Please, offer an explanation

Theoretically, out of the desired demographic.
BUT.....
80% of the commercials I see on Comcast are either music by :
Patsy Cline
Adam Ant
Grace Slick
or:
Joe Namath and Rodney Peete
Pitching crap to me.
Wazzz up wit dat??

Stymie Stymie
Jan '20

It's probably because the demographic most likely to be still attached to cable TV tend toward the older side, hence the older recognizable musicians and personalities. Younger folks tend to be the cord cutters.

eperot eperot
Jan '20

Maybe its the channels you are watching

Bug3
Jan '20

Makes sense. TY

Stymie Stymie
Jan '20

Every commercial you see on cable (or ad on the internet) is customized to target you personally. Companies create a "profile" for you based on factors like your neighborhood, age, household size, mortgage/rent, ethnicity and what you buy/watch on tv. All of this information is collected and sold from company to company.

stephen515 stephen515
Jan '20

I'm going to assume that since you used 'wazzzup wt dat' that you're looking for beer commercials and not Depends or Medicare coverage, but it happens to all of us and it depends on what station you have on. If you are watching Ridiculousness, you won't see them, but if you're watching old timey shows, you will see the other stuff.

DogDayAfternoon
Jan '20

What are commercials LOL? Do you own a DVR and know how to use it? My wife cannot stand commercials and DVRs everything. I have not seen a commercial in years unless I am watching live sports.

If patsy is sellin' im buyin'

Underdog Underdog
Jan '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.