Anyone recognize this cat?

Anyone recognize this cat?

Does anyone recognize this cat? I want to say it showed up to my group of strays a month ago. No ear tip so wasn't TNR'd but definitely seems fixed. Just making sure it is not a lost pet. Has pretty unique markings. Really hoping it's not another someone dumped here.

Thecatsmeow Thecatsmeow
Mar '20

Re: Anyone recognize this cat?

Another picture with the markings on its head.

Thecatsmeow Thecatsmeow
Mar '20

This cat is 100% someone's lost pet or dumped. Came up to me meowing, let me pet him and started purring. I can't believe this is happening again. I hope this one will have a happy ending too.

Thecatsmeow Thecatsmeow
Mar '20

Did you post him on Facebook?

Jesse132 Jesse132
Mar '20

How about a location................

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '20

Sorry, I have so much on my mind I didn't even notice I forgot the location! This cat is at the Mansfield village apartments.

Thecatsmeow Thecatsmeow
Mar '20

Ate you able to have it scanned for a chip? Also check with animal control to make sure no one has reported him missing.

Drpgirl Drpgirl
Mar '20

I will check with animal control tomorrow and call a couple of rescues to see if they can take it in. I would hate to trap it (not sure it'll go into a carrier easily) if I dont have someone lined up first. If a rescue cant take it and I find a person who will take it, I can take it to the vet first for a check up and have it scanned.

Thecatsmeow Thecatsmeow
Mar '20

Try the Pet Adoption League of Hackettstown.

Drpgirl Drpgirl
Mar '20

I am waiting to hear back from them and 11th hour rescue. This boy (or girl?) Is so sweet. Starts meowing as soon as he sees me and just wants food and to be pet. I tried lifting him a little to see if it would freak out but didnt seem to care at all.

Thecatsmeow Thecatsmeow
Mar '20

Any updates?

NJatheart NJatheart
Mar '20

Update: this cat still has not been claimed and I am desperately looking for a foster. He is very sweet just wants to eat and be pet like most cats. He is very vocal and demands attention when he wants it. He is starting to get very skinny despite me feeding him everyday. Please if anyone can help let me know. I have been in contact with 11th hour and he is on their list but it's been awhile and still no luck.

Last night my nightmare came true. He has been hanging out inside an empty utility room under the building. Yesterday someone closed the door that was propped open, locking him inside. I could hear him frantically meowing and scratching the door. I called the emergency number for maintenance and after 3 hours someone came out to open the door. I am worried this may happen again.

Thecatsmeow Thecatsmeow
Mar '20

If he is skinny he probably has worms. You can order cat dewormer on amazon and treat it that way. There may be other rescues you can call and see if they can get him a foster. Poor little guy, I wonder if someone dumped him?

Jesse132 Jesse132
Mar '20

Jesse someone definitely dumped him or perhaps he got lost.

He could have worms but he also might not be getting enough food as there is competition with the other cats around. I try to hang around and make sure he gets some but after I leave the others may scare him off. It's tough trying to make sure they are all fed. I'll see if I can get some dewormer and give it a try anyway, cant hurt.

I have tried PAL as well no word from them either. Not sure of any others nearby that would take him. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thecatsmeow Thecatsmeow
Mar '20

Why do people dump their pets, It’s so mean. Don’t get them if you can’t take care of them. And if you fall on hard times find a home for them, dumping them is just cruel.

Jesse132 Jesse132
Mar '20

Castmeow, I just PM’d you.

Jesse132 Jesse132
Mar '20

Jesse I emailed you back, not sure if you received it or perhaps went to spam mail.

Thecatsmeow Thecatsmeow
Mar '20

Thecatsmeow
I have liquid dewormer you can have. If interested send me an email.

Also try Eleventh Hour for a rescue

Jacqui Jacqui
Mar '20

PAL has taken all the cats from Pet Smart and Pet Valu into fosters...so don't have any extra room at this time. Have you contacted animal control/vet offices to see if anyone will claim him? WRNJ has pet lost/found?

SS2cats SS2cats
Mar '20

Update: thank you everyone for your replies, I dropped this cat off at 11th hour rescue yesterday to be checked out and put into a foster home! I'm hoping everything went well because he was in pretty rough shape. Very skinny but still super affectionate. I had to keep him in a room for a few hours before taking him and he seemed so glad he could finally relax. (See picture attached )

Thecatsmeow Thecatsmeow
Apr '20

I'm so glad you were able to do this................You really saved him.

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.