Warren County 911 Robo Call 2/13-Missing Oxford Girl (FOUND)

Has anyone received a call from the Warren County 911 Communication Center tonight? I have No Robo on our house line and it knocked it out after one ring. I feel it is a scam but am unsure. The number that called is 908 835 2000

Yes. But the message was unclear, missing female in a light blue Northface jacket was all I got.

I received one around 7:15 p.m. I never answer my phone, but they did not leave any message on my machine. Same number. Name on my caller I.D. said Warren Cnty Off. Not sure what it meant.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Feb '20

Did you listen?
There’s a missing girl in oxford. It may have been a recording about that!

Realllly
Feb '20

Re: Warren County 911 Robo Call 2/13-Missing Oxford Girl (FOUND)

See screenshot.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '20

There is a helicopter circling and search parties. Praying that they find her soon

Susan
Feb '20

Thanks all. I sure hope the young girl is located soon.

Call came through as potential spam as well. They need to get that corrected.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Feb '20

The phone number was reported by someone to Nomorobo. The recording associated with it is just a notification of an EMS training session open to the public.

I got a call that left a VM that says a very large number starting with nine million eighty six thousand, etc. "9,086,891,111" That's a strange thing to get but seems to equate to a numerical representation of the phone number of Washington Tsp (Warren) police dept.

May not be the most effective system, but not a scam.

Check your cars, yards and sheds Oxford people.

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2020/02/large-search-seeks-10-year-old-girl-in-warren-county-community.html

maja2 maja2
Feb '20

I hope to God that girl is OK but that message could not have been more confusing and, therefore, seemingly less effective. Is too much to ask for a human being to record an actual message for something this serious?

Consigliere
Feb '20

I just went and checked my entire property with my dog and flashlight. Nothing. I'm quite far from the 200 block of Rt. 31, which is near Oxford A-1 Tire. Hoping she is found safe soon. It's cold out there.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '20

I pray she is found soon! THis is the picture from the link.

Denis Denis
Feb '20

As per Oxford FD, she has been found. Thank goodness!

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '20

That’s great news, thanks calico!

Consigliere
Feb '20

I agree with the above posters, who said they need to change the system to keep up with technology. I, to, got the same call, same number. The robo call grabbed it, on the first ring. That usually indicates spam. Since we’ve been getting so many, using Warren County phone numbers, we just shrug them off. I would hate to miss an important announcement, like this. Since I’m not on other social media I rely on you guys, to fill me in. Thank goodness this adorable child was found!

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Feb '20

Wow! Rough couple days for Oxford's emergency services. Missing girl search last night and now a house fire on Pequest and a three car accident in the middle of town. I'm not sure I have ever even seen three cars even in the middle of Oxford at the same time.

A special thanks to all the first responders for all of their hard work.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '20

There’s a middle of town?

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Feb '20

lol, good one Strangerdanger :)

Any explanation of what happened?

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Feb '20

Don't know if it's true or not, but word on the street is that she intended to run away.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '20

Thank you. It’s good to know the cause of so much effort, paid and volunteer alike since both were probably intending to do other things. Well, it happens, even in the best of homes. Hope they work it out.

Feb '20

If that’s true, the police need to speak with the parents. A 10 year old running away is WAY different than a 15 or 16 year old running away. I hope her home life is not as bad as I now suspect.

Consigliere
Feb '20

Let me state again, I do not know if this is true. I heard it from a first responder, It was said that she and her mother argued and that's why she left.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '20

For one- first responders shouldn't be talking of personal matters from calls.
Also maybe not spreading hearsay of a third party would be a better option on a public forum.

DogDayAfternoon
Feb '20

The little girl is a friend of my granddaughter. She did not run away. She was playing on their property and became disoriented and confused. We're all very thankful she was found safe.

Rusty Rusty
Feb '20

DDA - I made sure to note two times, that it was what I heard. People post hearsay all the time. Have you ever seen a thread on here that goes something like this? "Anyone know what is opening on the corner of whatever and whatever street?" You get 50 responses of what people heard, most different.

Also, whether or not first reponders should be talking about personal matters from calls, most do it anyway.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '20

All I wanted to know the reason all those people were needed for a search. Seems a fair enough question. Ten year olds run away sometimes; sometimes it isn’t because there is dysfunction. Heck, disorientation may signal a bigger problem. Ty for the update; I took it as you said it, then explained it, and had no reason to suspect anything else. Just glad prayers are answered, hope anything that needs it, is worked out. And I am sure all officials are doing their job; I see nothing to make anyone speculate further.

Feb '20

Let's not forget the 4 child suicides this month. One just the other day. Most of that was kept on the "down low" except for the last one.

callitlikeIseeit callitlikeIseeit
Feb '20

That property must be HUGE to become disoriented on. Although it’s pretty “woodsy” out in Oxford it’s still NJ. Walk 30 minutes in any direction and you’re sure to hit a road.

Consigliere
Feb '20

she is 10 ,stop.

stephen stephen
Feb '20

I guess when you're a frightened 10 yr old you don't think like an adult. The property is quite a bit of acreage with much of it being wooded. Again I am very thankful that she was found safe.

Rusty Rusty
Feb '20

"Walk 30 minutes in any direction and you’re sure to hit a road."

Not if the direction you're walking happens to be circular (-;

ianimal ianimal
Feb '20

10 year old, scared, woods, and dark and you’re really going to judge??

Nosila Nosila
Feb '20

Holy cow, who’s judging?? If it came off like that it certainly wasn’t my intent.

Consigliere
Feb '20

Sounds like a good question to me Consig…. Sometimes nonjudgers get mislabeled as judgers as judged by unjudgeworthyable judgements. At age 10, I am pretty sure I was good for a half mile in any direction although I used to have to ask my older sister to knock down the drifts if I was going "cross-country" to the next neighborhood. Not to mention how do parents lose their kid on their own land? Ponderosa?

Verizon "friends and family" extra lines are pretty inexpensive, especially if you have a spread that loses people.

But it is what it is, don't think there's a major harm, foul, or misuse of taxpayer funds on this one and, for me, as I said from the beginning ---- hope all is well and anything that needs fixing is getting fixed in a happy fashion for all.

Feb '20

I thought I read somewhere that she was diabetic, which may account for the confusion, In any case, it's the family's personal business why this happened, and all of our business to help if we can. I'm so grateful she was found. I was out of town that night or I'd have been in the woods with a flashlight as well.

Keep on backtrackin'

"All I wanted to know the reason all those people were needed for a search."

"Verizon "friends and family" extra lines are pretty inexpensive, especially if you have a spread that loses people."

"But it is what it is, don't think there's a major harm, foul, or misuse of taxpayer funds on this one "

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Feb '20

"Also, whether or not first reponders should be talking about personal matters from calls, most do it anyway."

Guess that makes it alright.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Feb '20

"Guess that makes it alright."

No, it doesn't. Just stating the facts.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '20

Well there Pilgrim, when you're lost on the Ponderosa, backtracking through the backcountry is not backwards; it's how the lost become found :>)

Feb '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.