Trader Joe's in Easton

Sounds like its coming soon

This Easton project may be our best chance yet to get a Trader Joe’s in the Lehigh Valley
Let’s flash back to 2004. The Lehigh Valley was rapidly growing through the development of bedroom communities for people willing to endure a 2-hour commute to New York City. The tradeoff was that they could live in a McMansion by paying a fractio...

Who cares about Easton. I care about Hackettstown! I know I know here comes everyone who’s going to say population blah blah blah but with all these houses going up in Mansfield and condos off 80 I can’t say why a Trader Joe’s can’t go in my olive next to that gym

Bug3, link?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
3 days ago

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2020/02/this-easton-project-may-be-our-best-chance-yet-to-get-a-trader-joes-in-the-lehigh-valley.html

ianimal ianimal
3 days ago

"Sounds like its coming soon" - Bug3

"To be clear, this is all just speculation. We’re very early in the process, and Peron, like any smart developer, won’t be divulging a tenant until after approvals are in place and a deal’s inked. As for Trader Joe’s, we’ve inquired about its interest in the Lehigh Valley multiple times in recent years. My last pass at them yielded no response. The protocols that apply to the developer also apply to the prospective tenant so I don’t blame Trader Joe’s for not wanting to play the game of speculation." - dude who wrote the story

No... no, it doesn't sound like Trader Joe's is coming soon. It sounds like some guy wishes it will happen. If Trader Joe's comes to the Lehigh Valley, it will be in the Allentown/Bethlehem-area and not in downtown Easton in a flood plain.

ianimal ianimal
3 days ago

Its in express times

Easton is a redevelopement zone with major tax breaks....thats why there is a trader joes possibilty...not so much the location

I now have two near work in New Brunswick, 10 mi. or less from each other. Very convenient.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
3 days ago

I have a standing list of things I need to get from Trader Joe's anytime I'm in West Windsor for a meeting... this direction comes from my wife, if that wasn't already apparent.

ianimal ianimal
3 days ago

"Sounds like its coming soon"

???

Sound like a guy wrote an article about a wish and a prayer. There are no facts in that article.

I go to the one in Denville on route 10, 30 minutes from Hackettstown .

An hour round-trip
for 2 buck chuck; that’s loyalty.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
3 days ago

There's one in Florham Park as well.

Stranger..no 2buck Chuck in Denville... Have to go to Westfield for that. Something about liquor licenses in NJ.

Mamadone Mamadone
3 days ago

I wish Trader Joe's or Whole Foods would come to a town in Warren County, that would be nice! I guess Easton area would be close enough!

Been going to Trader Joes since the 90s. Back then they had an eclectic offering of food items. One of the things I miss being out in the boonies.

Florham Park was one of the first, although the current location is brand new.

An hour round-trip
for 2 buck chuck; that’s loyalty.

Spend 15 bucks in gas and an hour of time for a bottle of wine.

Gotta love booze to do that!

callitlikeIseeit callitlikeIseeit
2 days ago

Gonna be some space opening up in the Mt Olive Retail Center - maybe a good spot for Trader Joe’s?
Much better location and economic profile than Hkts.

Odd to me that Shop Rite still has such a stronghold on Western Morris County,
Sussex, and Warren counties here in 2020. Shop Rite carries lesser quality/healthier
products than Wegmans, Whole Foods , and Trader Joe's. As time goes on
people want to eat healthier and the answer isn't Shop Rite !!

herman
1 day ago

I can get most organic products that I'm looking for at Shoprite. People can eat healthy. Just stop buying food that contains additives. The basics are there.

Shoprite has a nice local program with herbs and veges. I like their International line too in it’s still lower or equal to brand priced but truly International in flavor for some distinctive tastes. Hard to beat their prices.

They have free pickup on now; think I might make a hard goods run trying that. Think it’s available in Washington not Mansfield.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
1 day ago

Wegman's is the way to go for Organic - Trader Joe's produce & meat does not have much variety. Unfortunately it's a half hour away..

Two buck chuck is three bucks in Westfield Trader Joes last time I checked.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
1 day ago

Yeah, well, can't keep changing the name like 30 Burgers. Bottle's probably smaller too :>)

strangerdanger strangerdanger
1 day ago

Why go to Easton when you have a great TJ on RT.10W in Denville/Randolph?

Restaurant Ralph Restaurant Ralph
15 hours ago

Because it’s far?

@Stymie

A TJ at the former A&P location would be fantastic! That store would absolutely be a popular place to shop, but unfortunately I just don't see it happening. There is a very specific demographic that places like TJ, WF, and Wegmans is looking for, I just don't think anywhere within a 15 mile radius of Hackettstown is where they are looking.

And that's a damn shame.

14 hours ago

@3w

LOL...Far? And Easton is closer?

14 hours ago

For me yes. I guess it depends on where you live. :)

Easton is closer for me, too.

I’ll defer to you Resturant Ralph.
My thoughts were huge traffic from existing stores- plenty of parking- EZ access to Rte 80 plus very dense population area- many upscale housing units as well as many condos.
Only area competition is Shoprite and one Weis.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Trader Joe's in Easton
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.