountain is probably closest. https://www.traillink.com/trail/columbia-trail/

Blackcat Blackcat
1 week ago

Thanks very much, Blackcat

Pequest wildlife management area is open hiking. Many easy trails around the fish hatchery.

Friend

You could also bike around Waterloo Village or the Sussex Branch Trail just North of there which follows the old railbed. The parking lot for it is on the left side of Waterloo Road at the intersection of Waterloo Road and Continental Drive as you head towards Rt. 206.

Stephens State Park is pretty flat on the gravel road between the main parking area and the Waterloo Valley Road entrance and you can continue on along Waterloo Valley Road for a while if you wish, though there are large dump trucks going in and out of there on occasion.

Phil D. Phil D.
1 week ago

Also the old L&H railroad bed is very flat. From Youngs Blood road in Allamuchy up into sussex county. Parking is also possible at the dpw garage behind old farm village. I have also seen a lot of hikers and bikers on shades of death road, they park at long bridge.

exphysics teacher
1 week ago

I was just at Sussex Branch Trail and it is wide open. The parking lot was packed!

For reals For reals
1 week ago

Starting tomorrow 3/19, the SR in Washington is reserving the hour of 7:30am to 8:30am for elderly and at-risk customers. They are open until 9:00pm. Sundays till 8:00pm.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
1 week ago

With the restrictions on activities in place, why would towns close their parks. Were they too crowded?

@Timmy: The towns want to promote social distancing for parents and kids. Plus, the coronavirus was found to live on plastic and stainless steel.

For reals For reals
1 week ago

The Grove on Willow Grove Street is open for curbside pickup! Call to place your order.

If you log on to ShopRite from Home to get a delivery time, your best bet is to log on early in the morning. It seems that they schedule them a week out, so if you log in early in the morning, the new day is available and more likely to have time slots. That's what I did...scheduled on this past Monday morning for next Sunday delivery.

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
1 week ago

Empire Health Foods (in the IHOP Plaza) is open as usual for now. The number of customers in the store is limited and customers are asked to social distance themselves. Counters are cleaned after each customer and mail order and curbside pickup is available if desired.

Barbara Barbara
1 week ago

Are the golf courses open?

Iamrite Iamrite
1 week ago

Hot Bagels is open for pick up only. Support local businesses!

njbagels njbagels
1 week ago

Yes, it’s safe to order restaurant takeout during coronavirus outbreak, expert says

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/yes-its-safe-to-order-restaurant-takeout-during-coronavirus-outbreak-expert-says.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=njcomfood_sf&utm_content=nj_facebook_njcomfood&fbclid=IwAR2raYUOkRE67BG8dYtPuQiSwa5rER9xQVQsYrq9-rUJG40bw5a1-8TbAoA

I love Pizza I love Pizza
1 week ago

Re: What’s closed / What’s Open Inventory Covid - 19

Washington Diner is closing

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
1 week ago

Has anyone been to Shoprite last night or this morning? I have not been since this all started and I need to go after work. Wondering if things are stocked again or am I going to have a tough time doing a normal weekly shopping?

My husband went last night & the store was easy to shop in but picked clean. They stock overnight so your best bet is to go in the morning

Ugh! Thank you. I was hoping that by now people would be fully stocked in their bunkers:) I guess I will just take what I can get when I get there.

Shop rite is stocked pretty good with food... but not toilet paper, paper towels etc

Booster90 Booster90
1 week ago

Dominos has half off pizzas.

Metsman Metsman
1 week ago

So glad to read the article about it being safe to order take out food- support local businesses if able!!!

sportsfan sportsfan
1 week ago

ShopRite and Walmart had food and fresh produce .... I did not see any T paper at either .... everyone can relax a little no need to panic ... I do believe we will be asked to shelter in place and see how many people have it so we can start the recovery

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
1 week ago

SomeOne sent me a funny Facebook post: In 2050 a man uses the last roll of toilet paper that his parents bought in 2020

Kimberlysea Kimberlysea
1 week ago

at 10 this morning Weiss was stocked with chicken
In and out in 10 mins with self checkout

tigermom
1 week ago

From Governor Murphy regarding salons etc.

Calico696 Calico696
1 week ago

I'm going to try and find a roaster chicken again tomorrow. Washington Shop Rite is reported to be well stocked except for TP, paper towels, soap and meat. No chicken at all as of 11:00 today. I hope they stock up overnight on meat.

I made this comment on a FB regarding all the meat being gone immediately after being restocked:

How big are these people's freezers?

I got this answer:

I work at Lowe's of Flanders. We sold out of all of our freezers also customers were buying several fridges each.

Well, the electric companies will not be going out of business. A sad state of affairs. Sigh....

Calico696 Calico696
1 week ago

Curious if we have/should have to pay for monthly fees during a state mandated closure?

Calico did you get the addresses of these people who are well stocked? Just so I know where to go when I run out of food

positive positive
1 week ago

LOL positive.

Calico696 Calico696
1 week ago

The hoarding really needs to stop.

Consigliere
1 week ago

At some point they will probably call for a 14 day quarantine.. But we will still be able to go to the grocery store. We will all be able to buy food!

Ser positivo Ser positivo
1 week ago

They’re already doing a shelter in place in Hoboken.
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/hoboken-mayor-asks-entire-city-to-self-isolate-restricts-public-crowds-to-5-or-less/2331211/?amp

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
1 week ago

Kohl’s temporarily closed all its stores nationwide today through at least April 1.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
1 week ago

Apparently this stuff is pretty good - canned cooked meats and they're still shipping
https://keystonemeats.com/

alpha1beta alpha1beta
1 week ago

I just looked at the link, alpha1beta and everything seems to be out of stock. I didn't notice when they expect more...….but as of right now they are out of stock.

sandblaster sandblaster
1 week ago

I was able to get the last roaster chicken at Shop Rite in Washington. Was also able to get a package of chicken breast. No TP at all. Paper towels very low, but they had some single roll packs. One per person limit on paper goods. Low on eggs by the dozen, but they had many 18 packs. Lots of bread. No pork roll. Cleaning products very low.

Calico696 Calico696
1 week ago

WHAT!!?? No pork roll? Now this IS getting bad. LOL. Luckily I always have some on hand for such an emergency.

By the way Calico, you meant Taylor Ham right? LMAO!!

Just back from SR Hackettstown.
Well stocked and orderly- busy.
Limits on a variety of items.
All in all, they seem to have a very good handle on it.
Hats off to them.
Employees are Spartans.

Stymie -- did you notice if SR Hackettstown had those large packs of 12 or 20 rolls TP -- either Marcal or Scott brand?

happiest girl
1 week ago

Agree Stymie! Great job at Shop Rite considering the madness.

kimberlysea kimberlysea
1 week ago

Aisle just about empty.
I purchases one two pack of paper towels -just about gone- as well as one gal of bleach- almost gone also.

Some fun math to do with your kids at home:

Avg # squares per roll of toilet paper: 500

500 squares x 24 rolls = 12,000 squares
avg 20 squares per poop = 12,000 / 20 = 600 poops

600 poops / family of 4 = 150 poops per person

150 poops per person / 14 days = 10.71 poops per day per person

Some of you bought way too much toilet paper or poop way too many times a day. LOL

BID on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/B99G1o4HPS_/

Home Towne Hardware is open.
They have toilet paper, paper towels, Cleaning supplies, anti viral sprays.
Everything is in stock for your garden: Seeds, fertilizers, pots, pansies, etc.
Home Towne Hardware
232 Main Street
Hackettstown

alpha1beta alpha1beta
1 week ago

Hometowne Hardware is selling toilet paper for 2.99 per roll. They should be ashamed.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
1 week ago

For any price gouging, Hunterdon County Acting Prosecutor Michael J. Williams said, “Excessive price increases are defined as those that are more than 10% higher than the price at which merchandise was sold during the normal course of business prior to the state of emergency. If you believe these illegal practices are taking place, I urge you to contact the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs.”

www.NJConsumerAffairs.gov or contact the state Division of Consumer Affairs at 973-504-6240. Callers are asked to leave their name, contact information, nature of the complaint, and the name of the business and location.

So that's at almost 100% of what it would cost at Walmart at the max price of 1.69. I think that might fit the definition of price gauging.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
1 week ago

Based on a picture I saw on another thread, it's not regular rolls. Its extra large commercial ones. So not price gouging.

Seenit
1 week ago

They are single ply. Not a commercial size.

Asian Kitchen in both Mansfield and Washington closed

Lamppost Lamppost
1 week ago

Hackettstown Chinese closed

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
1 week ago

At applebees carside right now. They are way behind. Only 1 person running the food out. Wish i didnt pay upfront. Been waiting 45 minutes. Mamas lot is full btw!

Weis had the boxes of pork roll in a small fridge in the aisle back by the coffee creamer - was there this afternoon.

Mrs. Resident Mrs. Resident
1 week ago

Are liquor stores closing for good? I mean until this virus is contained?

Outdoors Women
1 week ago

I think liquor stores may fall under essential businesses just as they do in NY.

Most restaurants cut staff by 95%. If you think your Applebee's is essential you prob need to get your priorities straight. I know for a fact most are working with 1 cook 1 carside, who is usually a young host, and the management. Liquor stores will stay open for two reasons. Imagine all the alcholics flooding the system with withdrawal complications because they are shut down. If you think that's not a lot of people you are wrong. Second reason is people would eventually riot if they couldn't have something to take the edge off. If any one think this will blow over in 2 weeks you are wrong. We are in this for the Long haul and we are in this together. Do what you can to help others but keep yourself safe. You don't need 3 mega rolls of TP or 25 pounds of chicken this week. You don't need 25 rolls of Lysol wipes. You need to think.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
1 week ago

Who said applebees was essential? Stop judging people and learn to read.

Really Scott? Really?

Curlytoo Curlytoo
1 week ago

Unfortunately, liquor is essential until further notice. It calms down the masses. Keep them closed and a lot of wired people will be running loose...

My wife lucked out at at ShopRite Byram this morning as they were replenishing paper goods.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
1 week ago

I was there an hour ago and it was gone.... And that is with a 1 paper product maximum. What did everyone show up at opening and take it all....

Metsman Metsman
1 week ago

Donaldson's will be opening on Wednesday.
Tranquility Farm's is open. Went last night for my produce. They had gloves and sanitzer out for customers to use.

happycamper happycamper
1 week ago

Yes. Really. I jumped on here to report what is open and was told my priorities arent straight for mentioning applebees. The poster also claimed that i think applebees is essential. So um yeah. That person was judgy and didnt read very well. Really.

@happycamper more importantly than the produce.... Did Tranquility have Ice Cream??? Of course I am just teasing - but did they??

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
1 week ago

Was just at Tranquility. Lots of Ice Cream. Indoor Window open for Cones.

Thanks ead!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
1 week ago

Here's what retail businesses are allowed to stay open. This goes into effect at 9 pm on 3/21.

https://nj.gov/governor/news/news/562020/approved/20200320j.shtml

Calico696 Calico696
1 week ago

Liquor stores to stay open.

Not crazy about Murphy, but I do appreciate his Irish roots.....

positive positive
1 week ago

Are rental car companies considered essential? The state website does not list it but nj 101.5 website says they are

@JrzyGirl88 they just announced that the ice cream window will close tonight at 9. Farms Stand will stay open. You can buy pints and quarts.

happycamper happycamper
1 week ago

then there's this

4catmom 4catmom
1 week ago

Thanks Happy!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
1 week ago

yup plenty of ice cream at Tranquility - and bags of fresh bagels- first time I've seen them there- and other good stuff - though there was a raid on meats so some things are temporarily out......................

4catmom 4catmom
1 week ago

Reading the list nj.gov it looks like restaurant will close as of tonight is that correct ??

The state website doesn't say anything about restaurants, but this NJ101.5 article says they can stay open for take out and delivery. Not sure which is correct.

https://nj1015.com/nj-shutdown-for-covid-19-heres-whats-closed-and-allowed-to-be-open/

Regarding the liquor stores, I'm sure the state doesn't want to lose the alcohol tax revenue.

Calico696 Calico696
1 week ago

Calico696 Regarding the liquor stores I don't think the states wants to lose the revenue or the majority of the NJ population to lose their minds.

The web site NJ.com has an article listing which businesses are affected , or not, by the order to close.

4catmom

That was funny. I guess that would be handy if you got a case of the nerves while proposing, or maybe as an extra incentive to state that you're a good provider, LOL!

Jim

Besides the tax income, you have to remember how the Soviet Socialist Republic kept people in line...the breadline may have run out of bread, but you always had vodka available.

Phil D. Phil D.
1 week ago

Thank goodness the liquor stores are staying open. LOL....

Metsman Metsman
1 week ago

The state also doesn't want to add to the hospital overcrowding with those who would go through withdrawals.

PA closed all of their liquor stores. I guess their governor is not Irish. Lol. Anyway, PA residents are crossing over the free bridge to attend to their needs.

positive positive
1 week ago

Is Dunkin' Donuts going to be open for take out still? Does that count as a "restaurant"? I need my caffeine, and the stuff I make at home isn't the same!

Mark Perez Mark Perez
1 week ago

Pa liquor stores did close, they arevall state ownes. But beer distributors are still open! Guess beer is necessary, but not liquor!

I will be outside but I will also be observing the stay at home directive. Primarily because as you said RU, the numbers are going to fall apart next week and I really don’t know who is sick and who is not so for the protection of me and my family I choose to stay home but like you will be outside. Enjoy the fresh air and get some zen in you life today, we could all use some.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
7 days ago

Enjoy the fresh air indeed. And on the plus side, the air has likely never been cleaner in our lifetime with the huge drop in cars on American roads recently.

Bottle King closed today for cleaning. Open tomorrow for home delivery and curbside pickup only.

Mr. Resident Mr. Resident
7 days ago

I was at Bottle King yesterday & it was a zoo! Everyone was stocking up. Glad it will still be open but in a much safer way.

Just left Petsmart in Mt. Olive- It was empty - because you can order online and they will bring the order to your car..............Wish I had known that before I went.....................

4catmom 4catmom
7 days ago

Don’t essential businesses need to close at 8 pm ? Like take out restaurants?

Why are golf courses still open?

Goldfinch Goldfinch
7 days ago

"Don’t essential businesses need to close at 8 pm ? Like take out restaurants?"

All the restaurants I have seen posting on FB etc. have their hours ending at 8 pm.

"Why are golf courses still open?"

I would assume because it's an outdoor activity and a foursome is less than 10 people gathering.

Calico696 Calico696
7 days ago

But yet all the town parks are closed...even walking paths

In answer to MB question on other thread about Starbucks - the one in Hackettstown on 57 is closed according to their website

https://www.starbucks.com/store-locator/store/1005220/hackettstown-nj-1885-route-57-hackettstown-nj-078403477-us

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
7 days ago

Hot Bagels was open today.

Dairy Queen is open.

Hopeful Hopeful
7 days ago

Starbucks is opened from 6am-6pm
Drive thru only

H-Town Mama H-Town Mama
7 days ago

Plenty of other places to walk - Stephens, Evergreen Trail, Kittatinny..................and much more

4catmom 4catmom
7 days ago

While the parks closing is a bummer...how about just walking through a neighborhood?

Route 46
7 days ago

State Parks open - no fee- for passive. Boat ramp open at Spruce Run- walked that park today.
Old RR grade from Waterloo to Cranberry Lake yesterday.
Ken Lockwood tomorrow.
Work shut down, gym closed- gotta keep moving.

I saw cars and people at alumni today when I drove past on my way to Stephen state.. is it actually closed or were people there “illegally”?

@Stymie- what is the old RR grade?

GOLDFINCH: Farmstead closed as of yesterday. Mine brook is money hungry. I certainly hope they follow the rules.

Camper

He means the Sussex Branch Rail-Trail I believe.

Phil D. Phil D.
7 days ago

Correct Phil.
If you hike it, suggest you bring a camera or IPhone- some very picturesque spots.

"Mine brook is money hungry."

That's kind of an obnoxious statement. I would think most small businesses that are staying open are doing so just to stay afloat, not because they're money hungry. Especially a seasonal business like a golf course. Minebrook closed their clubhouse and just left the golf course open.

Camper- The Alumni area (much of it) is state land and open to walk. Riverfront and the trails in the woods are closed.

Page 17 on the tax map indicates the areas.

It is a shame walking trails are closed, but I guess they can't enforce proper use of the park?

Are the banks' lobbies open or drive through only?

Weebiekins Weebiekins
6 days ago

It depends upon the bank. I got an e-mail from PNC last week stating that appointments would be available for transactions that couldn't be handled via telephone, drive-up, or online.

Courtney1 Courtney1
6 days ago

TGM Services is open They are responding to emergency HVAC, plumbing, and electric repair s

Shomgum Sporteman Club Closed till further notice.

YO Jim L go read "Golf Advisor". Also notice other local golf courses are closing. NOT Minebrook as of this moment.

You go golf there and pay the money. Hope you don't get too close to the guy you ride with in the cart !!!.

Golf courses that are open are supposed to be via no carts, so as to allow social distancing.

The governor has closed golf courses. Playing golf is not an essential recreation activity. State golf association confirmed that yesterday. You cannot play golf. No matter the Club or course. If minebrook is truly open, they are breaking the law. Maintenance work are allowed to work on the course though.

Ordained
6 days ago

5 more categories of businesses have been added that can remain open:

Mobile phone retail and repair shops
Bicycle shops, but only to provide service and repairs
Livestock feed stores
Nurseries and garden stores
Farming equipment

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
5 days ago

Apparently, the national park at the Water Gap is open for hikers too. Even though it was coned-off, it was parked up cheek to jowl like it was the 4th of July and must have been a$$hole to elbow crowded on the trail. Just can't imagine social distancing on that thin trail...….do people march 6 feet off the trail to let others pass? What's the time limit to enter someone else's past space as they pass by and you resume your trek? Just amazing and even though the state police were zooming by on Rt 80, the parked cars in plan sight from the highway ---- they were there for at least the 4 hours between my coming and going. Just amazing.

FYI -- Shoprite of Stroudsburg is 5 miles in from the Gap and very easy access, like maybe ten blocks from the highway. They had pickup slots available......

strangerdanger strangerdanger
4 days ago

Franks Pizza in Hackettstown has sadly closed.

Chester Shop Rite opens at 7am. They request from 7am to 8am for seniors or other people in high risk groups.

Also, the Chester Meat Market opens at 8am. Pretty well stocked this morning, just waiting for their delivery of chicken this morning. Plenty of beef and seafood tho as of this morning.

thomasnj thomasnj
4 days ago

Hometown Hardware closed temporarily :(

auntiel auntiel
4 days ago

Does anyone know of any ShopRite or other large store chains in our surrounding area that are setting aside an hour or so during the day for only seniors to do their grocery shopping.

Our local Hackettstown ShopRite and Weis are not.
Thanks

Margaret Margaret
4 days ago

I believe someone posted Walmart 6-7a.m. Tuesdays for seniors.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
4 days ago

Washington shoprite 730-830 am for seniors.

Wawa on Mountain Ave is open and has added DoorDash for delivery during certain hours daily

Shoprite in Washington had some paper products back in stock today and overall in good stock conditions for meat and other staples

Let's please support our local food businesses. They are slowly closing. If we don't order anything they can close and possibly permanently and that's so awful for this community.

Byram shopite is trying to dedicate the fist 2 hous in the morning for seniors,BUT they are not forbidding others.

exphysics teacher
4 days ago

Franks in Hackettstown is OPEN until 8:00p.m. tonight. I spoke to Franks about 3 minutes ago. They are OPEN. Address: 80 Main Street; next to Shop rite Liquors. (908)955-9390

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
4 days ago

Donaldson's has opened. They have two time slots for seniors and people with disabilities , Wednesdays 11-12:30 and 3:30-5. They also have PHONE ORDERS / CURBSIDE PICK UP - You may place an order via phone for curbside pick up. Please call 908-852-9122 x1

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
4 days ago

Now that’s creative; thank you Donaldsons!

Hopefully Others will follow; it’s brilliant. Let me call, order, pay online, drop it in my car and I’m off!

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
4 days ago

I just placed an order with Donaldson's by phone. She actually did the shopping as I told her what I needed.

whocares whocares
4 days ago

Just stopped at the Shop-Rite in Rockaway (Dover) on Route 46, in the event any of you are down that way they are fully stocked except for many cleaning products and hand sanitzers

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
4 days ago

Starbucks has new hours 8am-12pm

H-Town Mama H-Town Mama
4 days ago

Enchanted Chocolate in Hasting's Square is open for curbside pick-up.

I spoke with the owner today and they have plenty of Easter candy.

I informed my wife, who happens to love their chocolate, and am now under orders to add a chocolate rabbit to her usual gift....in the spirit of helping local businesses, of course.

Bruno's pizza is also open for take-out. If you and your family are stuck at home, you can always take the local pizzeria challenge and vote for who's best.

Szechuan Royale appears to be closed until April 1st.

The bridge closure on Schooley's Mountain Rd. hit the businesses there pretty hard even before the Covid-19 shutdowns.

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
4 days ago

Does anybody know if Lab corp is open for walk in blood tests?

We got our usual Bruno’s pizza Friday. She said they were told it may just be another week or so for the bridge

Blackcat Blackcat
4 days ago

Bug3 - I think you need to make an appointment now. I did get an email from them and here is a link to their website for patients during the covid-19 crisis.

https://www.labcorp.com/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/patient-information

Lynnada Lynnada
4 days ago

Bug, I believe they are "only" processing folks that are truly ill and sent by their doctor....I would think at this point , walk ins would be discouraged.

It seems like the operative words for many of the small businesses in Hastings and elsewhere are "call first" or"check their social media page."

Many of the specialty shops (like chocolate, phone repair, etc.) that are still permitted to operate are not open for public access, but you can still arrange to get their products and services.

With regard to picking up food for take-out, it is always best to call ahead so you are in-and-out instead of awkwardly waiting/social-distancing. Some places will just not let you in and you will have to wait in your car.

The larger stores are rolling out signs and floor decals to remind their customers of the "new normal" for this pandemic.

We are living in memorable times.

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
3 days ago

Went to Chick-Fil-A in phillipsburg, they were packed for drive through and curbside pickup. I had to drive almost an hour roundtrip to support a franchise we will never have in town.

Mama's is selling make at home pizza kits. Sounds like a fun project for the kids.
Includes 2 balls of dough, sauce, cheese, and a surprise gift. $10.
They can accommodate gluten free requests.

happiest girl
3 days ago

Pandan Room open for takeout.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
3 days ago

Anyone know why Wawa on Mountain Ave. is closed - went by on 3/26 ~5:30 pm - cones in gas pump aisles - no prices on sign + store appears to be closed. Dunkin' on Mountain Ave. also appeared to be closed.

SS2cats SS2cats
3 days ago

A gas attendant tested positive at Wawa. They closed to disinfect the store and pumps.
Could be quite an issue with the contact with customers and their cards for payment. I do know they were wearing gloves however.

DD on Mountain Ave closes at 5PM now.

Way to go Mama's....a jewel of Hackettstown. They always step up in bad times and good!

The Hipster The Hipster
3 days ago

Davilla's on Main St. has been doing the "pizza kit" since last week as well.

Calico696 Calico696
3 days ago

Great dinner- picked up at Mattars

4catmom 4catmom
3 days ago

Enzos in Mansfield has been doing pizza kits too. Got two last week kids had a great time.

Hockey mom Hockey mom
2 days ago

Still no toilet paper. We can milk cows faster than we can make toilet paper.

Sue Heck Sue Heck
2 days ago

Can anyone give an update as to how well Shoprite is now stocked on goods including meats and frozen foods? I haven't had to shop in awhile and need to venture out within the next day or two.

sportsfan sportsfan
2 days ago

Meats are in good supply.

Paper goods and anything disinfecting are still out.

Sue Heck Sue Heck
2 days ago

I was at Shop Rite on Wednesday around 9:30AM. They were low on TP, but still had some. Same w/paper towels No limits on milk, but there was a sign saying it wasn’t being made in quarts or pints anymore, and they had plenty. Limits on ground beef & chicken - you could buy 2. There were some SR brand disinfecting wipes. I didn’t need bread or hand sanitizer, so I don’t know about those. I was able to get everything on my list, including tortillas for my sister who couldn’t find any by her. Of course, this was 2 days ago. One can only keep their fingers crossed that it will stay like this or move closer toward ‘normal’.

TiffanyTwisted TiffanyTwisted
2 days ago

Yesterday am, SRite on 31 had very little frozen vegi, only a few brand names, no TP, plenty of meats and produce (low on tomatoes). Good luck

Roywhite Roywhite
2 days ago

I don't know about today, but Walmart had toilet paper and paper towels on Wednesday and Thursday of this week.

Woke 2020
2 days ago

Thank you everyone!

sportsfan sportsfan
2 days ago

Just got back from Washington Shop Rite. It's bizarre there.

They had some toilet paper and paper towels. Limit one per person. Still couldn't get any pork roll. They had a little, but it was the tangy one. My husband doesn't like that one. Tried get low sodium chicken broth, no dice. Meat was in good supply. Squares of blue tape on the floor showing were to stand. Can't interact with deli people at all. Have to use the ordering kiosk. Cashiers behind shields like bank tellers.

I would pay handsomely be be able to go sit at a bar somewhere. Are there any states at all where bars and restaurants are still open? Might be time for a trip.

Calico696 Calico696
2 days ago

I'm with you on that Calico!

Give it a little of time, plenty of time in the future for that...

+1 on that. Expect numbers to be more of the same for awhile. Take er slow on this one.

2 days ago

I have cut back to a trickle :) Alcohol consumption lowers your immunity...

@Calico Weis slices Taylor ham at the deli counter $9.99lb last time I was there.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
2 days ago

"Alcohol consumption lowers your immunity..."

Nonsense. I think the last time I had a cold was 2005.

It looks like even Idaho and Wyoming are closed too. Oh well, looks like we are staying here for now.

Calico696 Calico696
2 days ago

"@Calico Weis slices Taylor ham at the deli counter $9.99lb last time I was there."

Thanks. If I get out that way, I will stop in.

Calico696 Calico696
2 days ago

weeanimal had his first taste of Taylor Pork Roll this morning... I picked up a 24-oz mini log last week. Costco had the 6-lb anaconda and it was Case, which I actually prefer... but refrigerator space management required careful thought and practical judgement, so I had to settle, lol.

ianimal ianimal
2 days ago

Alcohol is the world's greatest antiseptic... and the antidote for antifreeze poisoning, so there's that.

ianimal ianimal
2 days ago

Has anyone been to Shoprite this week after 7pm? Curious if they are able to keep milk, bread on shelves at that hour.

Mamas is open for takeout/curbside pickup. Just had a wonderful meal and was able to pay over phone and they delivered it to me in my car.

sportsfan sportsfan
2 days ago

are Manskirt and the other breweries in town open for growler refills?

ianimal ianimal
2 days ago

Yes they are open for pick up only

I read no refills. You must purchase a new growler for the time being. That was Czig, but assuming all following suit

Weebiekins Weebiekins
2 days ago

Yes shoprite is usually well stocked on milk and bread after 7. Only real issues still are canned beans/veggies. Household cleaners and paper products.

shopper
2 days ago

I don't know how accurate this site is, but it seems to indicate what local Targets have in stock.

https://www.instok.org/search

Link actually lists stock at a bunch of stores. I didn't scroll down far enough.

Yea unfortunately it can't be kept up to date fast enough. I tried some that said they had it today, none did. Also the lady at Walgreens actually said it might be 6 to 12 months before they get more hand sanitizer.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
1 day ago

First Presbyterian Church will be live streaming their 10 am worship service again tomorrow morning. It can be accessed from the church's facebook page: First Presbyterian Church Hackettstown.

summerrain1 summerrain1
1 day ago

"Also the lady at Walgreens actually said it might be 6 to 12 months before they get more hand sanitizer."

Maybe not, distilleries have been cranking it out.

https://parade.com/1011922/jerylbrunner/distilleries-making-hand-sanitizer/

Calico696 Calico696
1 day ago

I agree; 6 to 12 months would require some other breakdown. Or inability to get it cuz everyone else nabbing it first. Very doubtful.

China starting the factories back up after a couple of months. Not sure what production level they’re at. We aren’t even closing ours down.

1 day ago

What happened to Pizza Hut by Piggy’s?

justwondering justwondering
1 day ago

Moe’s looks like it’s temporarily closed

Anyone know of a Chinese restaurant still delivering in the area?

Hungry for noodles
1 day ago

Washington Shop Rite is now limiting the number of people allowed in the store at one time. They will only allow for 30% of capacity, whatever that number is. Others have to wait on line outside.

Calico696 Calico696
1 day ago

Couldn’t they just tell us the number instead of trying to solve for x?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
1 day ago

Get your IT people to build a reservation system. Putting people in queue is just asking for trouble.

Good time to be a boomer, OK?

1 day ago

They should state what the maximum occupancy is before or after they start what percentage would be let in.

Also, the average occupancy of a grocery is probably only 25-30% Of the maximum at any given time besides Saturday and Sunday. I’ve been in grocery stores at off peak hours that may have had 5% of the allowed occupancy.

Consigliere
1 day ago

3wb - Exactly. I hope people who have difficulty standing for periods of time are given priority.

Calico696 Calico696
1 day ago

Once at capacity, maybe you should be able to drive/walk up, have cart person or someone hand you a number, and then show that number on sign at door when it's time. Avoids lines, works for deli, it's a process they are used to...…

Anything but a queue

1 day ago

Chester Shoprite is limiting to 30% as well.

Thomasnj Thomasnj
20 hours ago

I think you can all just relax and let ShopRite figure it out. They have stepped up to this challenge and are doing a great job. As a community, we really owe them for how they’ve reacted. I’m sure this is just one of MANY challenges they are needing to work out.

I agree Res, they are heroes IMO. It’s just that a long queue outside the store does not sound pretty. I just hope the reduced capacity works. Additionally, I don’t think they have expanded the pickup reservations which seems the safest way to go for both customers and employees. Basically sold out.

Hey, I’m a senior, they carved a special window out for me, that’s great !

Hang in there folks, we have a number of weeks to go. Lets flatten that curve, even if we escape the heavy damage, some Easterners may need our Hospital beds.

19 hours ago

It seems like the horse has already left the barn. We are starting down a very slippery slope with these lines. Before you know it, we’ll only be allowed to shop on even/odd calendar days like the gas crisis in the 70s.

"We are starting down a very slippery slope with these lines. Before you know it, we’ll only be allowed to shop on even/odd calendar days like the gas crisis in the 70s."

Spot on. All part of the fear mongering agenda to create more panic, panic, panic.

Calico696 Calico696
18 hours ago

Exactly why I’m taking my business to other stores. I don’t understand why anyone would stand in line like that. There are other grocery stores.

Trinity UMC Hackettstown Streaming Via Facebook Live on Sunday mornings 9:15 and then uploaded to their website. Scripture readings and links to watch https://www.catchthespirit.org/online-worship/.

The Lord's Pantry is still open, you can call the office in the mornings to check or ask for more information. Accepting food donations at Church Office (yellow building 213 Main Street) next to Church. Simply bag and leave on front porch. 908-852-3020

My last 2 trips (yesterday included)
To Shoprite we’re about 1.5 hours before closing.
No crowd- actually pretty empty store.
Well stocked - except the usual items- quick check out.
Hats off to Shoprite Mgt and their SPARTAN employees.

For theater lovers, while Centenary Stage is closed down, they had shows, rehearsals, sets all in progress. For those of us with tickets, we can exchange, credit, get reimbursed OR donate them as a charitable deduction. Or do what I will do, just donate! It's a hidden community gem, let's pitch in! Let's support our local stage craft.

Here's the "what to do" page: http://www.centenarystageco.org/ticket-policies

And to donate: https://tickets.centenarystageco.org/TheatreManager/1/login?donation=0

15 hours ago

"Additionally, I don’t think they have expanded the pickup reservations which seems the safest way to go for both customers and employees. Basically sold out."

That has been VERY frustrating for me. I do not understand why they're not putting more resources there where their employees and the public will have less potential for exposure. The last pick up order I was able to place, which I picked up from the Byram Shop Rite a week ago, I expected a ZOO since all reservations have been sold out every single day and there were maybe 1 or 2 other cars picking up while we waited. And, still, there is no reason for the grocery insanity.

somechick1 somechick1
13 hours ago

Washington Shop Rite has revised their hours.

Calico696 Calico696
12 hours ago

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.