Summer camp recommendations

Looking for reasonable summer camps in the area for elementary school age.

Any suggestions?

Jessica Jessica
Feb '20

Meadowbrook

Define reasonable

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Feb '20

http://mvca.org/programs/summer-camp/

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Feb '20

As troubled as they are, I say scouting can provide the best summer camp experience for life. Hopefully they will pass through bankruptcy caused in part by their abuse scandal which I pray they will deal with better than the Catholic Church and come out solvent in both finances and morality.

Scouting is a national code with local administration. Your experience is based on your troop. In our case, abuse would require a team of two in that single parents were never with kids alone. In our case, our kids learned skills, a moral code, self reliance, leadership skills and team skills. They camped every month, survived Death Jam easily, hiked a good portion of the Trail, and summered in a variety of scout-run camps.

It was a good thing that I would repeat. But it depends primarily on your troop, not the national organization,

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Feb '20

The calendar shows an Open House at Meadowbrook on March 1.

Andrew's Mom Andrew's Mom
Feb '20

Tamarack Day Camp in Randolph is terrific! So many great activities available....and they bus door to door

ImOnSaxton
Feb '20

The YMCA camp through Randolph is awesome. The bus picks up kids in Hackettstown and Allamuchy!

For reals For reals
Feb '20

A summer camp that is super affordable is the Catholic Charities program. Although most of the time the children are in a gym like setting.

MommyNJ4 MommyNJ4
Feb '20

Catholic Charities + children = yikes!!!!

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '20

We put our grandkids in the summer camp in Mt Olive they loved it

Camp Bernie in Port Murray. It's reasonable and the kids have fun. There are new activities every 45 minutes and keep the kids busy. They have an outdoor pool, a pond to canoe in, rock climbing, archery, arts and crafts, and more.

Morning - Evolutionary Martial Arts offers a great summer camp, they are located on Main Street in Hackettstown. My children have attended camp there and are also now part of the coaching staff. They offer a great program, throughout the day the offer fun activities as well as teaching the children basic skills related to Martial Arts, they do games to promote teamwork and they teach age appropriate self defense skills. The coaching staff is fun and caring and always has a great day planned for the kids!!

Jill H Jill H
Feb '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.