Items Deperately Needed - Let's Help Each Other Out

Good morning, I hope you all can help me. I am a type 1 insulin dependent diabetic and I've been to CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreen, Shoprite, Weiss and Walmart and no one has alcohol swabs. I need these because I need to clean the injection site prior and after I inject my insulin. Can anyone please, please help! All these stores are sold out and cannot provide a timeline on when they will get any in. I've checked online and it's the same store. Please can you help.

Desperate Desperate
2 weeks ago

Can you find just a bottle of rubbing alcohol and some cotton balls? You’ve probably checked but thought I would mention it just in case you haven’t. Good luck!

I have a bottle of rubbing alcohol if you can use that. I would be happy to drop it off top you or meet you in a public space.

Re: Items Deperately Needed - Let's Help Each Other Out

These are the same thing if you can find them. They are alcohol wipes

The back:——>

amazon has large quantities - not out of stock from what I can see -

I have a whole bunch you can have. just email me

Can you use soap and water?

HomeImprovement HomeImprovement
2 weeks ago

Great help people, the way it should be.

justwondering justwondering
2 weeks ago

There are awesome people on HL. Is there anything else that people need? I couldn't find my dog's canned food anywhere and she was running out. My friend just found me two cases at the Weis in Forks Twp.

Calico696 Calico696
2 weeks ago

Calico- Check out Chewy.com to see if they carry the dog food. We haven't purchased dog food in a brick and mortar store in quite some time. It's actually cheaper, with no shipping and the cases get dropped on my front porch. We have it set up as an automatic delivery as well.

I agree, the HL community will always join together when it counts for sure.

I second the Chewys idea. They have awesome customer service too. Called them once to say the forty pound cat litter was split open and that it was fine as we were able to get it all, but they said no, we will ship another bag free of charge. We explained that we just wanted to make them aware that someone needed to be more careful and they said this is how our company works. We make it right! Another time we ordered two packs of chew sticks and they sent two cases instead. Told us to keep them.

There is more alcohol wipes, albeit old ones, at our house --- partial box.

Hopefully the pipelines will refill soon. Have been on N95 mask list(s) for close to two weeks.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
2 weeks ago

@desperate - I just ordered some of the Sight Savers on Amazon with delivery for Monday. Please DM me if you want someone to drop off a box of 100.

Is anyone aware of local charities that are organizing drives/support? So many people cannot afford to stock-up (let alone there's nothing to stock right now). Tried calling Trinity but only received their voice mail.

I remember for Super Storm Sandy we had this kind of post pinned to the top. Can we do this again? Maybe by category of supplies needed?

Just thinking outside the box in the event this shortage gets worse,grain alcohol at Bottle King should work.

In the vision department they have Zeiss eyeglass wipes. They have alcohol in them.

The optimum state is at least 70% alcohol. I am not sure the Zeiss wipes have that much.

I would recommend getting 70% + isopropyl alcohol bottles and cotton swabs as an alternate, so says my mom who uses them.

Maybe EVERCLEAR grain alcohol, I would read up on it first.

PREDATOR PREDATOR
2 weeks ago

The prices on Amazon are very high and not practical for someone who uses them everyday. Call your doctor, they may be able to put your mind at ease with regards to alternates (soap & water). Pharmacies may also have them behind the counter specifically for people with a medical need. If you didn’t ask, you might want to try that.

Actually pretty much sold out on Amazon or $20 for a $2 bottle from 3rd parties...

Most of this will be replenished in a week or two.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
2 weeks ago

Anyone know who has toilet paper in stock?

Desperate: We give my son weekly infusions at home. They send supplies and every week give us a box of band aides and alcohol swabs. It always seems to be a little too much.
We could totally send some your way.

LivingLifeLovingLife LivingLifeLovingLife
2 weeks ago

Abc123 - I know someone who was able to buy TP at Rite Aid in Washington. Check CVS, WalGreens and perhaps check Dollar stores like Dollar General, etc. Hopefully stores will restock soon!

luvlife
2 weeks ago

Abc123, I saw people leaving Washington Shoprite early this afternoon with TP. It was in the back of the store on a skid yesterday. Or call Family Dollar in Washington. Nobody ever shops there.

Chewy.com is the best customer service that I've ever encountered.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
2 weeks ago

Abc123 - as of Friday(3/13), Family Dollar on Rt. 46 in White Township had toilet paper

I agree; chewy great, customer service better.

In The Swim too, but that’s for another day.

Also feel bad for the deliverer though, 35lbers no fun.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
2 weeks ago

Hi Everyone,
Thank you very much for your support. I went to a local pharmacy and they stated when their supply comes in Tuesday they will put 2 boxes on the side for me. However, she cannot guarantee they will come in. Many of the stores say they're back ordered. I called my insurance and alcohol swabs are covered in my plan but the representative stated I will need a prescription from my doctor in order for them to dispense them to me. Again, they stated if there is stock they will send them with my insulin I just ordered.

I sincerely appreciate everyone's help. LivingLifeLovingLife please keep your alcohol pads because from what some of my doctors are saying, manufacturers cannot keep up with the demand with this Coronavirus panic and even doctor's offices are having a hard time getting supplies. Please keep them for your son's care. I only ask that people who do not need these alcohol swabs to please leave it for people who truly do for medical reasons.

Thank you everyone for your help and compassion.

Desperate Desperate
2 weeks ago

Check insulinhelp.org too. It's on The American Diabetes Assoc page.

DogDayAfternoon
2 weeks ago

Any leads regarding dairy/milk? Just trying to avoid running all over.

OliverQueen OliverQueen
2 weeks ago

Please, please, please look out for seniors in your neighborhood. These folks don’t necessarily have access or savvy to search online or alternative resources. Please take care of our most vulnerable.

Hi my son takes a shot every night but we have some extra alcohol prep pads if you need.

Desperate - I have about 30. I don’t need them.
I’m glad to meet you somewhere to give them to you.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
2 weeks ago

There are so many good and caring and helpful people on hackettstown life. It warms my Heart to see these responses to someone in need. Thank you.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
2 weeks ago

Hi Desperate.
I have 20 packets. I don't need them.
They are all yours.

ShopRite in Mansfield was fully stocked with milk when I was there around 8:30. If you go first thing in the morning, you should be able to get some.

Htown Resident Htown Resident
2 weeks ago

Awesome community spirit. Let's keep it going.

Calico696 Calico696
2 weeks ago

I have an a fresh unopened Home Depot HDX Antibacterial wipes - if that's good for you just send me a DM with your address will put them in your mailbox - no charge.

Peace out

All of the small, local places seem to have things that were out in the large stores, so if anyone is out of items - check the little places. They could use the business, too.

DogDayAfternoon
2 weeks ago

Thank you everyone! People have given me bottles or isoproply alcohol and a box of swabs so I will be ok. I've emailed my doctor and she's sending over the prescription to my insurance. I also went to walmart at 6 am and was able to purchase 2 containers of antibacterial wipes.
I cannot thank everyone enough. If anyone need helps please do not hesitate to contact me. I sincerely appreciate everyone's support, help and kindness!

Desperate Desperate
2 weeks ago

I have a bunch of them, about 40 that you are welcome to. Let me know.

Great news!

dodgebaal dodgebaal
2 weeks ago

Good work all. Hard times can bring out the worst in people, let’s aim to watch out for each other.

Don't forget to grocery shop for your elderly vulnerable relatives & neighbors

iJay: Just to get the word out about church options for people: First Presbyterian Church of Hackettstown live-streamed their service this morning (in-person service was cancelled) via facebook. It's a good alternative for people who still want a church service but are mindful of practicing social distancing. I believe that they are planning to continue live-streaming each week for as long as is needed during this time.

summerrain1 summerrain1
2 weeks ago

Yep, that should be the way for ALL religious institutions until further notice.

Attn: This is a thread for people who need specific items and services they are having difficulty locating due to the current crisis.

This is not a crisis news thread. Off topic posts will be deleted by moderators.

2 weeks ago

Lysol Disinfecting Wipes from staples.com for anyone that might need them, a little pricey tough

https://www.staples.com/lysol-disinfecting-wipes-lemon-and-lime-blossom-80-box-3-pack-1920084251/product_RAC84251PK

I smell price gauging. Wow.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
1 week ago

Milk at weis this morning!

The Express Mart on Mountain Ave had whole milk as of earlier this morning, just in case anyone has been looking

sandblaster sandblaster
1 week ago

Hello all. To help facilitate those in need of emergency supplies and to aid the community in its effort to help one another, we have added a category in the Classifieds named "**** Emergency Items Needed *****" If you are in need of emergency supplies, please post it here in hopes that a community member can help out. Please note that this is not guaranteed and should not be your only means of obtaining emergency supplies that you require. Hopefully this can allow the community to help each other out.

Great idea!

positive positive
1 week ago

Here's another great idea! Perhaps they'll start that here as well. Special hours for the at risk to shop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FB8bwXh04o

Phil D. Phil D.
1 week ago

I know they were in the news a few months back but fair life milk is definitely one to go far. The shelflife is forever because of the way they pasteurize it. I picked up 2 gallons the other day and the expiration date is June 20!

Kelleo22 Kelleo22
1 week ago

Target will be open to seniors only Wednesdays 8-9am...............

4catmom 4catmom
1 week ago

Freeze milk. It should last 6 months or more.

So, what is a Senior ? 50-55-60 ?

PREDATOR PREDATOR
1 week ago

PREDATOR

Normally it's considered 60 or above, though some discounts etc. don't start until 65, while some businesses consider you a Senior at 50 or 55. From what I've been seeing, they've mostly been using "60 and over" as the metric.

If you were born on the Leap Day and only consider yourself "15", I'll bet that tune changes when you ask for a discount, lol!

Phil D. Phil D.
1 week ago

I was in the hospital for a bit and am handicapped. Anyone have any extra toilet paper, tissues or paper towels? So very much appreciated. I live on Main Street

Rose I have a package of flushable whipes if you want them I can get them to you. Just let me know on here then I'll give you my phone number and you can call or text me your address. I live by the middle school so I can easily drop them off.

sandblaster sandblaster
1 week ago

Not sure if they will help in hackettstown as well but Mansfield just posted this notice!

"During these trying times we all should keep in mind our senior citizens and vulnerable people in our community. Should you or someone you know that are senior citizens and are experiencing difficulties getting food or shopping necessities please let the Township know by calling.... 9086896151 ext 100 or email info@mansfieldtownship-nj.gov.... We will assist you."

Thecatsmeow Thecatsmeow
1 week ago

rose, I can give you a couple of rolls and a box of tissues.
let me know where I can drop them off.

The Man The Man
1 week ago

There you are folks. TP at Hometowne hardware. $3.00 a roll. 6 roll limit.

#PriceGouging?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
1 week ago

those are commercial high capacity rolls, not your standard roll of Charmin... 1,730 sheets per roll.

ianimal ianimal
1 week ago

Lots of sheets ianimal, but this commercial stuff is like sandpaper...

$3 a roll? That is price gouging. I feel for those who cannot afford it at regular prices let alone jacking it up.

DogDayAfternoon
1 week ago

You will need plenty of aloe lotion after you wipe your tush after using that stuff. That is if you can find any.

Price gouging can be a good thing when it comes to supply and demand in times of crisis. Here is one of many articles.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fee.org/articles/price-gouging-during-disasters-is-actually-a-good-thing//amp

Hopeful Hopeful
1 week ago

Except it’s illegal.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
1 week ago

In my opinion it's illegal,unethical, predatory and simply shameful that people are able to justify that kind of conduct. It's simply wrong.

Agree 100%, Greg

positive positive
1 week ago

Commercial demand must be down with Restaurants and companies closed. Somebody is charging too much...

I posted this on the other thread about what is open now and what is not but thought it would be helpful since price gouging is being discussed on this thread as well:

For any price gouging, Hunterdon County Acting Prosecutor Michael J. Williams said, “Excessive price increases are defined as those that are more than 10% higher than the price at which merchandise was sold during the normal course of business prior to the state of emergency. If you believe these illegal practices are taking place, I urge you to contact the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs.”

www.NJConsumerAffairs.gov or contact the state Division of Consumer Affairs at 973-504-6240. Callers are asked to leave their name, contact information, nature of the complaint, and the name of the business and location.

Better yet, nobody buy the overpriced stuff; that will teach a lesson.

I don't think that is out of line. I just saw cases of the same toilet paper online for 99.99 (I'm sure you could get it cheaper but this was quick research) 99.99 divided by 48 rolls is 2.08 plus shipping costs and profit.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
1 week ago

Again somebody is charging too much, either the distributor, the store itself, or both...

Think these are the same

Booster90 Booster90
1 week ago

Booster90 - Same product, different size. That's a case of 36 price for single size rolls of 865. Home Town is selling individual double size rolls of 1730.

If that’s true, I would think some sort of signage/disclaimer would be in order to explain why they they are charging well over what a typical roll of toilet paper costs. Seems simple enough to do.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
1 week ago

That kind of tp will wreck your septic system. Be careful

Ser positivo Ser positivo
1 week ago

Hometowne Hardware are selling the 'larger' rolls. They are not overcharging. Anyone that actually shops there knows they are good people and are reasonably priced.

Privately owned companies can't buy in the bulk size that Walmart, Target and other worldwide boxed stores can. Of course with certain items, box stores can sell for less.

Hackettstown Hardware is a great store. Please don't make false accusations of overcharging for TP. It's simply not true. Support our local businesses, as they're providing a valuable service by staying open in our time of need.

allbesafe
7 days ago

Ser Positivo, if you have a septic system or old drain lines with little pitch be sure to use toilet paper that disintegrates under the faucet (passes this test). I have found that Scott toilet paper meets this standard the best while not being a complete sand-paper experience.

That toilet paper is about $55 per case (36 ct) wholesale. That is about $1.50 a roll. They are offering it at $3.00 a roll retail. I guess that is an acceptable mark up to some.

I love Home Towne Hardware and shop there often. Great folks for sure.

Lol, well said JimT. Opinions are opinions and facts are facts. Trying to inform in a 'positive' manner.

3wbdwnj, With respect, these rolls are not your typical 1000 sheet rolls. That sell for $1.75 - $1.99. These are commercial rolls with around 1700 sheets. Judge all you want ... just know the facts before passing unjust judgments. For $2.99 it's a good price.

allbesafe
7 days ago

If you maintain your septic system properly, no paper will ever make it out of the tank- it will sink to the bottom of the 1,000 gallon holding tank- start to break down- and be removed when you pump the tank out every 2-3 years as you should.

Actually allbeafe- that product has 865 sheets per roll as per the Tork website. The 1700 (actual1730) sheets you reference is for the entire dispenser. It holds two rolls.

Yes, it appears I have this kind of time! LOL

https://www.torkusa.com/product/161990/refill/toilet_paper

At the end of the day-who cares. If one really needs paper, one will pay.

It was limit 1 per person, but Shoprite today had a number of individual rolls this morning. S/R brand .89 and I think it was Scott for .99.

Should give a lot of people a chance for one emergency roll if you really need it.

I second Home Town Hardware. We purchased 5 rolls of TP yesterday. I feel a bit better that I was able to acquire some. (with the entire family home - the TP can go quite quick)

Also, the staff was wonderful!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.