Independence township first aid squad

Sending a very large THANK YOU to the 911 people, the Independence Township first aid squad and the helicopter pilot and nurse.
I experienced a heart attack last week in the morning and called 911 - they immediately alerted the Independence township first aid squad who came to my home quickly. They were very knowledgeable and kept me calm. They saw that it was a heart attack and immediately called the helicopter who met us at the Hackettstown hospital pad, put me on the helicopter (nurse sat next to me and kept me calm), at Morristown they put a stent in my artery.
Without all these wonderful people, I would not be alive today. Please note that all of you are so appreciated by everyone in the community and are so Awesome!! You are the Best. Thank you!

So Thankful! So Thankful!
Jan '20

Amazing work by Idny. Thank you for sharing and God bless you.

Consigliere
Jan '20

So Thankful!

That's awesome! They were all definitely caring professionals and we're also fortunate that one of the best rated hospitals in the Northeast (Morristown) for heart issues is that close. When and if your cardiologist has you go to cardiac rehab, Hackettstown Hospital is awesome and the Nursing Staff there really looks after your recovery!

Yes, that's because I've been to both places twice, Morristown for surgery and Hackettstown for cardiac rehab., so enough personal experience. Hopefully no more needed;-)

Phil D. Phil D.
Jan '20

Phil D.
That is good news to hear and so glad you are doing better!

So Thankful So Thankful
Jan '20

I'm happy to hear that you are both doing well.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '20

Hats off to a great squad and pilot and nurse! Quite a few rides in the helicopter to Morristown , is again letting us know we need a full Cardiology dept in our town hospital!
There is no reason we can't have these life saving procedures done in our town hospital!
Bad weather, heavy fog , could leave a patient in a very bad situation! We appreciate all that's done , but let's get this done! Atlantic Health wake up!

Robert Robert
Jan '20

This is so nice!! Congrats and keep getting better.

Robert.....I, for one, will take the copter...…unless they can move Morristown Hospital to H-town.....

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Jan '20

Robert, never going to happen here in Hackettstown.

what is the insurance bill for this uber ride and flight? glad your are ok!

freedom12 freedom12
Jan '20

I was told that the state will not allow any hospitals in our area to do a stent procedure, only one allowed is Morristown - not Hackettstown, St.Clares, Newton or Hunterdon.
Don't know for sure if that is correct but I do agree - they should all learn and be prepared for the procedure - saves lifes!

So Thankful So Thankful
Jan '20

St. Luke's in P'burg does stent procedures. Someone I know recently had one done there.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '20

Calico696,
They are a Low Risk site. They can only do Diagnostic procedures. They can not do Emergent. If they find a blockage i believe they have to be sent out for the stent.

I am so happy you are ok so thankful. And thank you for appreciating your volunteer first responders. My daughter is a volunteer EMT at Indy. I had her pass on your amazing story to the 2 volunteer first responders that came and helped you. ❤

I pray your recovery is an easy one.

God Bless

Jacqui Jacqui
Feb '20

I was talking to someone today about the use of the chopper. I learned information that I would like to pass on.

The person I was speaking to said that they got a bill for $12,000 for their family member to be flown in one by Atlantic Health. They were then told by a state police friend that the hospital was to have given them a choice to fly by them or the state police. This family wasn't given this information ahead of time. It turns out that the state police don't charge. The reason, when we pay motor vehicle, there is a $2 charge that goes into a fund to pay the state police for this service.

This was about 3 years ago so I'm not sure if it's still true.

Just wanted to share this info as I didn't know this and I doubt that many other do.

magpie magpie
Feb '20

Independence rescue squad has started billing people too. These organizations are getting too expensive to run on just donations anymore.

Bug3
Feb '20

They bill so that the insurance pays but you don't have to pay the rest of the bill.

magpie magpie
Feb '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.