2019/2020 MLB Offseason / Hot Stove

Cora and Hinch canned... start the Doomsday Clock for Beltran. There's no way he survives the cheating scandal and makes it to Port St. Lucie in less than four weeks.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '20

Only the Mets would be affected by something that had nothing to do with them at the time . And I just stopped laughing over Cespedes and the wild boar attack .

https://nypost.com/2020/01/03/yoenis-cespedes-ankle-fractures-came-during-incident-with-wild-boar/

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jan '20

At least we can sleep better knowing the Wilpon's are on their way out.

Metsman Metsman
Jan '20

Pitchers and catchers report in a month … the Baltimore chatter is that Buck Showalter is on the Mets' radar for the manager job … they could do worse … Buck won a division title in '14 and got to the playoffs twice in the recently bygone decade as a wild card… the only reliable pitcher was the closer (now a Yankee) … he did have Machado, Adam Jones and Chris Davis hitting the crap out of the ball and playing great defense, too.

Now, they have the worst team in their history, since 1954, when they were just the St. Louis Browns with feathers.

How about Jose Altuve holding onto his shirt when coming home after his pennant winning walk-off … pretty incriminating, I'd say, adding the journalistic "allegedly" I've been taught to use.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jan '20

They definitely need to investigate the players more and they need to be punished. They shouldn't get away with it.

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Jan '20

The players are protected by the players union .The reason why Beltran was allowed to be named is because he is no longer a player. The funny part was WFAN's Evan Roberts getting disconnected from a Mets' conference call with their GM after he asked a second question . It seems like everyone else in baseball had heard about the Astos cheating except the Mets' front office . It's laughable how their GM lies and expects people to believe it . The first thing Steve Cohen should do when he takes over the team is fire that snake oil salesman !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuPFvdEGcl4

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jan '20

Metsman, you may want to stop at Bottle King on your way home and get a beer to cry into...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28647868/manfred-says-new-york-mets-sale-wilpons-cohen-off

ianimal ianimal
Feb '20

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...…… I hate these owners so much.....

Metsman Metsman
Feb '20

OMG! Sorry, Metsman.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '20

According to MLB reporter Jon Heyman the Cohen deal is dead , but the team is still for sale . Had the deal gone through it wouldn't have affected the 2020 season anyway .

Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman
·
1h
Mets deal is dead, completely kaput. MLB doesn’t blame the Mets, who are expected to open up the sale in a more typical auction now. Also, after what happened here, belief is Stevie Cohen, despite his reported $13B, will have trouble ever buying any team.

97XBAM 97XBAM
Feb '20

They still have deGrom, McNeil, the Polar Bear … still a fun watch, they'll stay in the wild card race before the ultimate let down.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '20

Diaz worked with Pedro Martinez over the winter, so hopefully that got him in a good place to where he can handle NY. Familia also lost 30 pounds. If those 2 do their jobs in the bullpen the team will win over 90 games.

Metsman Metsman
Feb '20

Exactly one month until Opening Day (Thursday, March 26th). Who's in for the annual HL meetup this season?

ESPN lineup for opening day is a good one... Nats-Mets at 1, Giants-Dodgers at 4 and Angels-Astros at 7.

ianimal ianimal
Feb '20

&^%$#@!!!! Severino needs Tommy John surgery.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28780316/yankees-starter-luis-severino-needs-tommy-john-surgery

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '20

Re: 2019/2020 MLB Offseason / Hot Stove

Poor Yankees.... I'm sure they'll buy someone to replace him...

Metsman Metsman
Feb '20

"Poor Yankees.... I'm sure they'll buy someone to replace him..."

Jealousy and envy are terrible things. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '20

It's not like the Mets have never spent big money … Bobby Bonilla is smiling all the way to the bank LOL

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '20

I think they still owe him for 15 more years. LOL....

Metsman Metsman
Feb '20

We will all be dead from Coronavirus before he's fully paid out. LMAO

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '20

MLB suspends spring training; Opening Day likely to be delayed...

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb-will-delay-baseball-season-opening-day-suspend-spring-training-over-coronavirus-172618153.html

ianimal ianimal
Mar '20

I just logged into my mlb.tv account and was confused as to why there was no games tomorrow or any day until opening day. Now I know.

Sacks cousin
Mar '20

NCAA and JUCO sports are cancelled for the Spring. What a joke.... They better give back players year of eligibility....

Metsman Metsman
Mar '20

I'm sure they will, since the season ended through no fault of the player. That's assuming they have common sense. You never know.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Mar '20

And the MLB draft is going to be a mess. If this gets any worse high school seasons will get cancelled too.

Metsman Metsman
Mar '20

In this case, it is a good thing that high school baseball does not draw big crowds in New Jersey. The state guideline is for events that draw over 250 people into a closely enclosed area, to be called off.

That does not apply to high school baseball in these parts.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Mar '20

Yea but if the kids aren't back at school they're not going to play. That's why I don't understand why the NCAA did what they did. Why not postpone things for a couple of weeks before making a rash decision of cancelling the seasons. Colleges are only on extended spring break at the moment. So why cancel all the sports.... At least the NCAA is giving all Spring sports another year of eligibility.

Metsman Metsman
Mar '20

Sad day.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '20

For sure. Oh well, the bright side is that we are still all undefeated.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '20

MLB is investigating but somehow the Mets managed a loss today.

Roywhite Roywhite
Mar '20

Looks like the MLB draft will only be 5-10 rounds this year. That stinks for a lot of players.

Metsman Metsman
Mar '20

Kinda odd since they have all the time in the world and have less hype to deal with.

Yea but they have no players to watch. How can you fill 40 rounds if no one is playing.
There were 15 scouts at my sons last game down south. So if they can't get data, why waste money on later round guys who may or may not deserve to be picked.

Metsman Metsman
Mar '20

Hank Steinbrenner died...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29034938/yankees-executive-hank-steinbrenner-dies-63-lengthy-illness

ianimal ianimal
Apr '20

Yes, I heard that a couple hours ago on The Herd. Sad.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '20

RIP Hank and thanks.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '20

Happy Bobby Bonilla Day, Metsman...

ianimal ianimal
Jul '20

LOL, ianimal. Horatio and I have decided we will no longer be watching or patronizing any sports. So I'm out if you are planning an opening day lunch.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '20

I'm not willing to go that far, but I'll admit that the sabbatical from watching sporting events every night is somewhat cathartic and freeing in some small way.

Not to mention, lucrative... I've been channeling all that wasted time into working more hours. I'm working 60-65 hours a week. And with nothing to spend the extra $ on... it's really piling up.

ianimal ianimal
Jul '20

Yeah, we are done. Sick of celebrities in general. Won't be watching movies or TV anymore either. Not that we watched much of that before. I'm way down in weight. Actually underweight. Been using the two hours a day that I used to spend commuting to exercise and to do online research into a project I'm working on. Going back to work two days a week next week.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '20

Belated Happy Bobby Bonilla Day, Metsman LOL

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '20

PLAY BALL!!!

I was thinking about suggesting doing our annual Opening Day get-together over Zoom, but there aren't any day games scheduled, so see you next year, hopefully.

Unfortunately, the start of the season brings the distaste of having to see Gerrit Cole take the field wearing a Yankees uniform. The only mitigating factor is that at least it won't be those dorky pinstripes... yet. That particular indignity will have to wait for another day.

ianimal ianimal
Jul '20

Isn’t opening day a prospective world series matchup and isn’t Fauci tossing out the first ball? I gotta see this one!

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Jul '20

Nat’s don’t make series, it’ll be the sharpest dressed Yanks over high spendin LA. Watch out for the cheaten’ Stro’s, or not so long shot Twins.

Roywhite Roywhite
Jul '20

I wonder what the Fauci-based "prop" bets are going to be...

I've often said that only degenerates bet on baseball... but I'm feeling the urge for some action, LOL.

ianimal ianimal
Jul '20

They say betters are jonesing and propping up the stock market to get their fix. ;-)

What kind of Fauci bets will there be? Handicap to 45 feet?

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Jul '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.